AL_Royalty

Andy Reid era to begin in KC

I just got a text update from ESPN that reads...

Chiefs on verge of deal making Andy Reid their next head coach, league sources to ESPN

I feel like Chicken Little...

Here's a link to the article: Chiefs/Reid Link

Edited by B-isforBowe

I'll withhold my full thoughts until this is made official, but it makes sense assuming Scott Pioli gets the can upon Andy's hiring.

Alright, it looks like Andy will still interview with Arizona and San Diego. Once again this is just the media speculating/guessing instead of reporting. Reid still may end up in Kansas City, but it's not a done deal.

I'll withhold my full thoughts until this is made official, but it makes sense assuming Scott Pioli gets the can upon Andy's hiring.

Alright, it looks like Andy will still interview with Arizona and San Diego. Once again this is just the media speculating/guessing instead of reporting. Reid still may end up in Kansas City, but it's not a done deal.

Last I heard, they're just ironing out minor details. As for the Chargers or Arizona, he doesn't have any meetings with either team scheduled. He's focusing on getting a deal done in K.C.

If/when he signs, the next step will almost definitely be getting Pioli the fuck out of KC.

Just one hour after the team announced they parted ways with general manager Scott Pioli, NFL.com's Steve Wyche reports that the Chiefs reached agreement to make Andy Reid the team's next head coach, according to source with knowledge of contract. The contract is being reviewed.

Chiefs Chairman Clark Hunt took control of the interview process early and zeroed in on Reid at a time that many expected Reid to land with the Arizona Cardinals.

It's not hard to see why Kansas City was attractive to Reid. The team had five Pro Bowlers despite a two-win season. They play in a weak division with a strong fan base and an ownership with a history of respect in the league. Most importantly, they can offer Reid what they offered Pioli: Control.

Reid will be able to shape the organization in his image. He is expected to bring a general manager or personnel director that he's familiar with so they can work together in lockstep. But make no mistake: Reid will be in charge.

It's not surprising that Reid got a job quickly, even though you could argue he did less with more talent over the last few years than any head coach in the league. Reid looks like a coach that was in desperate need of a fresh start. He brings an entire organized way of doing things to Kansas City with him. You aren't just hiring Reid, but an entire philosophy.

That philosophy crumbled over the last few years in Philadelphia, but it worked well enough to make the playoffs nine times in 14 seasons. The Chiefs, who haven't won a playoff game since 1993, would be happy to find that level of success in Kansas City.

Hunt entrusted all facets of his organization to Pioli just four years ago. Now the Chiefs will do the same thing with Reid.

Gregg Rosenthal, NFL.com

Pioli and Crennel are gone. Score one for Clark Hunt. There's a reason for Chiefs fans to breathe a little easier right now. Two of the three New Year wishes have been fulfilled. Now it's Reid's turn to step up to the plate and tackle that last wish by getting Cassel out o' hurrr.

If I'm Jamaal Charles I would demand a trade lol

Told this to people in the shoutbox yesterday... The Chiefs have never used Charles a lot, regardless of of GM, head coach, or offensive inefficiencies... They have always failed to really utilize him.

He averages 12 carries in games that he plays. Twelve. And they don't really use him in the passing game at all. Haven't in his 5 years there or so.

We can say what we want about Reid under utilizing McCoy in Philly or not running the ball enough. But with Reid, he still go in more work and more touches every year then Charles has ever seen.

Sorry for the double, just saw this on my news feed on Facebook. :rofl:

537912_10152375059390234_814708280_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

Jamaal Charles is right about to travel on the trail of tears. +1 for anyone that gets that reference.

He averages 12 carries in games that he plays. Twelve. And they don't really use him in the passing game at all. Haven't in his 5 years there or so.

That's probably about what he'll get under Andy. He'll certainly be used frequently as a receiver, though.

Updating previous items, new Chiefs coach Andy Reid is reportedly telling people that he plans to bring both former Browns GM Tom Heckert and Packers director of football operations John Dorsey with him to Kansas City.

Reid will have final say over personnel decisions, but smartly plans to surround himself with skilled evaluators. Heckert's draft-pick resume in both Cleveland and Philadelphia impresses on paper, and Dorsey has learned from the best in Green Bay, working under GM Ted Thompson. We also expect Reid's coaching staff to be star-studded when it's announced. It's definitely going to have Juan Castillo coaching the offensive line, and may include Pat Shurmur.Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

More pilfering of our staff.... Booooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Andy Reid sucks.

EDIT: Although, the Jets want him too. And I would much rather him bolt for KC.

Edited by Favre4Ever

If I'm Jamaal Charles I would demand a trade lol

Yes, fuck Reid if he doesn't use one of the league's best backs to his fullest.

Yes, fuck Reid if he doesn't use one of the league's best backs to his fullest.

He's been neglecting guys like Brian Westbrook and LeSean McCoy for years, and he's always been stubborn. What makes anyone think things will be different now?

He's been neglecting guys like Brian Westbrook and LeSean McCoy for years, and he's always been stubborn. What makes anyone think things will be different now?

Touche Steven. I was being naive. Look at what Charles does with no passing game, gonna wait and see what their offense looks like first.

NFL Network's Albert Breer confirms Packers director of football operations John Dorsey is the "clear-cut favorite" to be Kansas City's next GM.

Ex-Browns GM Tom Heckert is "second on the list," although he will likely end up with the Chiefs in a lesser personnel-man role. Dorsey is Andy Reid's handpicked GM, similar to how the Seahawks hired Pete Carroll and John Schneider. Like Dorsey, Schneider was a right-hand man of Ted Thompson in Green Bay.

Source: Albert Breer

Ted Thompson is a popular guy to steal from. Fuck you guys.

I don't think Reid himself is a bad hire. But if he is going to take guys like Pat Shurmur, he is a moron. Shurmur runs one of the most vanilla and predictable offenses in the NFL.

There's no way that Reid will make the same mistake with Charles as he did with McCoy. It's a great hire IMO.

So now... Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson?

• Upvote 1

There's no way that Reid will make the same mistake with Charles as he did with McCoy. It's a great hire IMO.

So now... Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson?

I am not so sure it will be completely in his control (as far as Charles). It's weird, but like I have said... The Chiefs have NEVER had him tote the load. That's through numerous coaches. I am just wondering if it comes down from above not to run him into the ground.