Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Fart's 2013 NFL Mock Draft

1. :Chiefs: - Luke Joeckel: OT, Texas A&M

-I feel like the Chiefs will trade for Foles, so they can take their top player on their board.

2. :jags: - Sharrif Floyd: DT, Florida

-Jacksonville needs to find someone who can pressure the QB. Alualu and Knighton are lost causes.

3. :Raiders: - Star Lotulelei: DT, Utah

-Like the Jags, the Raiders need to generate more pressure from d-line. Seymour is also aging.

4. :Eagles: - Eric Fisher: OT, Central Michigan

-Philly may have fielded the worst offensive line last season. Fisher is a huge upgrade at LT.

5. :Lions: - Dion Jordan: DE, Oregon

-Jordan is an athletic freak in the mold of Aldon Smith. Pair him up with Cliff Avril and watch out!

6. :Browns: - Ziggy Ansah: OLB, Brigham Young

-With Cleveland switching to a 3-4, they need more rush linebackers. Good pair up w/Sheard.

7. :Cardinals: - Damontre Moore: OLB, Texas A&M

-Could easily address their o-line woes here, but there is good talent to be had in the 2nd round.

8. :Bills: - Cordarrelle Patterson: WR, Tennessee

-An explosive weapon with the ball in his hands. Patterson will help whoever quarterbacks the Bills.

9. :Jets: - DeMarcus Milliner: CB, Alabama

-If Revis is dealt, then Milliner could definitely be on Rex Ryan's radar. Top CB prospect.

10. :Titans: - Chance Warmack: OG, Alabama

-How Munchak can have a bad o-line is beyond me. Warmack is a huge upgrade to the interior.

11. :Chargers: - Bjoern Werner: OLB, Florida State

-A common theme with teams drafting at the top is the need to upgrade their pass rush.

12. :dolphins: - Lane Johnson: OT, Oklahoma

-If Jake Long splits, they will need to address the hole he will leave. Johnson is a gifted athlete.

13. :Bucs: - Desmond Trufant: CB, Washington

-The Buccaneers are a solid secondary away from being a very scary team.

14. :panthers: - Sheldon Richardson: DT, Missouri

-Richardson is an underrated d-lineman that fits a huge need for the Panthers. A perfect match.

15. :Saints: - Jarvis Jones: OLB, Georgia

-Switching to a 3-4 and in need of rush linebackers. If it weren't for his health he'd go much higher.

16. :Rams: - Kenny Vaccaro: S, Texas

-Vaccaro is the top safety prospect going to a team in need of a spark-plug at that position.

17. :Steelers: - Barkevious Mingo: OLB, LSU

-A little long in the tooth at rush linebacker. Adding Mingo helps future depth there.

18. :Cowboys: - Sylvester Williams: DT, North Carolina

-Switching to a 4-3 and Williams fits the attacking DT style that Monte Kiffin covets.

19. :Giants: - Manti Te'o: LB, Notre Dame

-A position of need for the Giants, and plenty of girlfriend prospects for Manti in the New York area.

20. :Bears: - D.J. Fluker: OT/OG, Alabama

-Chicago's biggest need is to keep Jay Cutler upright. Fluker's versatility helps his cause.

21. :Bengals: - Alec Ogletree: LB, Georgia

-Character issues? Drug problems? Cincinnati is your destination! Scary LB corps. if they add Ogletree.

22. :Rams: - Tavon Austin: WR, West Virginia

-If Amendola walks, Tavon would be a perfect consolation prize. He's way more talented than Danny A.

23. :Vikings: - Keenan Allen: WR, California

-While a d-line upgrade is plausible, Ponder really needs more weapons. (Especially if Harvin leaves)

24. :Colts: - Blidi Wreh-Wilson: CB, Connecticut

-Indy traded for Vontae Davis, but now they need someone to help him out. BWW's stock is rising fast.

25. :Seahawks: - Kawann Short: DT, Purdue

-Just think of how scary Seattle's defense could be with a true threat interior pass rusher!

26. :Packers: - Jonathan Cooper: OG/C, North Carolina

-Giving Aaron Rodgers even more time to stand in the pocket is always a good idea.

27. :Texans: - Geno Smith: QB, West Virginia

-Don't think he will drop this far, but if he does the value is just too much here. Watch out Schaub!

28. :Broncos: - Johnathan Banks: CB, Mississippi State

-Champ's not getting any younger! They need some fresh young talent in the secondary.

29. :Patriots: - Johnathan Hankins: NT/DE, Ohio State

-Hankins can play all across the line in a 3-man front. Something I'm sure Belichick will covet.

30. :Falcons: - Eddie Lacy: RB, Alabama

-With Burner Turner likely gone. Lacy would be a great complement with Jacquizz in the backfield.

31. :49ers: - John Jenkins: NT, Georgia

-Nose tackle may be the only weakness the 49ers have on the d-line. Well not anymore...

32. :Ravens: - Datone Jones: OLB, UCLA

-Baltimore nabs an underrated pass rusher. Best player remaining on the board.

Edited by FartWaffles

Somewhere around there. People agree that Milliner is number 1. But the number 2 spot could be someone like Banks, Trufant or Xavier Rhodes.

Somewhere around there. People agree that Milliner is number 1. But the number 2 spot could be someone like Banks, Trufant or Xavier Rhodes.

I've seen people debate whether Milliner and Claiborne are on the same level and IMO that's giving Milliner way too much love. Both Gilmore and Claiborne > Milliner. Basically... Milliner is to CBs in 2013 what Justin Blackmon was to WRs in 2012. Now, I'm a Jags fan, so me in a way here saying Blackmon was overrated in the 2012 draft should let you know there's no bias here. But it's the same dynamic. With that said, both Blackmon and Milliner are still good players, and will have solid NFL careers. I just wouldn't of ranked Blackmon the #1 WR and I don't rank Milliner the #1 CB.

With me it's all about fits. Not unlike how Nhamdi fit in Oakland's press man scheme but so obviously doesn't fit in Philly's zone scheme. If you're playing a zone type scheme, Milliner would be a good fit. However if you're running press man, I'd shy from Milliner and go after Rhodes, Poyer or Trufant.

EDIT: If you wanna go deeper on the CBs, here's a good breakdown of Milliner vs Rhodes vs Banks by Greg Peshek at Second Round Stats, a smart forward thinking amateur scout: http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/18/cbs-1/

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

I'd like Xavier Rhodes and I've seen so many mocks where we get either one of the CB's or NT's. This is the first one I see us getting Mingo. Not sure if I'd like that move.

Not a big fan of Sharrif to the Jags btw Fart. I don't see them going that route either. They'll jump much sooner after one of the pass rushers before Sharrif, and with Star being diagnosed with a heart problem, likely skipping him too. For some reason I also think there's an outside chance the Jags shock everyone and take Geno Smith too, but as I said — an outside chance. Pass rusher is almost a certainty in my opinion.

So many different ways we could go at 12 if the chips fall right. I'd really like a corner, but I doubt Milliner drops that low and I think Banks is a bit of a reach at 12. Mayock seems pretty high on Patterson, so I wouldn't mind seeing us get a two-for with Patterson or Allen and then grabbing Wallace or Jennings in free agency.

I've also been getting the feeling they could look to Jordan or Ansah to help Wake out.

I like how Geno mysteriously falls to the Texans at 27 :troll:

Well honestly there's no way that happens when there are trades. Honestly I'd rather the Texans draft a WR or ILB in the first round. I just couldn't find another team that would realistically take Geno at the bottom of round one, and he is definitely a first round talent IMO.

I want the Jets to take Geno if he makes it to 9, I doubt they would though. I'm a Geno believer, I think he can be a franchise QB.

I definitely wouldn't want to take Dee Milliner though, even if we are trading Revis. I'd rather roll with Kyle Wilson starting opposite Cro and going elsewhere with the pick, preferably Jarvis Jones.

Edited by NY Diehard

I just don't know if we are going interior line this year. I know Cooper is a great Guard prospect and somebody who should come in and start right away.. But our Gs are locked up for the next 4 years -- even if I think he would be an improvement at LG. Evan Dietrich-Smith will enter 2013 as an URFA, and be our starter in 2013... We need a center in case he really sucks, or we can't work out a deal with him... I realize you have Cooper at G or C... but what really is his future as a center? Could he be THAT good or would he just be better off somewhere playing G?

-- And for good measure, the Packers love versatile Olineman, so that increases the likelihood of this happening.

Edited by Favre4Ever