Favre4Ever

Steven Jackson Will Consider Retirement

"If I have to write my story," Jackson said, "I'd rather go out like Barry Sanders and leaving people to want more than to leave too late.

Added Jackson: "I'll allow myself that time to sit back and reflect and think about things I've accomplished in my career and what I've done this season. And think about how much longer I want to play this game, as well. There's going to be a small window of opportunity, and I want to make sure I take full advantage of it."

Jackson, 29, has said for months that he wants to finish his career with the Rams. The Rams are on record as saying they're interested in re-signing him, but they also can turn to Isaiah Pead and Daryl Richardson.

We don't expect Jackson to retire. He's 10 yards shy of his eighth consecutive 1,000-yard season.

NFL.com

Doubt it happens, but ya never know. I sure hope he would come to Green Bay before retiring. I always trade for him in Madden. >_>

Damn, he's not done yet. Only made the playoffs once I think. That blows.

He would be the perfect veteran RB for the Pack to go out and get. He can still run the ball but more importantly he can help out in the passing game both as a receiver and a blocker. Things are starting to turn around in STL though to so who knows?

As the article claims, I really don't see the Rams wanting or even offering to bring him back. Daryl Richardson looks like Mini-Jax and could be quite good himself.

He's better off moving on, or.. Maybe just retiring.

It will be a sad day if he retires. I remember him taking some carries away from Marshall back in the day. one of the best players ever to play on a losing team for majority of his career.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

I don't like this.

Steven Jackson told NFL Network on Friday that "retirement is an option" for him this offseason if a team doesn't satisfy his contract demands.

He also contemplated retirement late in the 2012 season. Jackson is only 29, but pointed to Barry Sanders as a running back who retired at or near the top of his game instead of extending his career too long. Jackson is fully expected to decline his $7 million player option for 2013, terminating his contract. It's believed the Rams would still like him back. For fantasy purposes, it's notable that S-Jax said 2012 seventh-round pick Daryl Richardson is "learning well" as his potential heir apparent in St. Louis.

Source: NFL.com

I'd be surprised if St.Louis broke the bank for 29 year old Steven Jackson. It's a shame he wasn't on a better team the majority of his career.

SJax has been used and abused throughout his career. He only has a couple of good years left IMO. Wouldn't be surprised if he went out on top. Dude is still a straight up beast though, and a lot of teams would be happy to have him.

Sjax had a stellar career and would retire in a good light if he decided to go out now. He's always been tough ground and pound RB that imposed his will on defenses with his physicality and play making ability. I hope he does stay another year but only sign with a contending team that has a real chance in making a super bowl run' in a 2 back role. Packers seem like an ideal fit.