Five or six years ago, I created this thread in a music forum. You state an opinion and the next poster replies with True or False and then states one of their opinions and so on.

This doesn't need to be only about music or anything. It can be movies, sports, etc. Pretty much anything that other posters on this site might have something to do about.

If you're posting about music but unsure if other posters will know about it, you can always provide an example video.

If you also want to provide reasoning for your choice, feel free to do so. However, "not my cup of tea" isn't a feasible reasoning.

Anyway, I'll kick-start things.

Keith Urban is a fantastic string musician.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Nobody's game? Damn.

You alienated us all when you began with country music.

All I said is that he's a fantastic string musician. Nothing about the genre he plays in.

Guest Phailadelphia

But no one here listens to Keith Urban regardless of how good (or bad) of a string musician he is, therefore alienation.

Ok I will bite.

I think he is ok. I think guys like Brad Paisley still bear the mantle for country music guitarists, that and his axes are way better.

True/False

Zakk Wylde is the best guitarist of the last decade.

Mega false.

Tom Morello, Buckethead, and Alexi Laiho are three guys I'd take over him.

T/F

Alanis Morissette is pretty badass.

I'll go with True. I find her music to be very fun.

T/F: Korn's new album will be the best they've put in years due to the return of Brian "Head" Welch.

I'll say True I have not like an Album Korn has put out in over 10 years. So by process of just the utter shit they have put out it shall be better.

T/F

Stevie Ray Vaughn was the better technical guitarist than Hendrix.

Absolutely true. While Hendrix had a fresh, unique sound, he was sloppy and at times difficult to listen to. I still don't understand why people love his performance of the National Anthem. It was hardly recognizable. Stevie Ray Vaughan was smooth even though he was playing some of the most difficult pieces I think I've ever heard.

T/F: Jim Croce was a fantastic guitarist.

• Upvote 1

False. I feel guilty saying this because nobody knows for sure. He had some songs that definitely allowed you to say that he had some serious talent. That said I guess it depends on your idea of fantastic. He really did nothing all that innovative and had not gotten to show off any flashy chops before he died and did not have any real banner songs as far as guitars go. His sounds was similar to Chuck Berry's but Berry had some songs that showed off what he was capable of. Croce died before the opportunity presented itself.

T/F Mark Tremonti is not only an underrated guitarist, but was much better with Alterbridge than Creed.

^ Definitely true.

T/F: John 5 is a severely underrated guitarist.

^ Definitely true.

T/F: John 5 is a severely underrated guitarist.

I'll say True based on what people have told me. I haven't really listened to any of his stuff, and I never was a Manson fan.

T/F: Alter Bridge is far and away the most unique and creative Modern Rock band, and is the most likely to be remembered for years to come.

It hurts me to say this because I am personally a huge fan of theirs. After losing my mother early when the song" In Loving Memory" came out I would listen to it for hours. I am a HUGEE Alter Bridge fan. However, when I talk to most people they think they are some sort of sequel to Creed and Creed's early success as overshadowed amazing albums like One Day Remains and Blackbird. So I must say false. In that they will be remembered for a while by a large group, but to unique I also cant say that because of some other bands, all they did was put out great music, which I guess by todays standard is unique, but anywho.

T/F Metallica just needs to quit, they have not put a decent album out since the mid 90's.

I'll say False. Death Magnetic really does have some amazing material.

T/F: Steve Earle is underrated.

Maybe that was too obscure country, but I'll just answer my own with True.

T/F: "In Waves" is one of the best songs Trivium has ever released.

False. Shogun is a much better song.

T/F Kiss belongs in the Rock N Roll HOF.

True because of their influence, but as far as what I personally think, they were just a gimmick band who made it big based on what they looked like more than their music, so False.

T/F: Killswitch Engage is much better with Jesse Leach.

True. With Howard Jones, they released the same album three times in a row.

T/F: Hurt is an underrated band.

So true.

T/F: James Hetfield is one of the greatest metal vocalists ever.

Edited by Vin

James Hetfield isn't even the best vocalist of the Big 4 >_>

That would go to Joey Belladona of course. :yep:

:nope:

T/F: Joe Satriani > Steve Vai