Sign in to follow this  
Bucman

E3 Week

Oh and The Division looks amazing. Ubisoft are killing it...

Yeah, this game looks fucking awesome. The realism is astounding. You have to appreciate even the small things like 3:30 when he's crouching and walking closing the cop door that's slightly ajar. Online teamwork, elite pve mobs, group buffs, and pvp action?? I am so copping this game. :yep:

Microsoft's new TOS lol:

PPhtJAI.png

Screw Microsoft.

That Metal Gear Solid V gameplay looked pretty dam sweet. New trailer tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

I Know. :( I can dream though. Love me some Square. Even if they have shit down my throat more times than I can count.

You got your wish. Kingdom Hearts 3 will be launched on the Xbox One.

still in love with KH's soundtrack <3

Some cool stuff (mainly from yesterday). Most of this has probably been seen, but Imma post it anyway:

The Last of Us (Launch trailer) -

MGS V (Director's Cut trailer) -

Beyond: Two Souls (Not really liking where this is going, but it's Quantic Dream, so...) -

Quantic Dream tech/engine demo -

Dragon Age: Inquisition (teaser) -

Final Fantasy XV (Wonder how much the rebranding is going to change the story, if at all) -

FFXV (battle gameplay. JRPG voice acting is so bad) -

FFX/X-2 remaster trailer (this one's just as bad as the last combined X/X-2 trailer) -

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (trailer. Spoilers for the first game, obviously) -

LoS 2 gameplay -

The Evil Within (teaser) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwJ0yS0pfaw

TEW (gameplay) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PhYh36H6-U

The Order: 1886 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fNa55oZSsY

Can't wait for The Last Of Us...only a few more days now :panic:

• Upvote 1

The Dragon Age shit was like, expert trolling. Get everybody all excited to let us know that it wasn't gonna come out for another like, 9 million years. Fuck EA. >_>

• Upvote 1

The Dragon Age shit was like, expert trolling. Get everybody all excited to let us know that it wasn't gonna come out for another like, 9 million years. Fuck EA. >_>

Eh. Realizing how awful the last DA was, I will let them take their time as long as we get a solid product.

Edited by Favre4Ever

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-dark-souls-ii-the-veteran-and-the-victim

Dark Souls earned its infamy by living up to its slogan, “Prepare to Die.” A merit badge to some and an unfathomable piece of masochism to others, the game made its mark by marrying the unrelenting difficulty of the 8-bit generation with an obtuse suite of systems and mechanics that were never overtly explained to the player. Some gamers relished this fresh experience, while others couldn’t comprehend why anyone would submit themselves to such torture. In such, it’s no surprise that this pairing still exists as the heart and soul of Dark Souls II, Namco Bandai’s eagerly-awaited follow-up.

After revealing the first look at the gameplay back in April, we were finally given the chance to get our hands on a small slice of the game, which included a short dungeon followed by an intensely impressive boss encounter. But instead of just having a single take on the demo, we decided to tackle the game from two very different perspectives. One IGN editor braved through the series and views it as one of the most remarkable achievements of this generation, while the other has never even given thought to kindling a bonfire. Here’s what they thought.

Marty Sliva, Associate Editor

I spearheaded the IGN Wiki for the original Dark Souls back in 2011. After a few endless days of completely hating my job, I eventually grew to appreciate, respect, and ultimately love the world that FromSoft had created. So it’s no surprise that I was eagerly awaiting the chance to get my hands on Dark Souls II, and I’m happy to report that it’s everything fans of the series have hoped it would be. I immediately felt at home with my premade Sorcerer, who came equipped with an ancient chunk of driftwood capable of delivering new magic attacks such as a rainfall of fiery meteors and a gigantic, holy energy sword.

Though it took a minute or two to regain my sea legs, I quickly slipped back into the conservative mindset I had created back in 2011. Dark Souls is all about fearing and respecting every single encounter, and the sequel is no different. The combat was every bit as methodical as I remembered, and the new enemy types such as a large, armored, bi-pedal turtle proved to be perfectly capable of abruptly ending a play session. A few twists on the formula, such as carrying torches to illuminate darkened halls and enemies that could smash through pieces of the environment, helped keep the same sense of discovery that existed throughout the original game.

Richard George, Executive Editor

My experience with Dark Souls was basically limited to watching our 24-hour live stream long ago and wondering why the people playing it were being such cowards. So, to ease myself into the experience, I tried a demo station that had 'god mode' turned on. I figured I'd get a feel for how the game worked, how its mechanics were structured, and I jokingly told Marty to let me know when I would have ordinarily died.

I think I started to realize the severity of the game when Marty told me I would have died within the first minute or so of play, and then I managed to technically die anyway, by falling off a cliff during combat.

So, basically, I died in 'god mode'. Is there an Achievement for that?

Dark Souls II is certainly no joke. I watched one journalist struggle, in god mode, for a good 30 minutes trying to defeat the Mirror Knight boss. Unlimited health and that beast was still one hell of an obstacle. My own experience wasn't exactly much better. I realized how critical my stamina was. I figured, before playing, that the Dark Souls experience was a balance of offense and defense. I'd just block until I had an opening. But that's not possible. Playing defense will get you killed. Go figure. Talking to Marty, as he noted time and time again that I would have died (I think we stopped counting after a while), he told me that it wasn't just about offense or defense, but proximity and distance. And it was about dying.

Marty Sliva

Oh man, that Mirror Knight. Fans of the series know that one of the most enjoyable parts of a Souls game is finding out what fresh hell the developers have concocted, and with the Mirror Knight, they did not disappoint. Once I made it through the demo’s castle, I stepped through that familiar fog and appeared at the top of crumbling tower, and damn if it didn’t look amazing. Between the fantastic architecture and a raging storm, it was as visually impressive as any game from this generation. But I only had a second to take in the sights, because immediately the boss came charging towards me.

The Mirror Knight resembled a larger, shinier version of the statue guards that adorned the halls of Anor Lando, but with one major addition. He wielded a massive, reflective shield that he would occasionally plant into the ground. Upon doing this, a figure of a trapped soul appeared in the glass, pounding on the surface as if it was incased in a prison. Eventually the struggle led to the shield shattering, and out came a tortured warrior that you’d have to fight with alongside the Knight. In short, it was the first of what will hopefully be many unforgettable boss encounters in DSII.

Rich George

Dark Souls II, a brutally old-school, hardcore game, is about dying as much as it is living. You're basically expected to die, so that you observe your struggle, your failure, and learn from it. You die against a turtle when you attempt to attack it from behind. Now you know to never do that again. It's unforgiving, but that's the whole point.

I think I get the point of Dark Souls. But I also think the people who love it and the people who make it are probably insane. That's kind of cool though. It's certainly bold to head that direction when everything is about being bigger while being more accessible and mainstream. It takes a lot of guts to not care about that.

These are the countries that will have Xbox One that supports Xbox Live at launch.

Australia

Austria

Belgium

Brazil

Canada

Denmark

Finland

France

Germany

Ireland

Italy

Mexico

Netherlands

New Zealand

Norway

Russia

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

United Kingdom

United States

Sony = Arnold

Microsoft = Cops

*scanning* Human Casualties: 1.0 (Microsoft Corporation)

:smug:

Edited by Sarge
  • Upvote 1

Whicher 3?? Yes please?? Probably the first game I'm gonna cop.

...nvm... looks like it won't be coming out till next year....

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

E3 in a nuthsell:

BNTnV3V.gif

Wow. Just wow.

Desperate Microsoft is.