Sign in to follow this  
butta54

Perfect Match

What are some of the perfect matches you would like to see in the upcoming draft? The match can be based on a coaching connection, scheme-fit, or player-connection.

My perfect match is WR Terrance Williams to the Washington Redskins. A team that is getting older at that position and still don't have a long-term agreement with tight end Fred Davis. Drafting RG3's former teammate from Baylor will give the team a great outside presence who is a big target with speed to go deep.

Ryan Nassib to the Bills makes sense obviously because Marrone was his coach at Syracuse.

I got another one...Chase Thomas to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Pittsburgh's defensive scheme makes sense for a guy like Chase who is a very limited athlete. Thomas is a high IQ football player with amazing hands and an explosive first step. He also played a good amount of coverage at Stanford and works well in a zone-blitz scheme in which he isn't asked to cover too much ground and can really be a factor in the run game setting the edge.

Some other matches:

Markus Wheaton-Steelers: All the comparisons to Mike Wallace aren't off-base. While he is a much more polished route runner, his game speed is at the top. Steelers can add another speedster to their receiving corp to help replace Wallace who took his talents to South Beach.

Kyle Long-Rams: Huge upside and versatility as a guard and tackle which are both needs for the Rams. Not to mention he will be playing with against big brother Chris everyday.

Eric Reid-Cowboys: After a good start to Morris Claiborne's career why not fill a need with an old teammate and a high talent player?

Colin Klein-Jets: Run a Tebow-Klein package, and if you get rid of Tebow than you already have his replacement as a non-throwing QB.

Tyler Wilson-Vikings: Ponder needs some competition because he still is just a manager. This spot works because Minnesota did draft two of his former receivers last year.

• Upvote 1

How about Patterson to the Saints ? I think that would be a great pair with the speed guys they have and Colston.

Margus Hunt in SF seems to be at the top of my list for perfect matches. Tutilage from replacement, a team that can develop him and situationally play behind or with Smith. Lengthy guy with a motor who plays low. On paper its perfect.

How about Patterson to the Saints ? I think that would be a great pair with the speed guys they have and Colston.

The Saints don't need a luxury on offense, they need some pieces to fix that absolutely putrid defense.

The Saints don't need a luxury on offense, they need some pieces to fix that absolutely putrid defense.

Just talking about ideal matches not really what will happen in the draft.

Ryan Swope-Dolphins: A solid receiver with so much upside after blazing the 40 with a thick frame. He was decent this year....but he was great last year with a more pro-style QB who happens to be starting for Miami

Definitely agree I just think he would fit extremely well there.

Star in Jacksonville would be an amazing fit.

Ryan Swope-Dolphins: A solid receiver with so much upside after blazing the 40 with a thick frame. He was decent this year....but he was great last year with a more pro-style QB who happens to be starting for Miami

Strikes me as a YAC guy with that frame and physicality. I wouldn't mind taking him if the pieces fell that way. Still not eyeballing the receivers after such a busy off-season though. I'd also dig bringing in Deandre Hopkins later on, But that likely won't work out.

I think Ansah or Jordan would be great fits to compliment Wake. We need a pass rusher to help him out in a big way, especially if we stick with 4-3. Neither is likely to fall to us, though.

Strikes me as a YAC guy with that frame and physicality. I wouldn't mind taking him if the pieces fell that way. Still not eyeballing the receivers after such a busy off-season though. I'd also dig bringing in Deandre Hopkins later on, But that likely won't work out. I think Ansah or Jordan would be great fits to compliment Wake. We need a pass rusher to help him out in a big way, especially if we stick with 4-3. Neither is likely to fall to us, though.

Well your prayers have been answered lol.

And I was thinking they get him around the 4th round...why not take a chance on Tannehill's old teammate?

I just feel like these guys will fit like a glove with their new respective teams...

:Eagles: - Lane Johnson

:Rams: - Tavon Austin

:Rams: - Alec Ogletree

:Saints: - Kenny Vaccaro

:Steelers: - Jarvis Jones

:Vikings: - Sharrif Floyd

:Falcons: - Desmond Trufant

:Packers: - Datone Jones

:Broncos: - Sylvester Williams

:Lions: - Ezekiel Ansah

:Texans: - DeAndre Hopkins

:Browns: - Barkevious Mingo

:Titans: - Chance Warmack

I just feel like these guys will fit like a glove with their new respective teams...

:Titans: - Chance Warmack

I didn't want to say it pre-draft to avoid jinxing it, but I agree, I think Warmack is going to be amazing, and the more I read about Schwenke I'm excited about seeing how the oline as a whole progresses