ATL_Predator

Top 10 CB's list

Inspired by our very own, BayAreaBomber, I have decided to start with the defensive top players list...

First, list YOUR top ten CB's.

GO GO GO

Inspired by our very own, BayAreaBomber, I have decided to start with the defensive top players list...

First, list YOUR top ten CB's.

GO GO GO

Pretty sure I said make the CB list but here we go.

1. Darelle Revis- Until I've seen that he's declined any after his injury, he's still #1. The thought of what if he came back better similar to A.P... /shivers.

2. Richard Sherman

3. Charles Tillman

4. Ladarius Webb

5. Joe Haden

6. Antonio Cromartie

7. Jonathan Joseph

8. Patrick Peterson

9. Ike Taylor

10. Tim Jennings

Honorable Mention: Brandon Carr, Casey Hayward

Edited by dutchff7

Is Patrick Peterson really that good? I'm not sure about 5th best, but I don't know enough about corners to say for sure.

Where the fuck are Lardarius Webb and Ike Taylor? Seriously, bro.

Cro at 4? LOL

Fuck it, I'ma try.--All off the top of my head. Please don't flip if it's trbl.

1. Revis

2. Sherman

3. Tillman

4. Webb

5. Joseph

6. Jennings

7. Taylor

8. Haden

9. Carr

10. Flowers

Is Patrick Peterson really that good? I'm not sure about 5th best, but I don't know enough about corners to say for sure.

Cro at 4? LOL

If you're going to criticize him, at least make a list. This is easily the toughest position to rank right next to WR with all the talent.

Cro at 4? LOL

Shit, I forgot all about Ike Taylor. Gotta edit for him. Definitely a beast; a VERY underrated one. Antonio Cromartie also had a great year without Revis. He definitely was one of the bright spots and contributed alot why the Jets were #2 in pass defense.

Edit: Fuck, I forgot about Jonathan Joseph as well.. wtf lol

Edited by dutchff7

1. Revis

2. Sherman

3. Tillman

4. Haden

5. Joseph

6. Flowers

7. Taylor

8. Webb

9. Cromartie

10. Carr

• Upvote 1

If you're going to criticize him, at least make a list. This is easily the toughest position to rank right next to WR with all the talent.

Look at the post above you lol, but I'm assuming you were typing this as I was typing the list? I just hit submit first.

1. Derrelle Revis

2. Carlos Rodgers

3. Richard Sherman

4. Charles Tillman

5. Cortland Finnegan

6. Asante Samuel

7. Ike Taylor

8. Lardarius Webb

9. Antonio Cromartie

10. Brandon Flowers

Honorable mention: Joe Haden.

I'm extremely surprised at the complete lack of Carlos Rodgers on anyones list. He's had 2 great years in a row now, and gets no recognition from anyone still.

Edited by Chris D

I think Carr is better than Flowers, Chris D, and I don't think Carlos Rogers is top 10 CB. 2? Come on.

There are a lot of good corners in this league. Just because they don't crack the top 10 doesn't mean we don't realize it. There are borderline guys like Peterson, Rogers, Cromartie (in my case) Nnamdi, Webster, Winfield, Hall, Samuel, Browner, etc.

Corners 8-20 are probably extremely close.

I think Carr is better than Flowers, Chris D, and I don't think Carlos Rogers is top 10 CB. 2? Come on.

Isn't Brandon Carr playing safety for the Cowboys now? Or was that just one week?

Isn't Brandon Carr playing safety for the Cowboys now? Or was that just one week?

That was Mike Jenkins who played some safety, but it was rumored for Carr, too, though I don't think he ever did.

I loved Dallas' two starters this year. I was comfortable with either Carr or Claiborne covering whoever. It was Jenkins and Scandrick who needed work, something terrible.

That was Mike Jenkins who played some safety, but it was rumored for Carr, too, though I don't think he ever did.

I loved Dallas' two starters this year. I was comfortable with either Carr or Claiborne covering whoever. It was Jenkins and Scandrick who needed work, something terrible.

Rumored? You don't watch your team games?

It's ashame what 1 game can do to you. It's no doubt in my mind that Champ Bailey would have made someones list if it were not for that game yesterday lol.

1. Darrelle Revis

2. Lardarius Webb

3. Richard Sherman

4. Asante Samuel

5. Brandon Flowers

6. Tim Jennings

7. Antoine Winfield

8. Jonathan Joseph

9. Charles Tillman

10. Joe Haden

Just Missed:

11. Brandon Browner - Good player. Gonna be up there soon. Overshadowed by the guy on the other side though.

12. Champ - Regardless of his terrible performance against Baltimore (Thanks Chris...lol), he has played great even at the tender age of 97. He still has the talent and skill to play.

13. Brandon Carr - One phenomenal season (2011) surrounded by some good seasons. Good player. Talented. But not elite level.

14. Tarell Brown - Good, young player. Doesn't get the credit he deserves even on his own team. I've got your back bruh.

15. Casey Hayward - Put together one of the better seasons by any CB in recent memory... As a rookie. Needs more time though. Has to be able to sustain it. Only reason he isn't higher is because he is a rookie. Sucks to be held back, but you have to do it more than once.

Outside Looking In:

16. Ike Taylor - He was awesome last year.. But is that who he is all the time? I just.. don't see it.

17. Patrick Peterson - One good season. Still young, and it shows. Makes some nice plays, but gets beat far too often to be higher.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Revis

Sherman

Winfield

Webb

Tillman

Flowers

Bailey

Samuel

Rogers

Carr

Edited by seanbrock

2. Joe Haden

3. Richard Sherman

4. Charles Tillman

5. Cortland Finnegan

6. Asante Samuel

7. Ike Taylor

8. Lardarius Webb

9. Antonio Cromartie

10. Brandon Flowers

11. Antoine Winfield

Okay Okay. For the sake of Everyone knowing Revis is a stud, and for stopping the Carlos Rogers shenanigans.

1. Darrelle Revis

2. Charles Tillman

3. Richard Sherman

4. Joe Haden

5. Ladarius Webb

6. Carlos Rogers

7. Brandon Flowers

8. Tim Jennings

9. Antoine Winfield

10. Asante Samuel

Meh. I'm just putting my best list for top 10 corners in the game ATM..since that seems what the cool kids are doing in this thread anyway. >_>

Edited by Julio4Ever

It's ashame what 1 game can do to you. It's no doubt in my mind that Champ Bailey would have made someones list if it were not for that game yesterday lol.

Ike Taylor's reputation was ruined after they lose to Tebow and co. last season.

Ike Taylor's reputation was ruined after they lose to Tebow and co. last season.

True but he played a good season this year.

I am sorry... But if Sean is going to make a point for Antoine Winfield (all legit, btw). I have to take a stand for Asante Samuel. The guy might not have the greatest image... And there is a false perception of him, around this site at least, for "only" being a ball hawk, giving up big plays, and not tackling.

These may have been justifiable years ago. I won't argue.

But since oh god.. 2010 or so? He has been absolutely lock down. I remember having conversations with Eagle fans back then on his play. Something clicked. Something changed. He might have been good or decent before. But as he gets older, he has gotten better and better. The last 3 years... He's been one of the best, most shut down corners in the game.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1