Vin

Eagles @ Bucs

After a pair of losses, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have slid back to the edge of the playoff race.

The Buccaneers should have a good a chance to improve their position on Sunday when they host the reeling Philadelphia Eagles, who are in the middle of their worst losing streak since 1968.

Despite dropping back-to-back games, Tampa Bay (6-6) is still just a game behind Seattle's for the NFC's final wild-card spot.

"This team is going to fight," coach Greg Schiano said.

The running game has been a big part of the Bucs' success this season, but they only ran for 71 yards in Sunday's 31-23 loss at Denver. Rookie Doug Martin was held to 56 yards on 18 carries after having just 50 on 21 in a 24-23 loss to Atlanta on Nov. 25.

The Bucs are 5-0 when they run for 130 yards or more and 1-6 when they fail to reach that mark.

"That is every offense's dream, to have the best of both worlds," said tight end Dallas Clark, who caught an 11-yard TD pass against the Broncos. "You really put yourself against the wall when you can't get that part of the game going."

Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman also looks to bounce back after throwing an interception that Denver's Von Miller returned for a touchdown to put Tampa Bay in a 28-10 hole in the third quarter.

Freeman completed just 18 of 39 passes for his second-lowest completion percentage (46.2) of the season. Despite the pick in Denver, he ranks sixth in the NFL in touchdown-to-interception ratio (2.88) and hadn't thrown an interception in five of his previous six games.

Freeman has been particularly good in Tampa. He's averaging 9.12 yards per attempt with 10 TDs and two INTs, good for a 105.5 passer rating that's the NFL's third-best at home.

There's an excellent chance Freeman will again play well at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday. The Eagles have allowed opposing quarterbacks to complete 76.3 percent of their passes for nearly 10 yards an attempt in their previous six games, yielding 16 touchdowns without an interception for an astounding 142.4 rating.

Philadelphia (3-9) has given up 30 points or more in five of those contests after losing its eighth straight, 38-33 at Dallas on Sunday night.

With the Eagles also second-to-last in the NFC with 20 sacks, coach Andy Reid decided to make yet another change by firing defensive line coach Jim Washburn and bringing back Tommy Brasher for his third stint with the team.

"He's all about the team," Reid said of Brasher.

The Eagles, however, have at least received a bit of a spark from some of their new faces on offense.

Quarterback Nick Foles completed 22 of 34 passes for 251 yards and a touchdown against the Cowboys, leading Reid to name him the starter even if Michael Vick can return from a concussion that's kept him out the past three games.

Foles has thrown for 793 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions and has a passer rating of 73.3.

"No. 1, I just think he's playing well enough to where I think he can win football games for us," Reid said. "And No. 2, I think where we sit at this position in the season, I think it's the right thing to do."

Fellow rookie Bryce Brown rushed for 169 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries against Dallas while stepping in for starter LeSean McCoy, also out with a concussion. Brown ran for 178 yards and two scores a week earlier against Carolina.

His performance against the Cowboys was somewhat marred by his fumble with less than four minutes left - his third in two weeks - that the Cowboys' Morris Claiborne picked up and returned 50 yards for a touchdown.

Still, the Eagles, who rank second in the league in turnovers (28), took a step in the right direction with only one on Sunday night while also only committing one penalty.

"Their preparation, they're working their tail off to get better," Reid said. "That's an important thing at this point."

Philadelphia and Tampa Bay will meet for the first time since Oct. 11, 2009, a 33-14 Eagles victory as Jeremy Maclin caught six passes for 142 yards and two TDs.

Copyright 2012 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press.

Can't imagine the Bucs losing this game. The Eagles are on a long losing streak and we should be amped up after losing our last 2 games and the Bucs are honoring the 2002 Superbowl team at this game. Hopefully we kill the Eagles and continue their misery. :yep:

Tampa's definitely going to come out firing here as they have plenty to play for.

:Bucs: 33

:Eagles: 20

Josh Freeman is going to do big things against our secondary. However, if last week wasn't an aberration, Nick Foles can do big things against Tampa's secondary. Ultimately, though, the Bucs are the superior football team in a playoff hunt. They really should win this one.

I'd like to see the Bucs win it, but the Eagles have to win eventually right?

:Eagles: 24

:Bucs: 30

:Eagles: 20

:Bucs: 31

I kinda see the Bucs winning this one. Our defense hasn't shown up at all since Todd Bowles became our defensive coordinator. Foles has shown nice development so far and hopefully can continue that against a VERY suspect Bucs secondary.

Match ups:

I think Doug Martin is going to shred our defense.

I'd like to see Nnamdi on Vincent Jackson all game. DRC has been playing horrible.

I'd like to see a hot but FUMBLING Bryce Brown against the best run D in the league. Not sure he wins this match up but it's a great challenge for the youngster.

A developing Foles against a suspect Bucs secondary.

Still going to ride with my Eagles on this one. It would be a GREAT win if we pulled it out beating the Bucs @ home during their reunion of players celebrating their 10 year anniversary from their 2002 Superbowl.

:Eagles: 27

:Bucs: 24

Edited by dutchff7

We should focus on stopping the run like we have all year and force Foles to beat us. Sure, he'll have some success, but even though our secondary blows, they can get turnovers so I think we'll at least get 1 or 2 picks.

Eagles declared S Kurt Coleman (ribs) inactive for Sunday's Week 14 game against the Bucs.

Coleman, a human coverage bust this season, was in danger of getting benched even before his injury. He'll be replaced by special teams ace Colt Anderson. The matchup won't get much better for Josh Freeman, Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams.

The rest of the Eagles' inactives: QB Michael Vick, RB LeSean McCoy, RB Chris Polk, DT Mike Patterson, WR Greg Salas and OT Matt Kopa.

Bucs declared DT Roy Miller (head) inactive for Sunday's Week 14 game against the Eagles.

The Bucs will be forced to roll with some combination of Gary Gibson and Corey Irvin to fill Miller's sizable shoes. It's excellent news for Bryce Brown as Miller is a key piece of the Bucs' No. 1 run defense.

The rest of the Bucs' inactives: CB LeQuan Lewis, RB Michael Smith, LB Najee Goode, WR David Douglas, WR David Gilreath and DT Matthew Masifilo.

Eagles declared S Kurt Coleman (ribs) inactive for Sunday's Week 14 game against the Bucs.

3021boi.jpg

• Upvote 2

Nate Allen is the other safety.

3021boi.jpg

:rofl::lol:

LMFAO

I almost spit my drink out my nose after seeing this. +1

Definitely more of an offensive struggle than a defensive battle so far. Both defenses doing a good job of containing the opposing running backs, and neither quarterback can do anything.

Yep, both D's are playing surprisingly well right now. Dissapointed in the Bucs offense. It's still early, but I'm expecting a big game from them.

SICK one handed catch by Avant. We will see that on the highlight reel this week. GREAT PASS by Foles under pressure from the jail break and even BETTER CATCH by Avant on 3rd and 17.

Yea, that was crazy. I thought Foles was just throwing to the sidelines and then Avant made that crazy catch.

Our D is playing great, getting a lot of pressure on Foles, but our offense needs to wake the fuck up. Receivers aren't getting open and the line is struggling.

I am LOVING how we've played in the 1st half.

Offense:

We were struggled to get anything going in the 1st quarter. Bucs defense shut us down in the run game and got a lot of pressure/hits/sacks when we passed the ball. I liked that Marty made the necessary adjustments to put our offense in a position to try and succeed against the opposing defense. That's something that our coaching staff as failed HORRIBLY at this season. Playing SITUATIONAL football. Take what the opposing team is giving you. Foles has shown good pocket awareness, mobility, the ability to make the throw on the run and with pressure in his face. Great 3 and 17 conversion to Avant making an AMAZING catch (Brandon Lloyd type shit) and another long bomb to Avant. Loved how Foles orchestrated that 2 min drive; 5/5 63 yards (i believe) and a TD.

Defense:

Our defense has been more disappointing in then our offense lately but I am LOVING how we are playing right now. Shutting down the run and playing physical and hard. Our Corners are doing a good job in coverage and DRC is making great and hard hitting tackles in the open field! We are also getting sacks (OMG WHAT'S THAT??!?) and hitting home with our blitzes.

Not a bad end to the 1st half. Now we have to hope that the 2002 Bucs squad don't give an amazing speech at half time to spur the Bucs to come out and dominate in the 2nd half lol.