Sign in to follow this  
AL_Royalty

Alex Smith to KC rumors... >:O

I dunno. Referencing deals made by backups who didn't work out isn't going to make his value higher.

On the contrary. He can use the ol', "if that bum got that, then I must be worth this," tactic. The only way I could see him getting less is if he was going to a team that he thought would immediately contend. I'm sure that he knows his limitations, as do contending teams, so I'm not seeing that as a viable option. Besides; contending teams don't need a "game managing" QB. A bad team is going to have to overpay, especially given the state of this year's draft class and week free agent pool at the position. He's one of the best options out there this year, which makes me :(

Tell that to Crennel and Haley. Tyler Palko and Brady Quinn ringing any bells?

but with Alex Smith we can lose in style.(with a number one pick)

Edited by BoneKrusher

Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports the Chiefs "appear to be the most interested team" in Alex Smith, and are "unlikely" to use the No. 1 pick on a quarterback.

It's becoming clearer and clearer by the day that Geno Smith won't be drafted first overall. "Several" coaches and coordinators wouldn't be surprised if the entire first round passed without a quarterback selected. Cole also mentions the Cardinals as a potential Smith suitor, although they're trying to rework Kevin Kolb's deal at the moment. Smith is expected to cost no more than a fourth-round pick.

Man, Chiefs fans just can't catch a break. They call for Cassel to be booted. When it happens, they get Palko and Quinn. Then they call for Haley to be fired, and they get Crennel. Then they call for Pioli's and Crennel's heads, and they're replaced by an actually decent looking staff, on paper, who also want Cassel gone. So what's the drawback? They want to replace him with Alex Fucking Smith!!! It was bad enough when it was just speculation, but now speculation has turned to rumors, and often times in the NFL rumors become fact. I'd rather they draft a kid in the third round and give him a shot. If it doesn't work out, go big next season at QB. Instead, it's looking more and more like it's going to be Alex "Shit Sandwich" Smith. yay... :Suicide:

Man, Chiefs fans just can't catch a break. They call for Cassel to be booted. When it happens, they get Palko and Quinn. Then they call for Haley to be fired, and they get Crennel. Then they call for Pioli's and Crennel's heads, and they're replaced by an actually decent looking staff, on paper, who also want Cassel gone. So what's the drawback? They want to replace him with Alex Fucking Smith!!! It was bad enough when it was just speculation, but now speculation has turned to rumors, and often times in the NFL rumors become fact. I'd rather they draft a kid in the third round and give him a shot. If it doesn't work out, go big next season at QB. Instead, it's looking more and more like it's going to be Alex "Shit Sandwich" Smith. yay... :Suicide:

If I were you I'd be more worried about having Andy Reid as your HC than potentially overpaying for Alex Smith. I can just see his game plan now. Force Smith or whichever QB you go with to pass 40+ times a game and never run the ball ever again. Jamaal Charles will hence for be used to block, run the occasional screen pass, and for checkdown routes. I hope you enjoy the Andy Reid offensive philosophy.

Jason La Canfora ✔ @JasonLaCanfora

The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12

Also, Is it possible to embed tweets on here?

Edited by Julio4Ever

At best, all trading for Alex Smith does is put the Chiefs on the mediocre treadmill.

Plus, how would he even do under trigger happy Andy Reid's offense? Smith looked scared to ever even look past 15 yards at times under Harbaugh.

At best, all trading for Alex Smith does is put the Chiefs on the mediocre treadmill.

Plus, how would he even do under trigger happy Andy Reid's offense? Smith looked scared to ever even look past 15 yards at times under Harbaugh.

While I do agree with you that Smith may not be the answer, I do think that he would be a solid upgrade and game manager for the Chiefs. Which quite honestly is what they need, if Andy Reid can learn to let Charles run the football that is.

I do think the comment about Smith looking scared to look past 15 yards under Harbaugh is a little misleading though. You've got to realize that Harbaugh hasn't exactly been a poster child for utilizing too much of the deep threat. I don't even think Kaepernick started getting deep passes called for him until 2 or 3 games in when they realized "holy crap, this kid has one hell of an arm".

I hope everyone adopts this ass-backwards Charles-career-is-over way of thinking. I'll scoop him up in the 4th round of every fantasy draft I'm in. I love the "as seen on tv" logic.

Well. Fuck the Chiefs for doing this, but I don't blame them.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

49ers have completed a trade with the Chiefs for Alex Smith, tho can't be official til March 12. Chiefs really made a commitment to Smith

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Deal has been agreed upon between Chiefs and 49ers. Compensation unclear but I'm told again Chiefs have made a clear commitment to Smith.

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

49ers at least obtained the Chiefs 2nd rounder...who knows what else...but as it stands. They would have the 31st and 33rd picks of the draft. I have an awful feeling that with the surplus of picks they already have...that Revis may just be within their grasp...if so....

productimage-picture-yep-were-fucked-984.gif

We+re+so+fucked+_c9c0b40ee946270534c909a8ad7a5135.gif

Coming off torn ligaments in his knee, and that contract of his... On top of him wanting a NEW contract every year... I might be all over that deal. Might be able to squeeze an extra mid rounder from them as well.

Part of not wanting to make the deal is that I just don't trust the Jets to actually hit on their draft picks, even if Tannenbum is gone.

Part of not wanting to make the deal is that I just don't trust the Jets to actually hit on their draft picks, even if Tannenbum is gone.

Totally fair. I know they are different sports, but I feel the same way about Phoenix (my team), in the NBA.

Niners now have 15 draft selections this year.

Niners staaaaaaaaaaacked, rest of the NFC fuuuuuuuuuucked.

Friend on facebook pretty much summarized it...

This isn't bad luck. This is no accidental wound. This is intentional. The Chiefs decided to do this. Dorsey and Reid just found an abandoned car on the side of the road with a couple of flat tires. Their solution? Find the nearest pothole to wreck the entire thing.

Now, all the Chiefs need to do is let Albert walk and draft Joeckel, "improving their offensive line".

I still don't understand the concept of trading a game manager when you as a coach threw the ball like 80% of the time.

EDIT: oops on "drafting"

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I still don't understand the concept of drafting a game manager when you as a coach threw the ball like 80% of the time.

Andy Reid logic, my friend.

This is just the beginning.

As stated previously... Andy Reid attempted ONE PASS per game more than Smith did in San Fran. ONE.

There is so much anti-Reid rhetoric here it is unbelievable. I am not sure if it is the hate that is blinding everyone or just the fact that you don't know what you are talking about.

• Upvote 2

As stated previously... Andy Reid attempted ONE PASS per game more than Smith did in San Fran. ONE.

There is so much anti-Reid rhetoric here it is unbelievable. I am not sure if it is the hate that is blinding everyone or just the fact that you don't know what you are talking about.

NO NO NO!!! JAMAAL CHARLES' CAREER IS OVER!!! ALEX SMiTH IS GONNA THROW THE BALL 90 TIMES PER GAME, DON'T YOU KNOW!?!?! LOLCHIEFS4LIFE!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Hey, like I said in the Alex Smith thread.. I can't tell you what his tenure in KC will be like. He has yet another system and OC to dive into.. But he has proven himself to be a smart and efficient passer the last 2 years. That's exactly what Andy needs... No more dirt balls from McNabb, no more Vick incapable of reading basic defensive packages.

Alex is smart with and protects the football. What I think Reid WILL need to work on and ensure is that he limits these 20 step drops and his general approach to Sundays. Not necessarily Alex Smith related.

But Andy has worked magic with QBs since the mid 90s. This is what he does.

Again, who knows what the results will be. But what I do know is that the Chiefs won't fail because Jamaal Charles is going to get 2 extra touches per game, or because Alex Smith is going to have to attempt one more throw per game.

I'd rather have Alex than Smith or Barkley. Seems the Chiefs feel the same way.

I'd rather have Alex than Smith or Barkley. Seems the Chiefs feel the same way.

Mhm. Or even a guy like Nick Foles. Send a 3rd rounder to Philly for Foles or send a 2nd + Future Mid Rounder for Smith? Decision was pretty easy after they decided that this was the biggest position of need on this football team.

I really hope it works out well for them.

Mhm. Or even a guy like Nick Foles. Send a 3rd rounder to Philly for Foles or send a 2nd + Future Mid Rounder for Smith? Decision was pretty easy after they decided that this was the biggest position of need on this football team.

I really hope it works out well for them.

As do I, obviously, but that doesn't change how I feel about him up to this point. I'd LOVE to be pleasantly surprised, and my love for the Chiefs is starting to take over.