Dutch

Which WR age 25 and under will have the better 2013 season?

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR age 25 and under will have the better 2013 season?

• A.J Green
    • Dez Bryant
    • Julio Jones
    • Demaryius Thomas
    • Percy Harvin
    • Randall Cobb
    • Antonio Brown
    • Josh Gordon
    • Torrey Smith
    • Cecil Shorts
    • Danario Alexander

For me, Green edges Thomas and Bryant because I think the former will have a whole lot more competition for targets and I kind of doubt that Dez will be healthy all year.

A.J Green is also a more polished receiver than both of those guys too in my opinion. The other guys win most match ups due to them athletically outmatching their competition as to where A.J Green is athletically gifted and runs way better routes.

Out of all those dudes Julio is the most talented and to be honest it isnt close. So I am going with Julio.

False?

To say that he's more talented than the rest of that list, and that it isn't close, is ridiculous. He's not more talented/athletic than either Dez or Green.

Everybody else is pretty much a tier lower than those three, though. I'll give you that.

Adriel Jeremiah Green is the second best receiver right now in my opinion.

Since the start of last season only one wide receiver has more receiving yards then D. Thomas and that's megatron. Right now I will take the DTrain over anyone but megatron

Adriel Jeremiah Green is the second best receiver right now in my opinion.

No wonder he goes by AJ. I would tend to agree though...

Since the start of last season only one wide receiver has more receiving yards then D. Thomas and that's megatron. Right now I will take the DTrain over anyone but megatron

I'll bet you would take a D train. Not surprised at all.

• Upvote 1

just laying down the facts that the only receiver who has more yards then DT is the best receiver in the league. You should know, you watched him smoke your defense

just laying down the facts that the only receiver who has more yards then DT is the best receiver in the league. You should know, you watched him smoke your defense

Find a receiver in the last two weeks who hasnt and I would be more impressed than you finding one who had.

I am not sure you are aware yet, but our defense is pretty shitty. Will be for a couple of years. It is not like you beat the Ravens defense from 2 or 3 years ago.

And I am relatively sure you did not read my comment correctly. You would have understoo it has nothing to do with football.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Thomas is hard pressed to crack the top 10. lolCrash!

I would of said AJ Green. I would pull for Julio though, because hes the reason my homeboy in college chose to go to Alabama to play QB. And Julio is a beast. For some reason though, theres just something that makes me feel Julio isnt above Green or near his potential. Julio has the speed, size and play to be a top WR. Somethings missing though.

. AJ Green has looked every bit of that talent he showed at GA. In the next year, if Fitz keeps slowing down, i think hed take the #2 spot. AJ and Fitz can fight for the 3rd spot for now.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

Guiz, volume stats definitively settle arguments about player worth.

Thomas is a reasonable choice given his ability as a pass catcher and playmaker. But you often do this thing where you throw out raw volume stats and act like they're definitive. Makes it very hard to take you seriously. I think you're smart enough to know that they don't really prove much. The situation and opportunity has to be considered (like having Peyton Manning throwing you passes versus Andy Dalton). Having a good QB in a good offense certainly does nothing to disqualify Thomas, but it does raise the possibility that his numbers could surpass those of receivers elsewhere that are actually playing better. I believe this to be the case for A.J. Green.

Back in 2011 with Tebow as his QB, Thomas tied for 63rd in the league with 4 touchdowns. I'm guessing that if I told you back then those those numbers made him the 63rd best receiver, you'd have a lot to say about circumstances and opportunities. And you'd have been right. By that same token you can't now just throw out his TD numbers and act as though that proves anything. The posters on this board are too smart for that. Kind of like when you tried to tell people that Derek Wolfe's rookie year was as good as J.J. Watt's because of their volume stats. In your quest to shove Bronco players down people's throats you discredit yourself.

• Upvote 1