JetsFan4Life

2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

Guest Phailadelphia

Why doesn't Melo receive the same criticism as Rudy Gay? They're essentially the same player. Melo is a LITTLE bit better but not enough that he should be immune to the criticism Gay receives.

Melo gets a fair amount of criticism. I personally think he's a lot better than Gay though. Looking at "advanced" stats like PER, Carmelo has Gay beat by a mile. WS, WS/48, it's not even close. Rudy had a really bad season this year, he needs to pick it up. Carmelo's just in a different class than Gay, Carmelo might be the best scorer in the game in terms of how many ways he can score. He can post up, drive, great mid range shot, good 3pt shooter. He's probably one of the hardest 1 on 1 stops in the game besides LeBron and Durant.

• Upvote 1

Why doesn't Melo receive the same criticism as Rudy Gay? They're essentially the same player. Melo is a LITTLE bit better but not enough that he should be immune to the criticism Gay receives.

I'm one of the biggest Melo haters there is but he's much more than a little better than Gay.

I honestly don't even consider Melo or Gay as superstar players. Gay because he's such a chucker and Melo because he doesn't play both ends of the floor and doesn't rebound hard enough or look for assists enough.

MVP candidate my ass. Melo will be forgotten.

Paul George is going from an underrated up and coming player to vastly overrated within the course of like, 5-8 days.

I get it, people need storylines, blah blah blah, but George is NOT a superstar, and he isn't even the Pacer's best player. His offense is getting overrated so much. Hibbert and West should be getting fed the ball, the TNT guys are making a big deal over 2 games.

Edit, also, I consider Melo to be a top 10 player. And it's not just because I'm a huge fan of his. He gets a ton of undeserved heat.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Lebron is going to hatefuck the game of basketball in game 5...so get ready for that. It will be fun to watch.

• Upvote 1

I dunno. Even if he scores a ton of points, Indiana has the uncanny ability to make him look very human.

Paul George is going from an underrated up and coming player to vastly overrated within the course of like, 5-8 days.

I get it, people need storylines, blah blah blah, but George is NOT a superstar, and he isn't even the Pacer's best player. His offense is getting overrated so much. Hibbert and West should be getting fed the ball, the TNT guys are making a big deal over 2 games.

Edit, also, I consider Melo to be a top 10 player. And it's not just because I'm a huge fan of his. He gets a ton of undeserved heat.

Eh. Watching TV doesn't really give you a fair judgment of a player. If it did -- Tim Tebow would be on his way to the Hall of Fame. It's a great story and he is fun to watch... But it just goes to show you how underrated Roy Hibbert is.

Roy Hibbert isn't underrated, he's just doing what every decent big man does against the Heat. He was extremely average everywhere but defensively during the regular season.

He definitely needs to shoot better. Thankfully he has done that and more for IND this playoff season. Hopefully it's his little coming out party.

This series is a few missed shots from being 3-1 for either side. Its fun watching a team that is capable of giving the Heat offense some trouble.

When you factor in both sides of the ball, Paul George is one of the better players in the entire league. His offensive game is going to continue to develop and he is going to be a big star. He moves his feet so well on defense (I know, LBJ got the infamous game winning layup because he overcommited) but I do think he needs to attack way more on offense. He gets too passive at times.

Edited by The Admiral

The Heat just look flat and defeated. I get the feeling that this series is over.

For the love of God... GET SHANE BATTIER OUTA THERE!!! NBA coaches I swear..

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME

So Birdman is allowed to run up behind Hansborough and bodycheck him from behind and knock him on his ass and then basically has to be tackled by a ref and they call that shit a Flagrant-fucking-One? And to top it off Hansborough gets maligned for getting up and getting in Anderson's face after the fact.

I thought the refs had been pretty even in this series so far, but fuck this bullshit.

Indiana's backcourt is going to have to play a hell of a lot better in game 6. Lance Stephenson is going to have to have a game 4-like performance for the Pacers to pull this off, and now he has to do it two games in a row.

The Pacers are going to be looking back at game 1 and asking what if? But that's too late now.

Heat finish this on Saturday, and then take the Spurs in 5 games.

Woop-de-doo.

I dunno about that. Should be going to 7. Indiana just turned the ball over wayyyyyyy too much.

They always turn the ball over way too much, they haven't taken care of the basketball all season. The Miami Heat are an incredibly smart defensive team and when they're going all out on the defensive end, they're going to cause turnovers.

• Upvote 1

I only saw the shove by Andersen, not the foul preceding it, but that didn't look too bad. I wouldn't have an issue if he got thrown out, but i dont thinkg the flagrant 1 was that little of a punishment. Of course I don't see how hansborough deserved to be in any trouble at all.

They always turn the ball over way too much, they haven't taken care of the basketball all season. The Miami Heat are an incredibly smart defensive team and when they're going all out on the defensive end, they're going to cause turnovers.

This x200, these analysts keep saying the Pacers are making uncharacteristic mistakes, etc, is driving me insane.

This is who they are. Just like the Grizzlies. Outside of George Hill who was pretty shitty in all departments, and Paul George going 5-8 from the 3 point line.

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME

So Birdman is allowed to run up behind Hansborough and bodycheck him from behind and knock him on his ass and then basically has to be tackled by a ref and they call that shit a Flagrant-fucking-One? And to top it off Hansborough gets maligned for getting up and getting in Anderson's face after the fact.

I thought the refs had been pretty even in this series so far, but fuck this bullshit.

This tenfold. Lots of Heat favoritism in last night's game.

Hansbrough would kick Birdman's ass, too. Birdman's lucky.

Edited by BwareDWare94

The idea that a pussy like Hansbrough would kick anyone's ass is funny

• Upvote 2

The idea that a pussy like Hansbrough would kick anyone's ass is funny

You only think he's a pussy because he's white. Hansbrough is tougher than shit and would beat that tattooed pussy to a pulp.