DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason thread

Seems like T-Mac is way older than 34. He even just looks old as shit.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Lamar Odom was arrested for "driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs" early Friday morning, according to TMZ.

According to the report, he was pulled over in the San Fernando Valley at 3:54 a.m. for going too slow, and did not respond to cops, driving past three exits before finally coming to a stop. Odom "failed numerous field sobriety tests" and when he was booked, he "refused all chemical tests." It's been a disastrous offseason for Odom with this news and additional reports of "hardcore" drug abuse. Aug 30 - 11:24 AM

Source: TMZ

Drummond's girlfriend is the blond girl from ICarly. Weirdest couple I've seen in a while. One looks like a man child, and the other looks like a 12 year old.

72794fe8114511e382d422000a9e516a_7.jpg

Not sure how I missed it but I like the trade the Knicks made for Andrea Bargnani, he should produce a lot better than in Toronto with a better team around him. Shame Camby was apart of that trade but he is old now and can never seem to stay healthy for too long.

When did that happen? Because I'd say he's been in the top 10 pretty easily for 2-3 years now. Before that, yeah you deserved to be ridiculed.

Guest Phailadelphia

Shortly after the Thunder's season ended in 2013.

I've thought Westbrook's a top 10 player for a while. Who was giving you shit for that?

My top 10 would be

1. LeBron obviously

2. Durant

3. CP3

4. Rose assuming he is the same player he was before the injury

5. Westbrook

6. Kobe Bryant

7. James Harden

8. Carmelo Anthony

9. Dwight Howard

10. Dwyane Wade

Edited by BradyFan81

I don't buy Westbrook as a top 5 player in the league. I have no problem with him in the top 10 though.

What I do have a problem with is TP in the top 5. He's not a top 5 player, and I honestly don't think he's a top 10 player.

Guest Phailadelphia

I want to see Tony Parker play in a system similar to what Rose, Westbrook, and CP3 have played with in their careers. TP has literally the perfect system surrounding him for his playstyle. He would have to be absolutely terrible to not succeed in it, and I don't say that to take anything away from Parker. He's great. I just wonder if the comparisons to others are fair based on how easy Pop makes it for him and his teammates.

On Derrick Rose's "Best player in the league" comments:

The best player in the league doesn't abandon his teammates when he can return with damn near a third of the NBA season left. He doesn't watch them over perform in the playoffs and not return.

Rose might have missed his best Finals chance, because that team brought it. With him, they'd have given Miami a better fight.

I've lost all respect for Derrick Rose and hope he never gets a ring.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What I'm looking forward to this season:

People wondering about whether LeBron will leave

People wondering about whether Durant will leave in 2016 (Thunder gonna start off slow)

People wondering whether LeBron is capable of winning a championship (it happened last year)

And most of all:

Hearing Bware pick every underdog to win every game and say that the underdog was a much better team even though they lost by 40 points and that the refs screwed them over because they're incredibly biased and the refs have never called a foul on the Heat at any point ever.

On Derrick Rose's "Best player in the league" comments:

The best player in the league doesn't abandon his teammates when he can return with damn near a third of the NBA season left. He doesn't watch them over perform in the playoffs and not return.

Rose might have missed his best Finals chance, because that team brought it. With him, they'd have given Miami a better fight.

I've lost all respect for Derrick Rose and hope he never gets a ring.

While I wish Rose was with us when we played Miami, and I agree with you that we might have had a better chance to beat them, that's really stupid thing to say.

Rose is without a doubt our best player, and when healthy, a top 10 player in the league. Nobody else on our team is close to as important to Chicago Bulls as he is. In the long run, I would let Rose sit out that entire year because let's face it: even with Rose, we would not have passed Miami in the playoffs. Let him fully rehab his knee. If the extra time off means that he will go a full few years without getting injured again, I'd much rather let the team die without him that year than risk him getting hurt again.

Saying that you lost all respect because he doesn't play means to me that you don't know how important he is to this team. We had no chance last year even with Rose, no point in risking him for "giving a better fight to Miami".

-1, Bware.... -1

Guest Phailadelphia

NBA Season is almost here... EVERYBODY GET HYPE!! :D

YEZZIR! So excited I actually got up at 8am on Saturday morning to watch OKC play FNB.

Winless for Wiggins. If we get him and a top ten pick in this class and Noel turns out to be something the Sixers could be in a good place soon with some cap to sign an impact FA. Kind of nuts but we have to win the lottery first.

Outside of the anticipation I have for the Pistons' expected clusterfuck of an offense, I am also looking forward to seeing the Rockets this year.

A lot of interesting stuff going on there.

Will the big three stay together? If LeBron did decide to leave where would he go? I think if he came back to Cleveland he could win with Kyrie, Verajao, and Bennett. Maybe they could make some other moves to go along with it. Could he come to Philly to play with Wiggins or to wherever Wiggins goes? What about Bosh and Wade?

Lol at the Clippers covering up the Lakers banners for their home games. If it pisses you off go get some of your own.

The Washington Wizards, trying to strengthen their hand for a playoff push in the Eastern Conference, have acquired center Marcin Gortat from the Phoenix Suns, sources close to the talks told ESPN.

Sources said the deal sends Gortat and guards Shannon Brown, Malcolm Lee and Kendall Marshall to the Wizards for the expiring contract of veteran big man Emeka Okafor and a protected 2014 first-round pick (to No. 12).

Guest Phailadelphia

The Wizards are going to be FUN this year.

Guest Phailadelphia

The Thunder continue to be terrible without Westbrook, which should not be THIS much of an issue considering Scott Brooks had all summer to design plays without him. I don't know that he's going to keep his job next year. This is inexcusable.