JetsFan4Life

2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

Tim Duncan well deserved first team and Tony on the second team. What an accomplishment for Timmy. Best Tim has looked since his league MVP days. I love their individual accomplishments this year, but it's all about the DRIVE FOR FIVE

Hibbert has to be in for that final play. Paul George is a hell of a player when you factor in both sides of the ball. One of the better players in the league.

Another freaking awesome game. I have totally underestimated the Pacers, I thought 5 games max, now I think the Pacers could actually take the series if they keep playing like this.

Another freaking awesome game. I have totally underestimated the Pacers, I thought 5 games max, now I think the Pacers could actually take the series if they keep playing like this.

The difference between this team and last year's team is that last year's team played perfect ball in their two wins. The Pacers are playing well, but it's not like they're playing absolutely perfectly or even close. Lots of TOs. Lots of bad shots. Missed free throws.

At the same time, this is why the Pacers can win this series. Their faults are there, and they've still dominated pretty much 90 of 101 minutes in this series.

• Upvote 1

It's also so nice to see the Pacers get this kind of attention again and to make a deep playoff run. :) Been a while.

Love watching the Pacers play ball. Wish it was 2 - 0, but the Pacers should be the favorites to win this series until further notice.

The Pacers would be a great story if they won it all. People get bored with the same champions and super stars in the NBA, or I do. And if the Pacers won it all it would help curb the "NBA is rigged" talk. I am sick of the Spurs too.

Now I am not going to get ahead of myself. The series is 1-1 and this is still the Miami Heat. A long ways to go here but we always give the Heat trouble it seems.

But, I am going to believe just a tiny bit now. :corn:

Let's go Pacers for sure. Feel like they should be up 2-0.

Things seem to go my way until the Finals/Super Bowl, so I'm not going to get my hopes up this year. Pacers will probably pull this off only to lose to the Spurs or Grizzlies, both of whom I despise. -_-

Pacers are a tough playing team. But the Miami Heat are underachieving.. With that roster, they should be winning big but aren't. Same story with the Heat, not playing up to the full potential. Figured they would of learned their lesson with the Dallas finals loss a couple years ago. I hope Indiana wins just to knock the Heat out.

Memphis also needs to get it going, because they should be winning too. Defensive wise they aren't playing full energy it seems. I see so many open shots from SA.

Either way, I could see both series going to 7.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

Pacers are a tough playing team. But the Miami Heat are underachieving.. With that roster, they should be winning big but aren't. Same story with the Heat, not playing up to the full potential. Figured they would of learned their lesson with the Dallas finals loss a couple years ago. I hope Indiana wins just to knock the Heat out.

Memphis also needs to get it going, because they should be winning too. Defensive wise they aren't playing full energy it seems. I see so many open shots from SA.

Either way, I could see both series going to 7.

It's crazy because I completely threw out the fact that they always play down to their opponents level. They aren't playing like NBA Champions outside of LBJ and it's disgusting to watch.

They were just outplayed today. But I really don't understand what it is with NBA coaches and stupidity and stubbornness when it comes to making lineup changes.

The small ball is all fun and games when it's working... But it's not. Get Ray Allen and Battier outa there. I'm so tired of seeing Shane game after game launch up 3s after 3s this postseason and miss them all. He was at least useful against the Bulls because all Carlos did was take jumpers, but he's literally useless on both sides of the ball in this series. Ray Allen is just cold. Please for the love of God cut their minutes.

It's crazy because I completely threw out the fact that they always play down to their opponents level. They aren't playing like NBA Champions outside of LBJ and it's disgusting to watch.

They were just outplayed today. But I really don't understand what it is with NBA coaches and stupidity and stubbornness when it comes to making lineup changes.

Indiana has under appreciated players on their roster. Paul George has stepped up big time in both games. Hibbert had a big game this time, West had clutch buckets.

Indiana has played at their highest level in both games. But talent for talent overall as a team, Miami should win this series. Wade wasn't there in the fourth, zero points in the fourth. The 2 bad passes from Lebron ending up in turnovers in the final minute. It just seems they are doing just enough to keep it close, but not win convincingly.

Indiana has under appreciated players on their roster. Paul George has stepped up big time in both games. Hibbert had a big game this time, West had clutch buckets.

Indiana has played at their highest level in both games. But talent for talent overall as a team, Miami should win this series. Wade wasn't there in the fourth, zero points in the fourth. The 2 bad passes from Lebron ending up in turnovers in the final minute. It just seems they are doing just enough to keep it close, but not win convincingly.

Have we been watching the same games? I'm seeing Indiana with tons of bad turnovers, missed free throws, and bad shots. They are not playing even close to their highest level. Their defense is great, but that's a given.

Miami's talent level isn't that far and beyond Indiana's. There's one guy who's better than everybody, a 2 guard who's declining (yeah, I said it. I don't buy the injury) and a center who can hit a 3 here and there but is otherwise nullified by Hibbert and West. Chalmers needs to step up, if anybody, because the Heat's bench isn't as great as some people think.

Guest Phailadelphia

Have we been watching the same games? I'm seeing Indiana with tons of bad turnovers, missed free throws, and bad shots. They are not playing even close to their highest level. =

Have you watched them all season? That IS them at their best.

• Upvote 1

Have you watched them all season? That IS them at their best.

I doubt it. There's no way Lance Stephenson wasting so many possessions is the Pacers at their best.

Guest Phailadelphia

I doubt it. There's no way Lance Stephenson wasting so many possessions is the Pacers at their best.

They usually turn the ball over a lot more than 13 times and shoot a lot worse than 55% from the field. You could probably argue that was them at their ceiling last night.

• Upvote 1

They usually turn the ball over a lot more than 13 times and shoot a lot worse than 55% from the field. You could probably argue that was them at their ceiling last night.

You don't think that team could better, that both Hibbert and Stephenson could get a lot better, not to mention Augustin?

Also, I want some other folks' opinions on the bullshit technicals. Wade flopped hardcore on the Hansborough play. Not worthy of a T.

You don't think that team could better, that both Hibbert and Stephenson could get a lot better, not to mention Augustin?

Also, I want some other folks' opinions on the bullshit technicals. Wade flopped hardcore on the Hansborough play. Not worthy of a T.

Hibbert put up fucking 30 points last night, that's him at his best. Lance Stephenson outperformed his season averages in almost every category.

These guys are playing as good as they always do. It's the Heat players that aren't playing up to their potential outside of LeBron

Have we been watching the same games? I'm seeing Indiana with tons of bad turnovers, missed free throws, and bad shots. They are not playing even close to their highest level. Their defense is great, but that's a given.

Miami's talent level isn't that far and beyond Indiana's. There's one guy who's better than everybody, a 2 guard who's declining (yeah, I said it. I don't buy the injury) and a center who can hit a 3 here and there but is otherwise nullified by Hibbert and West. Chalmers needs to step up, if anybody, because the Heat's bench isn't as great as some people think.

They played hard, going clutch in the final moments too. When two defensive teams play eachother, scraps, and turnovers will happen. The Pacers have outperformed the Heat, obviously. And no the roster is better for the Heat clearly.

LBJ, Wade and Bosh are still the best 3 on a team. Those three are better then anyone on the Pacers at their positions. The Heat bench is still better then the Pacers bench. The effort however, has been all Pacers. Had it not been for a dumb coaching decision for the Pacers, Pacers are up 2-0. The best comes out of the Heat when they have their backs against the wall. When they NEED to win, they ball all out. I have Indiana winning game 3 as well. But after that, I think Miami wins the next 3.

Guest Phailadelphia

No, not really. They're in such close competition with Miami because the Heat's roleplayers (especially Ray Allen & Shane Battier) aren't hitting shit.

If Battier was playing the way he is now vs the Thunder in the Finals last year, Lebron is likely still searching for his first ring. He was KILLER in the Finals with his 3-pt shooting.

Edited by Phailadelphia

SPURS NATION!!!

Vintage Big 3 play by Tim/Tony and Manu.

Loved Pop benching the starting 5 in the first quarter.

It's a wrap, put a fork in them. The Spurs really proved me wrong. lol.

If the Heat find a way to win out their series it's gonna be tough choosing a team to root for between the Spurs and them... If not, Go Spurs!

The Champs are either going to be the Heat (if they beat Indy) or SA (if Indy beats Mia) ? What a waste of an NBA season. :shifty:

I figured the Spurs would fall on their face at some point like they've been doing recently, but it appears they'll actually mae it to the Finals this year.