Vin

Texans @ Lions

Texans are lucky two weeks in a row.They will lose their next game :yep:

The AFC is wide open, wow. Patriots or Broncos might be the best team.

As long as the Texans have a win on us, they're better. Pats are probably the team to look out for in the conference. The Ravens are a mediocre 8-2, the Pats could easily be an undefeated team right now, only 3 field goals put them out of that category. The Texans have a strong D with Watt alone, but they really miss Brian Cushing, and losing JJ is gonna kill them.

1. I can't be too mad about the call by the refs. I hate it as much as the next Lions fan if not more. But at the end of the day, its the coach's job to be composed in situations like that... And Shwartz dropped the ball on it. The refs screwed us big time, but we were in it till the end, and the fact that we couldn't capitalize on all those opportunities makes up for that officiating.

2. The defense played very well, the scoreboard doesn't reflect it, and the yards didn't either, but the defense played very well. Chris Houston, and Louis Delmas are our DB unit. Our DLine played great for most of the game.

3. Matthew Stafford played very well, missed a couple throws, and still has the bad case of happy feet, but he played very well. Same with Broyles, he and Reiff have me really excited.

4. By the hammer of thor, WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY IS PETTIGREW STILL GETTING PASSES THROWN HIS DIRECTION?!?!?!?!? The guy drops passes, and fumbles at the most importunate times. I'm tired of the "he's a great blocker" line, its false. And regardless, we don 't even run the ball.

5. Calvin Johnson is on pace to break Jerry Rice's receiving record, which is a reason to be excited.

This season is probably over, and all we can do at this point is probably play the role of spoilers for others. We are a few pieces away from being a very good team... We can move the ball, and our defense is a couple players away from being one of the better in the league. We've been in every game so far this season, and we just can't put it together. It sucks, but oh well, we finally put up a good performance during thanksgiving, and I'm full off of this American food.

Hope everyone is having a good thanksgiving. lol. :p

• Upvote 1

What are you talking about. Stafford played pretty awful, IMO.

Hitting on 50% of your throws when you throw it 60 times?! Screw that. So many awful throws.. He has no accuracy at all, and half of the completions he did have were his wideouts bailing his awful ass out.

And the refs didn't screw you. Your loser coach did. If he doesn't challenge that play, it gets reviewed and reversed. The same coach that cursed out refs last year for not knowing the rules of OT.

Learn the fucking rules, coach. Asshat.

Lions are a complete shitshow.

• Upvote 2

The Suh kick in slow-mo: rzjhO.gif

WIth the coach (who looks like a slime ball) and Suh - Lions look like a dirty organization. I feel sorry that Megatron is on that team, he's a likable guy.

• Upvote 1

What are you talking about. Stafford played pretty awful, IMO.

Hitting on 50% of your throws when you throw it 60 times?! Screw that. So many awful throws.. He has no accuracy at all, and half of the completions he did have were his wideouts bailing his awful ass out.

And the refs didn't screw you. Your loser coach did. If he doesn't challenge that play, it gets reviewed and reversed. The same coach that cursed out refs last year for not knowing the rules of OT.

Learn the fucking rules, coach. Asshat.

Lions are a complete shitshow.

WIth the coach (who looks like a slime ball) and Suh - Lions look like a dirty organization. I feel sorry that Megatron is on that team, he's a likable guy.

I agree with you two. My dad, uncle, and grandpa were all rooting for the Lions because OMG SUH WENT TO NEBRASKA OMGGGG and they wouldn't shut the fuck up about how the refs "screwed the Lions". I'm sorry, but it's the head coach's job to know the fucking rules and not screw his team over.

Can't stand the Lions outside of Megatron.

Texans are turning into the '07 Pats. Everything is going their way for the most part.

lmao.

1. How many QBs would put up an amazing completion % if they were asked to throw the ball 60 times?

OMG!!!! A QB THREW THE BALL 60 TIMES AND HAD BAD THROWS!!! SURPRISE!!! HE SUCKS!!!!!!

He had passes batted down, he had drops, and he had overthrows, he also had JJ Watt breathing on him all game. He had a very good game all things considered, and bringing up his completion % when he was asked to throw the ball 60 times is laughable.

2. I already gave Shwartz literally all the blame for that touchdown being held up he was the reason only reason that play held up. It was the worst coaching error I can personally remember seeing by anyone. How many times have I ever complained about refs actually losing us games?

But you are being absolutely ignorant if to you, officials, all looking at a play live can see a player GO DOWN TO THE GROUND, TWO ELBOWS, KNEES, ALL HIT THE GROUND, at some point, and act like he wasn't down. Everybody and their mom saw that, but those 7 officials who are coincidentally supposed to be the ones who can see it better then anyone else. That's being screwed. The official's first job is to get the right call on the field. We can all blame Shwartz all we want, but none of that happens if the correct call is made.

And spare me the ass crap about the officials having to let a play run because in some situation the player may not be down. That doesn't apply when everybody sees it but the officials, and outside of moments where a turnover occurs, refs usually always blow the play dead right after the player goes down.

And yea, we are a shit show. Going toe to toe one week against arguably the best team in the NFC and almost winning, and then on a short week going toe to toe with the best team in the league and almost wining, both of those teams with easily more talented rosters then us. Shit show central. :rolleyes:

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Throwing out completion percentage just because he had 60 throws is equally as silly. Why should the standard on completion percentage drop because you throw more?!?

I am not sure if you noticed, but the Texans D played pretty horrendously today. Lions WR were open ALL DAY. Stafford responded by overthrowing them. Underthrowing them. Throwing them too far in front. Throwing them too far behind.

He's got a great arm, but he just doesn't know how to place the ball. Pretty simple.

Then we have this,

I already gave Shwartz literally all the blame for that touchdown

The refs screwed us big time

Admittedly, you did assign some blame to Schwartz. But the refs didn't screw you at all, IMO. They did their jobs. Followed the rules as they are outlined and taught to them. Should he have been called down? Sure... But no referee for sure sees it, I don't want them to blow the whistle. I don't want them calling guys down for what they THINK they see. Let the play go, if it's wrong, it will get reviewed.

And you are most definitely a shit show. You stood "toe to toe" with the Packers, but completely collapsed in the last two minutes. Some of the worst play and playcalling I have seen all season. You take the Texans to the very end, but blow every opportunity you had on the way there.

This is the difference between good teams and bad teams.

Good ones find a way to win, while bad ones find a way to lose. And if there is anything I am certain of, it is that the Lions are masters of finding a way to lose.

The Texans probably should have lost that game. The challenge rule is absolutely stupid. However, all the coaches should be aware of it and had he not thrown the flag, it would have been reviewed. So I guess they have no one to blame but their own coach.

It's really hard to feel sorry for the Lions. I really hate Schwartz, Suh and the jackassery of an offseason they had.

Should the refs have seen Forsett was down? Yup, but refs miss calls all the time - be it holding, illegal contact or whatever. Schwartz threw the flag in an emotional moment and clearly knew he fucked up.

• Upvote 1