AllYouNeedIsLovie

2013 NFL Draft Discussion

I feel like we reached for Le'veon Bell. Honestly, I expected us take Jamar Taylor and I'm pissed we didn't.

Love the Markus Wheaton pick. He's very fast with great pass-catching ability. I think Ben gets a replacement for Mike Wallace here.

Also,Round 4 should be very interesting since Quinton Patton, Jesse Williams, B.W. Webb, Alex Okafor, Da'Rick Rogers, Jordan Poyer, Chase Thomas and Khaseem Greene are all available. We need to get one of those, preferably Poyer or Williams.

After completely ruling free agency, I'm surprised to see the Chiefs so epicly dropping the ball in the draft. All can be saved, however, if they just draft Barkley or Nassib. No, that is not a :troll: comment. Grabbing one of them in the fourth round is a no brainer. If they work out, that's awesome. If they don't, they were a fourth round pick. Who cares. I just so badly want them to DRAFT A QB !!!!

I feel like we reached for Le'veon Bell. Honestly, I expected us take Jamar Taylor and I'm pissed we didn't.

Love the Markus Wheaton pick. He's very fast with great pass-catching ability. I think Ben gets a replacement for Mike Wallace here.

Also,Round 4 should be very interesting since Quinton Patton, Jesse Williams, B.W. Webb, Alex Okafor, Da'Rick Rogers, Jordan Poyer, Chase Thomas and Khaseem Greene are all available. We need to get one of those, preferably Poyer or Williams.

Yeah Bell was a reach, I feel like Franklin is getting no love and it makes no sense. Good news is though, I completely agree with you about Markus Wheaton. He projects out better than Mike Wallace did when Wallace was a rookie to most :shrug: He's gonna love having Ben. Good call on your round four wants, especially Williams and Poyer.

Pretty damn happy with our draft so far. Elam is a good SS who can tackle very well and will bring the lumber. Art Brown :wub: . Brandon Williams dominated everybody he played....which does not really say much. Although at the Senior Bowl he did really well too. I know two things about him, he is really athletic for a dude that big and he is strong as hell.

As for the rest of the draft, I would probably blow it in my pants if we could somehow land Reid Fragel, Marquess Wilson, and Da'Rick Rogers. Barret Jones would be nice as would Nico Johnson.

Definitely warmed up to Joeckel as the days have went on. My woe was I didn't like taking a RT at #2 and my man love for Dion Jordan (who for some reason got picked by a 4-3 team, poor Dion — won't shock me to see him struggle now due to a bad fit.) Went back and did more cut-up watch with Luke and my god this kid is technical. Great anticipation of movement, good feet, reads very well, rarely fooled, and if he misses he recovers quickly. He's a perfect fit for a zone blocking scheme that Jax now employs.

As far as the RT thing, on one hand he's a safety valve if Eugene tries to holdout or not sign the franchise tender if they don't extend him. Or you can let Monroe walk if you don't feel he's worth the pay raise, and you'll have a good LT in waiting. Hell, I heard they will test out the kid at LT at times too, and IMO he is a better pass blocker than Monroe coming out — with Monroe the better run blocker. It wouldn't shock me at all if we open up with Joeckel at LT and Monroe at RT. That would likely end Monroe's stay in Jacksonville though, because he's not gonna like being moved.

Incredibly happy with the Cyprien pick obviously. I've said all along I feel like he'll be the best safety in this draft. He can play both spots too, but due to his physicality and the way he loves to hit he'll play SS with D-Low playing deep single high.

Like the Gratz pick too. I initially liked Blidi Wreh-Wilson better, but only because I wasn't looked at Gratz, after Thanatos picked him in the mock draft I went back and did some cut-up sessions. Came out liking Gratz better, more consistent, more physical, but I didn't know if Bradley would take him being he was 5'11, thought he'd target the bigger guys like BWW. I forgot about his arm length, he's got long arms, and he had the most bench reps at the combine of all CBs and it shows when he plays man press on the field. Strong punch. Ran good too, good speed. Love the fit.

After initially being butt hurt about the LT at 2, I've warmed up to it, with having the potential for legit bookend tackles. But the following picks really worked for me. Making me pretty damn happy with the way the draft has fell for Jacksonville so far.

• Upvote 1

Man, if Barkley or Nassib is sitting in at one of the Falcons #4 picks, or their #5, I hope they grab one or the other. The Falcons #2 QB spot behind Ryan is pretty murky, and quite honestly I don't think Dom Davis is even a #2 in the NFL. Not sure why the Falcons were thinking he could be. If Ryan were to go down, our entire season would be ruined, not even salvageable.

Man, if Barkley or Nassib is sitting in at one of the Falcons #4 picks, or their #5, I hope they grab one or the other. The Falcons #2 QB spot behind Ryan is pretty murky, and quite honestly I don't think Dom Davis is even a #2 in the NFL. Not sure why the Falcons were thinking he could be. If Ryan were to go down, our entire season would be ruined, not even salvageable.

Wilson or Dysert later too. But yeah, always best to have a decent back up QB on deck because injuries always happen.

And am I the only one wondering if Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews didn't go back to school if Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson would have risen up draft boards the way they did?

Edited by NY Diehard

And am I the only one wondering if Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews didn't go back to school if Eric Fosher and Lane Johnson would have risen up draft boards the way they did?

Is there a question in this incoherent babbling?

It's pretty obvious what the question is and it's far from incoherent babble.

Your reading skills must be poor.

Edited by NY Diehard

And am I the only one wondering if Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews didn't go back to school if Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson would have risen up draft boards the way they did?

Nope. Matthews and Lewan were the next two OTs projected up top with Joeckel before they said they were going back to school. But Fisher and Johnson would of still gone top 20 easily.

Big fan of the once highly touted Damontre Moore as a top 10 pick before a pitiful combine, but I'm confident TC can get the most out of him. He obviously can sit and learn for a while if he's not ready to go from day 1.

However I know very little about John Hankins the OS DT we took in 2? Any Ohio State fans or college fans know anything more about this kid than the scouting rEports can tell me?

Big fan of how they are 20 and 21 though....they're young so have time to grow into their bodies more and learn more about their positions

Tampa Bay was 10th in passing this past season so why is everyone in that organization trying to put Freeman on notice?

Freeman put up solid numbers, but he was inconsistent throughout the season. With that being said, taking a QB in the 3rd round before addressing the defensive line is beyond stupid.

Jake Matthews is gonna rape babies. He should have come out.

I honestly think Glennon may have been avilable in the 4th too, which is what annoys me on top of the other things such as passing on DL/TE help. We have a 6'8 tree sitting on the bench lol.

Barkley looks like the perfect QB for Shurmur's offense. Although accuracy is a little meh...

But not for Chip Kelly's... This Philly offense might be a hell of a lot more boring than our Eagle fans are expecting.

^yea, it would seem as if Shurmur is gonna be running more of the show then we think.

Anyway, good picks by all these teams outside of the Jags. Bad bad bad.

I like the Ace Sanders pick for the Jags. :shrug:

Don't know too much about Spence, but he seems like he'll be a nice compliment next to McCoy. At least we finally addressed the defensive line.

Miami stacking up on LBs, pretty good selection.

Ace Sanders is bad because he hardly has any starter potential anywhere outside of special teams as a returner. Height/weight/speed is bad for a guy who's supposed to be explosive. Even his college production outside of a few highlights are meh.

Good pick by Tennessee too

Titans o-line is stacked.

Now CJ can't use the o-line excuse for him sucking. :troll:

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

We love shitty Olineman. Take a RT/G combo instead of a G/C combo like we should have. Damn it to hell.