Bay

Richard Sherman says Russell Wilson is better than Luck and RG3

Saw this posted on an Eagles board I frequent; it mostly sums up my feelings:

the Redskins have beaten 2 team with a winning record, the 8-7 Giants and Cowboys. Wilson has beaten 6 teams with a winning record, including the Patriots, Packers, 49ers, Bears and Vikings

Obviously winning football games comes down to more than just a quarterback but I do feel that the RG3 hype train is getting a little out of control, and Russell Wilson is my rookie of the year without question.

• Upvote 1

Wilson is becoming better and better as the season goes on.

After that performance against San Fran, tying Peyton's record for most passing TDs by a rookie, I think I might give him the nod over RG3 as well.

He's never going to get it because the hype train is rolling too hard for Luck and RG3, and he's not in a major media center, and he wasn't picked 1 or 2 overall in the draft, (just makes it more impressive to me), but I think Wilson has the better resume, even with that great defense- he did just put up 42 points on San Fran's D, more than Brady could the previous week.

• Upvote 1

Wilson is becoming better and better as the season goes on.

After that performance against San Fran, tying Peyton's record for most passing TDs by a rookie, I think I might give him the nod over RG3 as well.

He's never going to get it because the hype train is rolling too hard for Luck and RG3, and he's not in a major media center, and he wasn't picked 1 or 2 overall in the draft, (just makes it more impressive to me), but I think Wilson has the better resume, even with that great defense- he did just put up 42 points on San Fran's D, more than Brady could the previous week.

To be fair to Brady, his weapons are not nearly as impressive as people make them seem. Except for Gronk, and he was gone.

And to be even fairer to Brady, Wilson's weapons are not nearly as bad as people make them seem. You give me a QB who was Rice, Baldwin, and Tate to throw to, and Lynch and Turbin to hand off to? I'll take that over New England's arsenal any day.

• Downvote 2

To be fair to Brady, his weapons are not nearly as impressive as people make them seem. Except for Gronk, and he was gone.

And to be even fairer to Brady, Wilson's weapons are not nearly as bad as people make them seem. You give me a QB who was Rice, Baldwin, and Tate to throw to, and Lynch and Turbin to hand off to? I'll take that over New England's arsenal any day.

Are you serious. I take Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Ridley, and Lloyd with that o line any day of the week.

• Upvote 2

What.

You did not just seriously say that Rice, Baldwin, Tate, Lynch and Turbin are a better combo than Welker, Hernandez, Lloyd, Gronk, Ridley and Woodhead, did you?

• Upvote 2

Hernandez and Welker aren't impressive?

As for Wilson's weapons Rice has always been good WHEN HEALTHY, Baldwin has always been average and Tate has been a huge disappointment up until the last like eight games. Lynch is a great running back but who the fuck was Turbin? The Patriots have a pretty good running game themselves.

Hernandez and Welker aren't impressive?

As for Wilson's weapons Rice has always been good WHEN HEALTHY, Baldwin has always been average and Tate has been a huge disappointment up until the last like eight games. Lynch is a great running back but who the fuck was Turbin? The Patriots have a pretty good running game themselves.

Robert Turbin is our rookie backup RB. We drafted him so we'd have someone to step in when Lynch needs a rest, or if he gets injured. So far he's been playing pretty well considering that his snaps are so limited sitting behind a monster like Lynch.

Robert Turbin is our rookie backup RB. We drafted him so we'd have someone to step in when Lynch needs a rest, or if he gets injured. So far he's been playing pretty well considering that his snaps are so limited sitting behind a monster like Lynch.

I know who he is now but I'm saying I never really heard his name until a month ago I wouldn't consider him a huge "weapon" if you know what I mean (not saying he can't be).

I know who he is now but I'm saying I never really heard his name until a month ago I wouldn't consider him a huge "weapon" if you know what I mean (not saying he can't be).

Ah, I got ya. Yeah, he's not one of our main weapons by any means, but he is dangerous. He makes good plays out of his limited touches, but like I said he's the backup behind Lynch. If all goes to plan he'll be there to step up when Lynch is ready to pass the torch.

Can someone delete Bware's post? That is beyond ridiculous and probably one of the dumbest statements I've EVER seen on this site.

Really??? Seattle has a better offense around their QB than the Patriots do? Get a fucking clue.

Anyway, I'd have to say the ROTY comes between RGIII and Russell Wilson...and Wilson should have the edge. Yeah, he has Marshawn Lynch, but he has also gotten better each game and knocked off SIGNIFICANT foes on his way there. This is essentially the same team as last year in Seattle, except replace T-Jax with Russell...so don't go and trying to say that Russell isn't anything special.

New England has the better offensive players. They have the better offense. But I do think Seattle gets underplayed some. They need to get better on the road, but they have arguably been the best offense over the last 3 weeks or so.

The best offense. The best players. The best team. Doesn't always win the Super Bowl.

The Hawks are hot, and that is what counts. If they can take that momentum onto the road, they could get very very far.

56164_o.gif

Please also consider forever disconnecting yourself from TGP, Bware.

• Upvote 1

Are you guys really taking my preferred arsenal as my opinion of which is better? No. Not at all. I just don't think New England's arsenal is better than Seattle's when New England is without Gronk. Seattle's is plenty good and fits my personal preference.

Also, Lynch or Ridley and Woodhead come playoff time? That's a no brainer.

Rice or Lloyd? Considering how absent Lloyd has been all season, I'll take Rice as long as he's healthy.

I still maintain that New England has made Wes Welker. I doubt he finds these headlines had he gone anywhere else.

Gronk and Hernandez are what make New England's offense special (aside from Brady, but we're talking about a QB's weapons).

• Downvote 3

Oh Phil, I love how you neg anybody who thinks your team or team's players is overrated. I forgot that I can't express my opinions in front of some of you on this site.

When your team misses out on the Super Bowl again (I think they lose their first playoff game, actually), I'll be right back here with these same claims.

• Downvote 2

Are you guys really taking my preferred arsenal as my opinion of which is better? No. Not at all. I just don't think New England's arsenal is better than Seattle's when New England is without Gronk. Seattle's is plenty good and fits my personal preference.

Rice or Lloyd? Considering how absent Lloyd has been all season, I'll take Rice as long as he's healthy.

I still maintain that New England has made Wes Welker. I doubt he finds these headlines had he gone anywhere else.

Gronk and Hernandez are what make New England's offense special (aside from Brady, but we're talking about a QB's weapons).

Like Mathias once said, you just say all this shit for shock value. Stop.

Oh Phil, I love how you neg anybody who thinks your team or team's players is overrated. I forgot that I can't express my opinions in front of some of you on this site.

I don't have a problem with people making a legitimate debate. You're just talking out of your ass.

When your team misses out on the Super Bowl again (I think they lose their first playoff game, actually), I'll be right back here with these same claims.

Again? Didn't they just make the SB last year? And oh right, I forgot that any team with a good offense that doesn't make the SB, are obviously a group of shitty stat padding losers.

2228474288_tumblr_lcyuywnYml1qdr9hr_xlarge.png

25151699.jpg

I am all for your opinion but think about what you just said all the way through.

Lloyd has more yards than Rice.

welker by himself has only 100 yards less than Rice and Tate.

Welker and Lloyd have more together than Seattles top 4 receivers.... :facepalm:

• Upvote 2

25151699.jpg

I am all for your opinion but think about what you just said all the way through.

Lloyd has more yards than Rice.

welker by himself has only 100 yards less than Rice and Tate.

Welker and Lloyd have more together than Seattles top 4 receivers.... :facepalm:

With Tom Brady at quarterback and an offense that isn't built around running the ball.

• Downvote 3

With Tom Brady at quarterback and an offense that isn't built around running the ball.

apples-and-oranges.jpg

• Upvote 1

Uh, Pats are ranked 8th in rushing this season. Ridley has nearly 300 carries, as well.

Try again, Bware.

• Upvote 1

You people really think Welker, Hernandez, Ridley, and Woodhead are as dangerous in other places? I'll give NE Gronk and Lloyd, but that's about it. The other four are just as likely to go somewhere else and disappear.

Tom Brady makes so many players it's not even funny. Without Tom Brady, who is Deion Branch, who is post Minnesota Randy Moss? Who the hell is Troy Brown? I'm not saying these players suck, but they aren't about to go somewhere else and beast unless they get another one one of top 2-3 QBs in the league.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Downvote 1

Oh so then explain to me how Lynch has only 300 yards, .6 more YPC and a touchdown more than Ridley.

The production just does not add up. Given the amount that Seattle focuses on running the ball as you pointed out hsould it not be more skewed then that. Especially considering that Two receivers for NE out produce the top 4 for Seattle.

And even if we were to take your argument at face value than it is still dumb because you are saying 300 yards rushing and a TD makes up for over 1000 + yards receiving from the 3 top guys in NE to the top 4 in SEA.

Man I hate the pats as much as or more than anybody but when you bash them at least try to make it fesible

You people really think Welker, Hernandez, Ridley, and Woodhead are as dangerous in other places? I'll give NE Gronk and Lloyd, but that's about it. The other four are just as likely to go somewhere else and disappear.

Tom Brady makes so many players it's not even funny. Without Tom Brady, who is Deion Branch, who is post Minnesota Randy Moss? Who the hell is Troy Brown? I'm not saying these players suck, but they aren't about to go somewhere else and beast unless they get another one one of top 2-3 QBs in the league.

181dfe2boprahwow.gif