Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phailadelphia

MIT shooting

It doesn't matter if you think it's clear, Mav. If there's not enoug evidence to convict him, he should go free. If he's as obviously guilty as you say, he'll be in prison. People don't luck out like O.J. in events of this magnitude.

I'm not saying if he isn't convicted that he should be thrown in prison anyway. My problem isn't with that. As I just said to vikingsfan, days ago I posted that he's a U.S. citizen and deserves due process. I was moreso stating we all know he's guilty anyway but again this is irrelevant to my problem with blots.

My issue is I just can't believe blots would say he'd rather a terrorist be let free than be imprisoned in Gitmo. A convicted terrorist. That's why I'm not too sure why you and vikingsfan are talking to me about this specific case instead of blots' actual statement. I actually want to hear other members opinions on that statement. Maybe I'm the looney-bin...

Do you agree with blots that you would rather a terrorist be let free than sent to Gitmo? I mean Gitmo may not be the most morally upright place but to say you'd rather put a terrorist back on the streets than send him there...I still can't believe he said it.

He did not say that. He said if he wasn't convicted of the crime, then he shouldn't be sent to Gitmo, so in that hypothetical case he isn't talking about a convicted terrorist.

• Upvote 2

I think it would be better if there were no place like Gitmo for people to be sent to in the first place. But aside from that, I think it would be most suitable to send him to ADX Florence or a similar supermax. He's an American citizen, and thus a "domestic" terrorist. Not that it makes much difference to the people he's affected.

• Upvote 1

I have been working pretty much through this whole ordeal, and am feeling a little lazy as to read a bunch of propaganda BS from CNN or FOX or whoever. They did these bombings, right? So why would they not just get the fuck out of dodge after that? Why are they sticking around for days, causing even more of a stir until they die / get caught.

With all the bombs it sounds like they still had, no way these guys were finished yet. It sounds like the one kid didn't really care either "I'm a stress free kinda guy". Perhaps they didn't think they would even get caught.

Also, I could give 2 fucks if he was read his rights. He is going to spend the rest of his life in prison either way and nothing he can do about it. No way is a jury going to let this fucker off.

I think the idea behind taking him alive was to see if he was part of some group that weren't done with yet.

Once we get the info out of him, I could care less if he dies. I'd prefer it to life in jail, tbh.

I know it is unpopular but I think Gitmo actually serves a purpose

• Upvote 1

I guess he can't talk ATM, but he wrote down on paper they planned to attack individuals. Which would explain the assault rifles and grenades.

I guess he can't talk ATM, but he wrote down on paper they planned to attack individuals. Which would explain the assault rifles and grenades.

Do you know if he wrote that down for the police and FBI, or did the police and FBI find that in his apartment that he supposedly shared with his brother? :shrug:

He did not say that. He said if he wasn't convicted of the crime, then he shouldn't be sent to Gitmo, so in that hypothetical case he isn't talking about a convicted terrorist.

You're wrong, Thanatos. He's talking about a convicted terrorist. Read below.

If the courts confirm it, they can go to a real maximum security prison like any American who commits a violent crime. If Gitmo were to be turned into one of those, I wouldn't mind them going there.

I know it is unpopular but I think Gitmo actually serves a purpose

It's funny because everybody is missing the point of my beef with blots. Zack has a crush on him so he'll continue to back him regardless of what comes out of his mouth (incoming neg from Zackary in 3...2...), but I'm surprised other people haven't figured it out.

I'm not arguing whether Gitmo is humane. I'm not arguing the specific case of this fucker being convicted. It's reeeeeally clear as day. Everybody tries to overanalyze shit. I'll reinforce it one last time.

Blots would rather A convicted terrorist be let free than placed in Gitmo.

Nobody sees a problem with this?

It's funny because everybody is missing the point of my beef with blots. Zack has a crush on him so he'll continue to back him regardless of what comes out of his mouth (incoming neg from Zackary in 3...2...), but I'm surprised other people haven't figured it out.

I'm not arguing whether Gitmo is humane. I'm not arguing the specific case of this fucker being convicted. It's reeeeeally clear as day. Everybody tries to overanalyze shit. I'll reinforce it one last time.

Ha I smell what your steppin in. It is a little weird but the liberals on here are just a little of kilter sometimes imo. That said for the most part they mean well I think, just a little crazy for me lol.

That is a crazy sentiment though lol.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. What if, and that's a big what if, blots intended it to be interpreted as hyperbole, and it just came out poorly? Have you never said something to the effect of "I'd rather be/say/do X before X."?

Because I don't know what blots truly means by it, I can't speak for him, but I have the sneaky feeling he wouldn't actually rather a convicted killer be set free than sent to Gitmo. I think it was an exaggeration in an attempt to make a point...that he disapproves of that system. Beyond his first comment, it seems like you tried to corner him into this whole false dilemma of "Well if he doesn't want him in Gitmo it must mean he wants him free" and it's blown up into this. Up to this point, I don't recall him specifically stating that. He keeps reiterating that he'd rather the guy NOT go to Gitmo.

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, and I whole-heartedly disagree with that particular sentiment just as you do. But the beauty and the curse of being an American is that we should have the right to hold such views without being badgered to such an extent about it. Just my 2 cents on it.

Yeah, no shit both situations would suck. I just am against torture and don't believe that we should trust our government to hold criminals if thats how they are treated. Thankfully this is all hypothetical and there are prisons where he could be separated from society while still having standard human rights.

Guest Phailadelphia

Apparently the second suspect wasn't read his Miranda rights when he was arrested? Ruh roh.

From what I understand there is no need to read him his Miranda Rights - that's only necessary if they need to use anything he says in court which, obviously, they don't. They all witnessed it happen and that should be all the proof necessary.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. What if, and that's a big what if, blots intended it to be interpreted as hyperbole, and it just came out poorly? Have you never said something to the effect of "I'd rather be/say/do X before X."?

Because I don't know what blots truly means by it, I can't speak for him, but I have the sneaky feeling he wouldn't actually rather a convicted killer be set free than sent to Gitmo. I think it was an exaggeration in an attempt to make a point...that he disapproves of that system. Beyond his first comment, it seems like you tried to corner him into this whole false dilemma of "Well if he doesn't want him in Gitmo it must mean he wants him free" and it's blown up into this. Up to this point, I don't recall him specifically stating that. He keeps reiterating that he'd rather the guy NOT go to Gitmo.

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, and I whole-heartedly disagree with that particular sentiment just as you do. But the beauty and the curse of being an American is that we should have the right to hold such views without being badgered to such an extent about it. Just my 2 cents on it.

Well this is a subject where hyperbole is indecent to use.

Regardless it's still a stupid thing to say. I've asked him straight up two times if he was really saying he'd rather a terrorist be let free than placed in Gitmo. Both times he evaded directly answering the question. It could be an exaggeration and I hope it is, but I think he's said enough to show he's dead serious if he was faced with the ultimatum.

I think it is a stretch to say that some of these people lately are humans. Hence I have no sympathy for them no matter what happens to them. In fact I hope that James Homes fuck has his eyelids cut off and flicked in the eye repeatedly until it ruptures and he bleeds to death. All while midgets in high heels tap dance on his testicles from his splayed open scrotum and most importantly I hope it takes years.

Edited by Ngata_Chance
  • Upvote 1

Obviously that's hyperbole but they are all humans. Terrible humans, yes but still humans.

However i do think I overreacted a bit with the free vs gitmo if he was convicted in court. The point of jail is to separate him from society and gitmo does that. Of course it was a pretty dumb comparison to begin with because Gitmo is far from the only option for people like him. Basically, I blame Cardinal.

Obviously that's hyperbole but they are all humans. Terrible humans, yes but still humans.

However i do think I overreacted a bit with the free vs gitmo if he was convicted in court. The point of jail is to separate him from society and gitmo does that. Of course it was a pretty dumb comparison to begin with because Gitmo is far from the only option for people like him. Basically, I blame Cardinal.

Haha I think Cardinal gets a bum wrap lol....negs in 3...2...1...

So in seriousness though you think this guy still has basic human rights when he has shown such little regard for the species. I will be honest I do not, I really do not care what happens to him but whatever it is I hope it is a painful kind of hurt for the next 60 years and I hope it is almost unbearable.....almost. I really have to explore my mind to think of some of the sick things I think should be done to this guy. And if Adam Lanza were still alive I am not evern sure I could think of something bad enough. I think we as a society should get to brainstorm on the most painful, evil, and inhumane things to do to these people, I bet you once we did some of that it would deter at least one psycho and that would be worth it imo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Haha I think Cardinal gets a bum wrap lol....negs in 3...2...1...

So in seriousness though you think this guy still has basic human rights when he has shown such little regard for the species. I will be honest I do not, I really do not care what happens to him but whatever it is I hope it is a painful kind of hurt for the next 60 years and I hope it is almost unbearable.....almost. I really have to explore my mind to think of some of the sick things I think should be done to this guy. And if Adam Lanza were still alive I am not evern sure I could think of something bad enough. I think we as a society should get to brainstorm on the most painful, evil, and inhumane things to do to these people, I bet you once we did some of that it would deter at least one psycho and that would be worth it imo.

Isn't that how the psycho starts out in the first place?

I think people are just messed up, as a whole. This stuff happens absolutely everywhere. It's just now starting to become obviously noticeable that America is no exception, no matter how much we wish to be.