RANGA

PS4 vs XBOX One - Summary of Features To Date

All in one place:

comprehensive_8th_generation_console_comparison_by_yamamoto114-d667kw7.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thx brah. PS4 wins. The only downside is that Spark and Ryse are Xbox exclusive. Both games looked awesome.

Edited by dutchff7

I don't think Kingdom Hearts is a PS4 exclusive, they didn't say it was. Probably won't come out for Xbox though.

These are actually cheaper than I thought they would be. I was thinking they could be any where from 600-700+

PS4 definitely wins in price and the whole game sharing/selling/etc.

I think XBox wins in that it looks like it's exclusive games are the tits.

I don't know really anything about the hardware/signal/software stuff so I have no opinion there.

I do like that XBox Live can be shared throughout the house. But does that mean that if I am at school my XBox live will only work at school or where ever I sign up for my XBox Live?

Well it does look like Kingdom Hearts is a Ps4 exclusive title.

Also if you live in Asia you won't see Xbox One till sometime next year.

The use of the DDR3 pretty much demonstrates MS's ambition to make the XB1 a multimedia, multipurpose machine.

The PS4 is actually a stronger machine, lol, at least overall. For cheaper.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Sony kinda sorta lied last night.

Sony has said it will not dictate a DRM policy on PlayStation 4, leaving the door open for third-party publishers to implement a range of anti-pre-owned measures. -- From interview today.

Sony kinda sorta lied last night.

Sony has said it will not dictate a DRM policy on PlayStation 4, leaving the door open for third-party publishers to implement a range of anti-pre-owned measures. -- From interview today.

If those publishers notice how angry everyone is about that anti-pre-owned stuff, maybe that will work itself out anyways. But like who would count as third-party publisher? Also, wouldn't a lot of the pre-owned stuff be within the system itself?

Turns out that is really a none story. Its only going to be for online passes and redeemed codes.

FFXV and KH3 won't be Sony exclusive. PWND. The ORder really intrigues me, but not enough to get a PS4.

FFXV and KH3 won't be Sony exclusive. PWND. The ORder really intrigues me, but not enough to get a PS4.

Lol

And the xbone is still an over priced, muddied with bullshit rules and regulations Shit box. PWND.

:p

Lol

And the xbone is still an over priced, muddied with bullshit rules and regulations Shit box. PWND.

:p

Exclusive titles are a huge deal. If FF and KH were Sony exclusives, I WOULD have bought a PS4. They aren't and they no longer have given me a reason to get it based on the gaming front -- which is what I buy consoles for.

MS could erase a lot of that extra cost be eliminating the dogshit kinect. That'd be so nice. The sharing games option is definitely a bummer, but they are reportedly reviewing the policy already... Checking into online won't really be an issue for me... Losing internet for more than 24 hours would definitely suck, but there probably won't be too many instances where I lose internet but still have power...

We'll see how MS responds, if at all, to Sony owning E3.

• Upvote 1

Exclusive titles are a huge deal. If FF and KH were Sony exclusives, I WOULD have bought a PS4. They aren't and they no longer have given me a reason to get it based on the gaming front -- which is what I buy consoles for.

MS could erase a lot of that extra cost be eliminating the dogshit kinect. That'd be so nice. The sharing games option is definitely a bummer, but they are reportedly reviewing the policy already... Checking into online won't really be an issue for me... Losing internet for more than 24 hours would definitely suck, but there probably won't be too many instances where I lose internet but still have power...

We'll see how MS responds, if at all, to Sony owning E3.

Lol

Just messin' bro...more power to ya with which ever system you choose...

Yea, at this point, unless if all my friends opt out to the PS4, there's virtually almost no reason to go with it outside of the price at launch. The whole "spying" thing to me is going way overboard (but that's cause I really don't care).

A lot of the games I thought wouldn't be on the XB1, are on it. And no way in hell am I ready to say bye to the HALO series. Sony dominated with it's press conference and the triple KO announcements, but MS kinda sneakily wiped the floor with actual games. Granted, we haven't seen, IDT, all the games the exclusives Sony is gonna have to offer early on.

The thing with MS is that they pretty much increased an already arguably unmatched online gaming experienced by going from 15,000 servers to 300,000 servers. Even with all the great deals you get on PSN, it's very possible that the XB1 will still have the better online experience. And while the PS4 will have a lot of indie designers, etc, MS has already thrown a ton of wads of cash at new studios that are gonna be making what looks like high budget games from the little 5 second snippets.

Not to mention the stranglehold that they had already on third party developers with the exclusive deals you get on games, etc. I still kinda love the fact that it's go the potential to be more then just a box to play games.

The whole obvious nickel and dimming to death in the face of the consumers by MS is pretty annoying though, and if anything that might cause me to switch if nothing else. All depends on what the Xbox Live membership and advantages are.

It's still up in the air, and will be till it's actually time to buy one of the two, but XB1 still has my heart at this point. Take the good with the bad I guess. lol.

Microsoft started the Indie Game boom, lol. Granted, they've turned off a lot of well known Indie Developers with their strict guidelines, but they have shown an immense amount of dedication to this group of developers and hopefully they get that back with the XBone

Thx brah. PS4 wins. The only downside is that Spark and Ryse are Xbox exclusive. Both games looked awesome.

Eh. Changed my mind about Ryse. The combat seemed pretty weak. Majority of the combat sequence was just pressing a button that the game told you. Easy mode. The fighting wasn't fluid either. There was a pause between each action waiting for the player to press the button that the computer scripted.

Microsoft started the Indie Game boom, lol. Granted, they've turned off a lot of well known Indie Developers with their strict guidelines, but they have shown an immense amount of dedication to this group of developers and hopefully they get that back with the XBone

Actually Steam did.

On consoles.

Steam and PC gaming blow both of these consoles out of the water. Nobody likes a smart ass, bro.

On consoles.

Steam and PC gaming blow both of these consoles out of the water. Nobody likes a smart ass, bro.

We'll see, Xbox does have some good Indie games, but PS3 does too.

Given Sony is going to allow them to be freely published they will probably get more games. Sony lost with not getting KH3 as an exclusive, but only one FF is going to be on both systems.