Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Super Bowl Monday as a national holiday

I couldn't quite convince myself this fit in the general football forum, but it's awesome and needs to be shared: https://petitions.wh...oliday/qPHHlyZV

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:Declare the Monday following the Super Bowl a national holiday.

In 2012, an estimated 111 million American citizens watched the Super Bowl, making it the most-viewed television broadcast in history and one of the largest location-independent gatherings of American people to date.

We at 4for4.com Fantasy Football petition the Obama Administration to consider declaring the Monday following Super Bowl Sunday a national holiday. By doing so, the Obama Administration can promote camaraderie among the American people, keep the streets safer for our children on Sunday night and Monday morning, promote a productive workplace when work resumes on Tuesday, and honor the most popular event in modern American culture.

Edited by oochymp

I'll sign it :rock: Although whos to stay all the work places will honor it?

I've said for years we should just get rid of presidents day and do this.

It's easily one of the biggest days of the year. How you classify it as a "holiday" is up to you, but it's justified in my opinion.

YES. Fat chance, but this would make the Super Bowl even more awesome if it happened.

Make it happen, cap'n!

stamp dat bitch

With someone who has nothing to gain from this, I too will sign it. Would be awesome if you guys got the holiday. Props to the guys who submitted this.

6tWaGSE.gif

This idea has been around for an eternity, hasn't it? The odds of it getting passed is microscopic, but worth the shot, I guess.