AllYouNeedIsLovie

Jamarcus Russell: Comeback?

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jamarcus Russell get another shot?

http://www.nfl.com/n...oad-to-comeback

It's one of our more persistent offseason storylines in 2013: JaMarcus Russell continues to lose weight as NFL teams continue to eye the progress with skepticism.

The latest report comes from NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, who passes along word Russell is

down 50 pounds to 265 pounds. That should help to satisfy NFL teams that reportedly wanted Russell todrop more pounds.

Russell's work to get back in shape and return to the NFL is laudable, but we still can't imagine any NFL team taking a shot at him. This league is all about second chances, but Russell might have permanently ruined all interest during his first tour of duty with the

Oakland Raiders. No amount of weight loss can cover that up.

The guy is down to 265 now so he obviously has been making a pretty big effort to get back in the league. Do you think a team should/will take a shot with him?

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

I think someone will and hope he does get another shot. Obviously he was having some problems with his personal life and it got out of control. He's making an effort to get back into football shape and it takes courage to try and reenter the NFL with how he exited; being proclaimed as the biggest #1 overall bust of all time.

He's always had the talent and is likely better than any camp body in the league. Why not give this dude a shot while hiring another arm for the offseason

I read that as conerback and I was laughing my ass off.

I'd rather see Brett Favre un-retire AGAIN and attempt another comeback before lolJamarcus!

556044_527488823964477_1719507914_n.png

• Upvote 1

Should he get another shot? Absolutely. Will he? Probably not...

Is it bad that I want Jamarcus Russell to succeed in the league now? I doubt it would happen, but you know how great of story that'd be?

Is it bad that I want Jamarcus Russell to succeed in the league now? I doubt it would happen, but you know how great of story that'd be?

why are we discussing Jamarcus Russell? Seriously?

It's not bad at all. The guy realized he made a mistake and is working hard to try and get back in the league. Losing 50 pounds is not an easy thing to do. I'm rooting for him to get a chance too.

• Upvote 1

The league is fine without him. I don't feel bad for saying that either.

• Upvote 1

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports free agent QB JaMarcus Russell is garnering significant interest from "more than one" team.

Rapoport explains no team wants to be associated with Russell at this point due to the circus-like atmosphere it would create. Russell has moved his training to Florida and hired Eugene Parker to represent him as he attempts to complete his comeback. If he fails to make an NFL roster, Russell will look to the CFL for an opportunity.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Him making a roster, even if it's buried on the depth chart, would be cool to see.

He probably will be signed before the year. He won't be a savior to a franchise but a backup forsure. He was picked #1 for a reason. A team like a Cleveland or Buffalo or Jacksonville could benefit from having him as depth. Besides are the QBs those teams have to work with really that much better than him? (Besides Buffalo since they have their savior EJ)

2w1wfx4.jpg

Russell was just lazy with ZERO work ethic and didn't want study film. He fell asleep in team meetings..the QB was SLEEPING during meetings? He blamed it on sleep apnea. You know what one of this biggest correlations sleep apnea is? Being fat. - 300 lbs QB fat. There was a story that coaches sent home with a DVD of plays to study one weekend. Upon his return, he was asked his opinion of the plays. He replied that they looked good. The DVD was blank! He was clearly more interested in diamond earrings, fur coats and food than playing football. So he has nobody to blame but himself! If he succeeds more power to him, but I don't see it happening.

• Upvote 2

2w1wfx4.jpg

Russell was just lazy with ZERO work ethic and didn't want study film. He fell asleep in team meetings..the QB was SLEEPING during meetings? He blamed it on sleep apnea. You know what one of this biggest correlations sleep apnea is? Being fat. - 300 lbs QB fat. There was a story that coaches sent home with a DVD of plays to study one weekend. Upon his return, he was asked his opinion of the plays. He replied that they looked good. The DVD was blank! He was clearly more interested in diamond earrings, fur coats and food than playing football. So he has nobody to blame but himself! If he succeeds more power to him, but I don't see it happening.

Lmfao at that pic. If there is any validity to that blank dvd, that had to be an epic facepalm moment.

• Upvote 1

Lmfao at that pic. If there is any validity to that blank dvd, that had to be an epic facepalm moment.

LMFAO....tell me about it! But seriously there was an article in the L.A. Times about that! Could you imagine the look on the Coaches faces? Talk about Epic! LOL! :facepalm:

LMFAO....tell me about it! But seriously there was an article in the L.A. Times about that! Could you imagine the look on the Coaches faces? Talk about Epic! LOL! :facepalm:

hfoKIjn.jpg

• Upvote 1

A smart front office wouldn’t want ANYTHING to do with a player whose career was derailed (in part) by an affinity for drinking codeine syrup. Not my kinda guy....JaMeatloaf Russell will never take another snap in the NFL. :indifferent0023:

Personally I would love to have him on my team as the 3rd teamer learning from the starter and developing his talent. If given a tough structure around him he should succeed

Free agent JaMarcus Russell is reportedly "more than open" to signing with a CFL team if he doesn't get an NFL chance in the next 30 to 45 days.

Russell has shed 50 pounds, returning to the 265 mark he entered the league at way back in 2007. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport says more than one NFL team now has "significant" interest, but added that there's plenty of interest from the CFL. Russell, who made roughly $39 million during three seasons with the Raiders, has clearly been humbled. He's being tutored by Jeff Garcia and Marshall Faulk, and is on the way to finally shedding his well-deserved "lazy" label.

2w1wfx4.jpg

I love the attention to detail on the stretch marks on his stomach. Nice touch by the designer.

Everyone deserves a second chance and if he works hard for it, why not? Guys like Pacman Jones have been given 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chances.

I don't watch any CFL unless its on and nothing else is. But wouldn't be funny to see Tebow vs Russell in the Cfl championship? Haha

• Upvote 1