Bay

Richard Sherman says Russell Wilson is better than Luck and RG3

You people really think Welker, Hernandez, Ridley, and Woodhead are as dangerous in other places? I'll give NE Gronk and Lloyd, but that's about it. The other four are just as likely to go somewhere else and disappear.

Tom Brady makes so many players it's not even funny. Without Tom Brady, who is Deion Branch, who is post Minnesota Randy Moss? Who the hell is Troy Brown? I'm not saying these players suck, but they aren't about to go somewhere else and beast unless they get another one one of top 2-3 QBs in the league.

He really does not. That is why Welker has so many catches over the years because he is the only stable target that Brady has had at the WR position since Randy. Their is a long list of epic fails that have cam to NE as stars and just could not get there so that is not true in the slightest.

Anyway, I'd have to say the ROTY comes between RGIII and Russell Wilson...and Wilson should have the edge. Yeah, he has Marshawn Lynch, but he has also gotten better each game and knocked off SIGNIFICANT foes on his way there. This is essentially the same team as last year in Seattle, except replace T-Jax with Russell...so don't go and trying to say that Russell isn't anything special.

Considering how horribly you hop on the RG3 bandwagon and slobber over his cock, I expected you to come in here proclaiming him MVP, OPOY, and OROY. I'm proud of you, Charlie.

And Bware, you know I like you and I respect your opinion, but C'MON MAN. Just leave this thread now and save whatever face is left.

It goes RG3>Wilson>Luck.

Luck has an awful completion rating, heck the past 3 games he hasn't gotten above the 50% mark. This guy is like Blaine Gabbert accuracy wise right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It goes RG3>Wilson>Luck.

Luck has an awful completion rating, heck the past 3 games he hasn't gotten above the 50% mark. This guy is like Blaine Gabbert accuracy wise right now.

Yeah and he played a good chiefs defense, a good texans defense, and a stout texans secondary..... stop hating that is ridiculous.

Which one of those cats has 600 attempts....yeah.....

Gabbert had 4% less and 2000 less yards...not a good comparison

Edited by Ngata_Chance
  • Downvote 1

Yeah and he played a good chiefs defense, a good texans defense, and a stout texans secondary..... stop hating that is ridiculous.

Ngata, tell me you did not just call the Chiefs defense good. The Chiefs are a joke, and while Luck was strugglign to beat the worst team in the league Wilson was giving the best defense in the league fits all game. Luck is not even close to RotY. End of story.

The same Texans secondary that ranks in the bottom half of the league. Luck has beaten 1 good team all year. He got the shit kicked outta him against the Patriots and was pick city that game. Open your eyes, Wilson and RG3 are better.

The same Texans secondary that ranks in the bottom half of the league. Luck has beaten 1 good team all year. He got the shit kicked outta him against the Patriots and was pick city that game. Open your eyes, Wilson and RG3 are better.

Dude open YOUR eyes. JJ has been injured most of the year who is their best corner and was dealing with injuries and starting getting healthy right around the time Mr. Luck came to town.

Second his starting RT is Jeff Linkenback.....against JJ Watt.... yeah. It is amazing that he didnt complete half of them.

That is the problem with stats is they dont give you situations just numbers.

Luck is the better QB, this year he has had more on his shoulders than any other QB in recent memory, probably since Peyton. Whom he is outperforming as far as rookie seasons go for the record. Without somebody like Marvin Harrison.... just throwing that out there.

People hate on this guy because he is making mistakes but when Wilson and RG3 have to push the ball downfield and throw 600 times in a season than yeah we can talk about how pretty it looks.

Then lets not forget that both of those guys are having offenses tailored to them ie. the pistol. Luck is runnign a pro style offense that resembles something that a franchise pocket passer is going to run in this league.

In ten Years when RG3 cant stay of IR and Wilson hits his ceiling next year we should make sure to revisit this.

Ngata, tell me you did not just call the Chiefs defense good. The Chiefs are a joke, and while Luck was strugglign to beat the worst team in the league Wilson was giving the best defense in the league fits all game. Luck is not even close to RotY. End of story.

Because KC defense is good. despite how fucking awful that offense is and how many turnovers and three and outs they get. The Chiefs D is still ranked 15. dont be faulted for just looking at their and assuming.

LOL, you statistical warriors never cease to amaze me.

If you dont think the KC D is any good, you should click off the NFL.com state page, close out the wikipedia window and watch the games. THe KC chiefs D would be a top 10 defense if they were not on the field for over 50 minutes in the game. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Dude open YOUR eyes. JJ has been injured most of the year who is their best corner and was dealing with injuries and starting getting healthy right around the time Mr. Luck came to town.

Second his starting RT is Jeff Linkenback.....against JJ Watt.... yeah. It is amazing that he didnt complete half of them.

That is the problem with stats is they dont give you situations just numbers.

Luck is the better QB, this year he has had more on his shoulders than any other QB in recent memory, probably since Peyton. Whom he is outperforming as far as rookie seasons go for the record. Without somebody like Marvin Harrison.... just throwing that out there.

People hate on this guy because he is making mistakes but when Wilson and RG3 have to push the ball downfield and throw 600 times in a season than yeah we can talk about how pretty it looks.

Then lets not forget that both of those guys are having offenses tailored to them ie. the pistol. Luck is runnign a pro style offense that resembles something that a franchise pocket passer is going to run in this league.

In ten Years when RG3 cant stay of IR and Wilson hits his ceiling next year we should make sure to revisit this.

Yes, because the number of times he throws excuses EVERY mistake he makes. It excuses the fact that he's puttign up these terrible performances against garbage teams and then barely managing to slavage his own messes. Andrew Luck is the BEST QB EVER and those two shmucks who are actually PLAYING like top QBs and will actually DO somehting in the playoffs are pretenders that won't go anywhere.

You need to take off your fanboy goggles sir. Andrew Luck isn't even remotely near the best rookie QB. His team isn't anywhere near as bad as you pretend, nor his Luck beign asked ot do 'so much more' than anyone else. He's being asked to throw more times. That hardly means his offense is more complex. Luck is being asked to do ONE thing. Throw the damn ball well, and he can't even do that right. Wilson is beign asked to do everything a QB can be asked to do. Throw, run, option, play-action, screens, you name it, and he does it all like a veteran. Wilson spends every waking moment watching film and planning for the next game. He's always meetign with the rest of the team and the coaches and making suggestions. He does everything he can to ensure we play our best every week. He's a student of the game and he's not going to hit a wall.

You need to get over this denial you're suffering. You've fooled yourself into believing the bogus hype surrounding an above average first round Qb. That's all he is right now,. Above average, not great. Certainly not the best of the class.

Considering how horribly you hop on the RG3 bandwagon and slobber over his cock, I expected you to come in here proclaiming him MVP, OPOY, and OROY. I'm proud of you, Charlie.

:nope:

Yes, because the number of times he throws excuses EVERY mistake he makes. It excuses the fact that he's puttign up these terrible performances against garbage teams and then barely managing to slavage his own messes. Andrew Luck is the BEST QB EVER and those two shmucks who are actually PLAYING like top QBs and will actually DO somehting in the playoffs are pretenders that won't go anywhere.

You need to take off your fanboy goggles sir. Andrew Luck isn't even remotely near the best rookie QB. His team isn't anywhere near as bad as you pretend, nor his Luck beign asked ot do 'so much more' than anyone else. He's being asked to throw more times. That hardly means his offense is more complex. Luck is being asked to do ONE thing. Throw the damn ball well, and he can't even do that right. Wilson is beign asked to do everything a QB can be asked to do. Throw, run, option, play-action, screens, you name it, and he does it all like a veteran. Wilson spends every waking moment watching film and planning for the next game. He's always meetign with the rest of the team and the coaches and making suggestions. He does everything he can to ensure we play our best every week. He's a student of the game and he's not going to hit a wall.

You need to get over this denial you're suffering. You've fooled yourself into believing the bogus hype surrounding an above average first round Qb. That's all he is right now,. Above average, not great. Certainly not the best of the class.

Haha yeah they never tailored the skins O specifically for RG3.... wow. You are the one who is believeing the hype "sir"

I am surprised people can type so much stuff about RG3 with dickslobber making the key board slippery.

Haha yeah they never tailored the skins O specifically for RG3.... wow. You are the one who is believeing the hype "sir"

I am surprised people can type so much stuff about RG3 with dickslobber making the key board slippery.

RG3? Where did I talk about RG3 in that post? You can't even insult me without looking stupid. Just admit you're wrong while you still have some dignity left.

This is like Peyton and Cam. One had the more impressive season which one would you rather have long term ??

I swear some of you are so fickle you will just hype on whichever wagon is coming by. First it was all about the greatness of RG3 and him just being the greatest rookie ever. Now it is Russel Wilson, Next Week it will be Foles, the Week after it will be Tannehill and so on.

And yeah not even throwing that well he just set the rookie passing record... :rolleyes:

You are the one who has your fanboy goggles on. I have no stake in this whatsoever because all of mean about as much to me as a chunk of sasquatch shit. You are the one who ois so caught up in your team and QB's hype that nothing else matters.

And you said it just right the other two schmucks...that is your subconscious admitting defeat.... :biggrin:

I'm not sure if he's better than RG3. I can put him right up there with RG3 though. Luck is extremely good, I think he just tries to force things a little too much, too often. He'll get better with that though.

RG3? Where did I talk about RG3 in that post? You can't even insult me without looking stupid. Just admit you're wrong while you still have some dignity left.

Go fuck yourself.... How was that for dignity.

And when you were talking about how the offenses were more complex it could be contrued as you say that the offenses were in fact not tailored to RG3. Or do you not know what the term insinuation means. Andrew Luck is being asked to do things that the other two are not.

how about you just stick to being a fan boy and leave the adult football talk to the grownups because you clearly have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

Go fuck yourself.... How was that for dignity.

And when you were talking about how the offenses were more complex it could be contrued as you say that the offenses were in fact not tailored to RG3. Or do you not know what the term insinuation means. Andrew Luck is being asked to do things that the other two are not.

how about you just stick to being a fan boy and leave the adult football talk to the grownups because you clearly have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

All Luck is being asked to do is not throw mutliple picks every game. Something he clearly can't figure out how to do. Yes he has managed to recover form most of his mistakes and has his team in the playoffs. The problem is he's STILL making those same mistakes. He hasn't learned. He hasn't improved. Meanwhile on the rare occasion Russel Wilson makes a mistake he learns from it and improves. As for the rookie yardage record, good for him. Yards don't matter. You know what does? Touchdown. Accuracy. Efficiency. He can throw for 500 yards a game but if he keeps turnign the ball over he's going to get eaten alive when he pays playoff teams. Wilson rarely tuns the ball over. He's accurate, and efficient. In fact he's 2 TDs away from breaking Manning's rookie TD record. Luck can throw all the yards in the world, but at the end of the day points are all that matters, and neither Luck or RG3 is scoring more of them than Wilson is. So let Luck make the playoffs with his 50% completion percentage and 1 for 1 td-int ratio. when he throws 3 picks against a playoff opponent therew won't be a miracle comeback. He'll find himself one and done while Wilson is pushing for the Superbowl.

I'm no bandwagoner. I haven't been pushing Wilson for RotY until very recently. i like many was looking at the stats objectively and admitting RG3 probably will take it. That is until wilson caught fire. so you can can yuor bullshit. The only fanboy here is you.

All Luck is being asked to do is not throw mutliple picks every game. Something he clearly can't figure out how to do. Yes he has managed to recover form most of his mistakes and has his team in the playoffs. The problem is he's STILL making those same mistakes. He hasn't learned. He hasn't improved. Meanwhile on the rare occasion Russel Wilson makes a mistake he learns from it and improves. As for the rookie yardage record, good for him. Yards don't matter. You know what does? Touchdown. Accuracy. Efficiency. He can throw for 500 yards a game but if he keeps turnign the ball over he's going to get eaten alive when he pays playoff teams. Wilson rarely tuns the ball over. He's accurate, and efficient. In fact he's 2 TDs away from breaking Manning's rookie TD record. Luck can throw all the yards in the world, but at the end of the day points are all that matters, and neither Luck or RG3 is scoring more of them than Wilson is. So let Luck make the playoffs with his 50% completion percentage and 1 for 1 td-int ratio. when he throws 3 picks against a playoff opponent therew won't be a miracle comeback. He'll find himself one and done while Wilson is pushing for the Superbowl.

I'm no bandwagoner. I haven't been pushing Wilson for RotY until very recently. i like many was looking at the stats objectively and admitting RG3 probably will take it. That is until wilson caught fire. so you can can yuor bullshit. The only fanboy here is you.

So in your world where it does not matter how many attempts just how efficient you are I am going to saay it is safe to assume Alex smith is better than Tom Brady...Good to know. Fucking fanboys I tell ya.

Russel Wilson also has a running game a OL and a top 5 D and overall just a much better team. I also liked how you assume luck will be one and done but wilson will make the superbowl lolz. Just jayrus being jayrus.

Andrew Luck doesn't even resemble a rookie out there. He has more comebacks this season, as a rookie, than most great QBs average in a single year. He looks nothing like a rookie except for his interceptions. RG3 has taken the league by storm for two reasons: lack of turnovers and...two words: Gimmick Offense. Over the offseason, teams will figure out how to stop this pistol formation/option conglomerate and RG3 will have to play in a more traditional offense. The Wildcat worked for a year. Tebow's offense would have struggled after an offseason if he was still in Denver. The only reason they might have still been effective is because of Tebow's bruising running as a QB. Teams will figure out how to stop, or at least neutralize, RG3 and Morris by next year. Wilson, playing in a more traditional offense, gets better by the week. He looks less and less like a rookie, and right now, you can't say too much against him.

Overall impact? They rank RG3, Luck, Wilson

Moving forward? They rank Wilson, Luck, RG3

Let me clarify. RG3 plays in a gimmick offense, and after an offseason of teams scheming against it, it will not be nearly as effective. At some point, Shanahan will have to run a traditional offense with RG3, and we just don't know how effective he'll be. I still expect him to be good, but it will not be as easy as this year has been.

Luck has nothing for a defense, nothing at running back, an older but still pretty damn good Reggie Wayne, and a collection of draft picks and cast offs at WR/TE that he is making use of ala Peyton. You take away the interceptions, and he doesn't even look like a rookie on the field, IMO. The only complaint I have against Andrew Luck? It's not even related to football, but the dude has the worst gomer voice I've ever heard in my life. Sounds like a such a goon.

Wilson has the best team surrounding him right now. If Seattle can maintain this essential nucleus while supplying more aerial weapons for their young QB, this can be the makings of a potential dynasty. It is scary how young and how good this team already is. I'm not saying they're going to win multiple Super Bowls like the Cowboys of the early 90s and the Pats of the early millenium, but this team, barring major injury to Wilson and to multiple secondary pieces, is going to be one ass-kicking juggernaut of a team for the years to come. Moving forward--Russell Wilson, as skilled as both Luck and RG3, has the best chance to be the very best of 3. He has the best pieces. Statistically, he could very easily end up better than both Luck and RG3.

I think if you interchange any of the 3 QBs and put them in Seattle, you'd make the same comment. Seattle is built from the ground up, and that's why Russell Wilson may be the best of the 3, in the end.

Wow. The amount of ignorance in this thread is almost unbearable. Not even I'm as big of a critic on Luck as some of you guys, and I've been saying since the first 3-4 weeks that he shouldn't win it and that as far as #s go he isn't #1 or #2. Seahawks fans, its good to see Russell Wilson playing well and all, but... Jeez... Slow down. lmao.

The number of times he throws the ball doesn't excuse all the mistakes he makes, no not entirely. But it does show how much more he has to do. And when put into context You ask any rookie, regardless of skill level to throw the ball consistently over 30+ 40+ times a game and he's going to make mistakes. Especially when that rookie QB is throwing primarily to rookie players.

If you think Wilson has as much pressure to play well as Luck does, you are trying too hard. Luck may have some stinkers, but Wilson's efficiency would dip like no other if he was in Luck's situation.

Above average? Really? He's had an above average season for a QB in the league nobody will argue that. Its been even awful to some extent. Yea, but in no way does that make him above average, and in no way does that make his season above average when you consider that he's a rookie, and you consider his circumstances, its a GREAT season for a rookie.

Andrew Luck is essentially being asked to do the complete opposite of what he's been asked to do his entire career. You are over-complicating something without even realizing it and it shows how little you know about what you are arguing.

You consistently decide to push this agenda that Wilson is beating up on all these playoff teams while Luck is struggling to beat weaker opponents completely disregards the fact that Wilson has a playoff team around him, whereas Luck has one that, outside of added pieces on offense, is a team that almost lost every game on their schedule the previous season.

Wilson does not have the responsibilities that Luck has, and if he did, he'd fail. Especially playing with that offensive line, and that offensive system.

Probably will take it? Should take it. Going by your standards, looking at just the numbers, objectively, without putting them into any context, it's RGIII by FAR. In other words, not even close. Even with Russell Wilson's late surge.

And cut it out with the extra stuff. This applies to everyone who's posted on this thread. I don't care if this site is laid back and has no language filter. The personal shots, etc, are unnecessary, and aren't productive at all. If you can't argue without taking shots at each other, see yourself out, or i'll gladly kick you out.

• Upvote 1

The idea that RGIII plays in a gimmick offense needs to be dispelled.

The WCO is not a gimmick offense. The spread option is an extremely small part of the offense, that has succeeded because of RGII's talent as a runner. While that aspect of the offense is a gimmick, its not the entire offense.

• Upvote 1

The idea that RGIII plays in a gimmick offense needs to be dispelled.

The WCO is not a gimmick offense. The spread option is an extremely small part of the offense, that has succeeded because of RGII's talent as a runner. While that aspect of the offense is a gimmick, its not the entire offense.

The combination of a pistol formation and an option offense? That is most definitely a gimmick by today's NFL standards. Teams will figure it out soon.