Sign in to follow this  
AL_Royalty

Rumor Mill: Nick Saban to the Browns???

I wouldn't mind Saban and I certainly wouldn't call his first go around in the NFL a total failure. At the same time, I don't see why he would leave Alabama, he has it made there. He can recruit almost anyone he wants and his team is outstanding.

Per Rotoworld.com:

CBS' Mike Freeman reports Nick Saban has been telling NFL teams he's staying at Alabama in "no uncertain terms."

The former Dolphins head coach has been the subject of heavy speculation in recent weeks, particularly in Cleveland. Perhaps Saban is just doing his best to prevent the Alabama faithful from going into convulsions ahead of Monday's national championship game, but there's far more evidence to suggest he's more serious about staying in college than leaving. Looking back on his two years in Miami will tell you that's probably a good thing. Jan 1 - 9:47 PM

Source: CBSSports.com

Per Rotoworld.com:

didn't he also say he would stay in Miami in no uncertain terms a few years ago? not saying he'll leave, I've already said he has no reason to want to leave Bama, but at this point can anyone really trust him when he says he isn't leaving a team?

didn't he also say he would stay in Miami in no uncertain terms a few years ago? not saying he'll leave, I've already said he has no reason to want to leave Bama, but at this point can anyone really trust him when he says he isn't leaving a team?

At least he did not Petrino that shit.

Being the Browns head coach < being the head coach of Alabama

Even if it means coaching college instead of the NFL. It's the same thing with Bill O'Brien, why would you want to leave Penn State for some horrible NFL organization?

• Downvote 1

What does me being a Jets fan have to do with the Browns being a terrible organization?

Being the Browns head coach < being the head coach of Alabama

Even if it means coaching college instead of the NFL. It's the same thing with Bill O'Brien, why would you want to leave Penn State for some horrible NFL organization?

I'm gonna start out by saying there is absolutely no way Saban leaves Alabama for the pros at any team. Why should he. I don't know his political views but Saban could be the most liberal guy out there run for governor and win in Alabama. Makes no sense for him to go anywhere.

Anyways, out of all the coaching vacancies our roster is up there. The defense is just a few pieces away from being dominant. A couple linebackers, a CB and FS. The offensive line is right up there with the best of em. Maybe another guard for depth.

Trent Richardson could be a great back. My only concern is his knees. We need a coach to come in and give us some idea of what the hell we need to do on the offensive side of the ball. We do not score touchdowns it's as simple as that. If someone could come in and get us to do that I believe we'd be competing for the AFCN. And it takes a lot for me to say that...watching them for as long as I have.

All that said, if I'm one of those guys looking for another gig the Browns are one of the, if not the most attractive spot to have a possibility to compete.

Edited by Barracuda

@GeorgeSchroeder:

Saban on NFL: "Somewhere along the line you've got to choose..I learned thru experience maybe this is where I belong"

EDIT:

Here's video of it...

BOOM!

Edited by BucD