Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Jadeveon Clowney looking to take out insurance policy

South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney is seeking an insurance policy on his 2013 junior season as protection against injury.

Clowney, fully expected to be a top-two pick in the 2014 NFL draft, recently contacted Coastal Advisors LLC about a policy protecting him against "catastrophic injury," like the one suffered by teammate Marcus Lattimore in 2012. The policy could be worth up to $5 million. 6-foot-6, 256-pound Clowney racked up 13.5 sacks and 23.5 tackles for loss as a true sophomore. Some have suggested that sitting out the 2013 college season could be in Clowney's best interest, he has so little to gain and so much to lose.

Source: FOX Sports

Well in honor of the early start Jadeveon clowney is going to be a top 15 pick in two years barring injury.

So called that shit....Oh yeah....

Top 2 > Top 15. :p

Hey I think from 2 years out that was pretty damn decent lol. I am impressed with me lol.

Not happening yet. Remember how Matt Barkley was gonna be this years top pick?

Sitting out would be a bitch move. An insurance claim is the smart one. Good job Clowney.

• Upvote 1

sitting out would not be a good idea, we all saw what happened to Mike Williams (the one who was out of football last year, not to be confused with the Bucs WR by the same name) after he took a year off, it's tough to get back into it and I think it'd look bad to teams to see him decide to sit out of football for a year

Not happening yet. Remember how Matt Barkley was gonna be this years top pick?

Clowney is way better than Barkley though.

But sitting out the year would be stupid. NFL teams would question his desire and drive and wonder if he is just in it for the money. He'd still be picked high because he is one of the more talented defensive prospects in a long time, but he wouldn't go #1 IMO.