AL_Royalty

Andy Reid era to begin in KC

On a semi-related note, after watching the last episode of NFL Road Tested, Brad Childress is starting to look an awful lot like Andy Reid.

The Chiefs are not considering Brad Childress for offensive coordinator, but are expected to hire him as an offensive assistant.

Cleveland's offensive coordinator last season, Childress spent seven years as an Andy Reid assistant in Philadelphia, including three as coordinator. "Chilly" will likely be one of many former Reid confidants brought on in Kansas City.

Source: Adam Teicher on Twitter

NICE. That is definitely a good thing that he won't be the OC.

NICE. That is definitely a good thing that he won't be the OC.

Except they hired the great Dough Pederson instead. Whom was coaching HS football like 4 years ago. He was the Eagles Qb coach last year and Vick was awful. I don't see how this is a good move.

DOUG PEDERSONNNNNNNNNNNNN

DYNASTY

ped1802.jpg

Per Rotoworld.com:

Chiefs hired John Dorsey as general manager.

For the third straight offseason, the Packers are losing GM Ted Thompson's right-hand man after Reggie McKenzie took the Raiders' GM job in 2012 and John Schneider became Seattle's GM in 2011. Dorsey will enter a situation more like Schneider's, beginning as second fiddle to powerful coach Andy Reid with a role likely to increase as the years go on. Dorsey has spent 22 years in player personnel. He was Green Bay's Director of Football Operations in 2012. Jan 12 - 8:54 PM

It'll be interesting to see how this works out for Kansas City. In my opinion, Andy Reid's demise in Philly was due to his poor personnel decisions more than anything (except perhaps the passing of Jim Johnson). But, it's fair to say he just needed a change of scenery.

Hire announced during the playoff game. Kind of a scummy thing to do, but he is a talented evaluator of talent.

I wish him luck.

I'm just glad the Pioli era's over.

Me too. Nice to see you posting again stranger! :) Go :Chiefs:

When it came to building his staff of assistants, Chiefs coach Andy Reid went mostly with guys he knew. But for a most important hire, defensive coordinator, Reid went with a veteran coach he has never worked with.

Bob Sutton, 61, is the new defensive coordinator. Sutton was for nine seasons the head coach at Army, where he had a record of 44-55-1, and spent the last 13 seasons with the New York Jets, including three as defensive coordinator.

The Chiefs will probably continue to use the 3-4 system, though Sutton has also coached the 4-3.

Otherwise, six coaches hired by the Chiefs on Friday have ties to Reid from his 14 seasons as head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. Offensive coordinator Doug Pederson both played quarterback and coached for Reid with the Eagles. Running backs coach Eric Bieniemy, a former University of Colorado star rusher, played for Reid.

Matt Nagy (quarterbacks), David Culley (wide receivers), Tom Melvin (tight ends) and Tommy Brasher (defensive line) all coached in Philadelphia under Reid.

Other hires to Reid’s staff announced on Friday include head strength and conditioning coach Barry Rubin and assistant strength and conditioning coach Travis Crittenden, who both come over from Philadelphia.

Mike Frazier will be the Chiefs’ statistical analysis coordinator after nine years in that role with the Eagles.

And Corey Matthaei and Britt Reid, Andy’s son, will be the Chiefs’ quality control assistants. This will be the younger Reid’s first NFL job after three years on the Temple Owls’ staff.

The Chiefs have yet to announce coaches for special teams, offensive line, linebackers and defensive backs. George Warhop is a strong candidate to be the offensive line coach. Warhop, 51, has coached offensive line for five NFL teams, most recently Cleveland.

Two other possible Chiefs assistants have also worked with Reid: special teams coach Dave Toub and offensive assistant Brad Childress.

Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star

Reid is rounding out his staff. I'm liking the way this is shaping up. Next year's KC team is going to look completely different on the field, which is a GREAT thing. GO :Chiefs:

I can't wait to see what happens with Jamaal Charles.

:deadhorse: IMO

Charles will be luck to finish with 500 yards... Probably only gonna get like 3 touches a game. Get used to it John.

• Upvote 1

:deadhorse: IMO

Wonder how Reid will use Jamaal Charles

Coach Andy Reid confirmed he will call the offensive plays in 2013.

Offensive coordinator Doug Pederson will learn at the foot of Reid. Based on a 14-year history in Philadelphia, we can expect a pass-happy West Coast offense that gets players in space and uses running backs extensively in the passing game. Reid also has a history of using one back as a three-down workhorse, which is obviously more good news for the 2013 outlook of Jamaal Charles. Duce Staley, Brian Westbrook and LeSean McCoy became fantasy stars under Reid.

Source: Kansas City Star

Charles will probably see a lot of snaps, but he'll only get 10-12 carries per game. According to PFF's metrics he's a capable pass-blocker, so he'll be doing that a lot, though he grades out pretty mediocre in terms of being a receiver out of the backfield, something he needs to be under Andy Reid. Any Chiefs fans want to provide some insight on Charles' abilities in this area?

Charles will probably see a lot of snaps, but he'll only get 10-12 carries per game. According to PFF's metrics he's a capable pass-blocker, so he'll be doing that a lot, though he grades out pretty mediocre in terms of being a receiver out of the backfield, something he needs to be under Andy Reid. Any Chiefs fans want to provide some insight on Charles' abilities in this area?

In 2010, when he was actually utilized as a pass catcher from time to time instead of just being Brady Quinn's bail-out, he was lighting in a bottle. There were times when it seemed like every time he caught the ball he had ten yards before I could blink. Once he's actually in a scheme that can properly execute screens and what not, watch out. The kid is a special talent. He's pretty damn versatile.

Wonder how Reid will use Jamaal Charles

He'll probably just bring water to the huddle for Alex Smith... :troll:

lolz.

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 25, 2013, 4:01 PM EST

Longtime NFL cornerback Al Harris has a new job: The Chiefs have announced that Harris is their new secondary coach.

Harris played cornerback for new Chiefs head coach Andy Reid for four years in Philadelphia, and Reid obviously thinks Harris can teach younger players some things about the position.

Al’s playing experience over 15 years will bring a unique perspective for our players,” Reid said in a statement.

Harris was drafted by the Buccaneers in 1997 but was cut before ever playing in a regular-season game for Tampa Bay. He later played for the Eagles from 1998 to 2002, the Packers from 2003 to 2009, the Dolphins in 2010 and the Rams in 2011. He spent 2012 as a coaching intern for the Dolphins.

The Chiefs also announced that Mark DeLeone has been hired as a quality control coach and Brent Salazar has been hired as assistant strength & conditioning coach.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Al coaching up Brandon Flowers, schweet.

Oh nice hire...I think Al would make a pretty good DBs coach.

That's frickin awesome. The Chiefs keep giving me reasons to root for them.

Me too. Nice to see you posting again stranger! :) Go :Chiefs:

thanks Man.

not doing well myself and my Dad's been really sick for a while now.