Bay

NHL General thread

Nice. :laugh:

Shootouts may be a kinda dumb way to end games, but I think they're incredibly fun and exciting. Isn't that the point?

^ Well done.

What would you suggest replace the shootout than Steven? :shrug:

I think at the very least that the losing team shouldn't earn a point for losing either in Overtime or the Shootout. Why would you reward a team that fails to win the game, that makes no sense whatsoever.

My problem isn't teams losing and only getting one point because like you said they should win in regulation or overtime and get the two....but it's the teams getting two points for winning in the gimmick shootout. If we installed the three points for a regulation win I'd be more okay with it....but still hate it.

And as for the "exciting" factor (which personally I could care less for), don't you think if we added a 3 on 3 five minute overtime that would be just as, if not more, exciting than the shootout? Can you imagine the back and forth in that?

Edited by JetsFan4Life

I wouldn't hate 3 on 3 overtime, but some still would end in ties. And sports are meant to be entertainment. I'm much more entertained by having a game decided by a shootout than if it were to just be a tie.

How do you think a shootout isn't exciting? I don't think penalties are fair in soccer but they're definitely thrilling.

How do you think a shootout isn't exciting? I don't think penalties are fair in soccer but they're definitely thrilling.

I never said shootouts aren't exciting. I said I could care less about the excitement factor when determining what is or isn't fair to decide games with playoff implications.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

I never said shootouts aren't exciting. I said I could care less about the excitement factor when determining what is or isn't fair to decide games with playoff implications.

I'm sorry I must have missed where I quoted you.

^I'm definitely missing what's going on in that gif.

coach threw his earpiece over the glass and it landed in a guy's drink, here's a video which may be easier to tell what's going on:

Habs-Bruins was pretty great tonight. Habs went up 2-0 to start the game, Bruins led 5-3 with about 8 minutes left, Habs tied it with under 10 seconds left and won it in a SO.

201303281364438497175521.gif

• Upvote 1

Iginla a Bruin.... so weird

:(

What about the farewell

Edit: lol media

Edited by Bay

What about the farewell

Edit: lol media

Yeah, I hope they do a press conference in the morning or something! :yep:

I didn't expect us to grab him cause I thought it was completely unnecessary to get him. He's a great player,though and I hope keeps playing well in Pittsburgh.

• Upvote 1

Welp, Iginla to the Penguins.

As if they weren't the Eastern Conference favorites already...that team is loaded.

579430_10151578562097812_1794914991_n.jpg
  • Upvote 1

Even though I want Pittsburgh bounced as early as possible, a Penguins/Bruins ECF would be incredible.

• Upvote 2

Even though I want Pittsburgh bounced as early as possible, a Penguins/Bruins ECF would be incredible.

In this scenario, would you cheer for the Penguins or the Bruins to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals? :shrug:

In this scenario, would you cheer for the Penguins or the Bruins to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals? :shrug:

Bruins. As a Flyers fan, I can never in any circumstance root for the Penguins, Rangers, or Devils. I hope fans of those teams feel the same way about the Flyers. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Bruins. As a Flyers fan, I can never in any circumstance root for the Penguins, Rangers, or Devils. I hope fans of those teams feel the same way about the Flyers. :yep:

I think I can speak for Ricky, house, Mav, etc... when I say that the feeling is more than mutual. lol.

• Upvote 2

I think I can speak for Ricky, house, Mav, etc... when I say that the feeling is more than mutual. lol.

Exactly :yep:

Exactly :yep:

Your happy that the Penguins got Iginla in the trade though right? :shrug: