KempBolt

Build Your Dream Team

I think this is a good mechanism for gauging fan opinions on players not from their own teams. Pick a scheme on defense and specify. Feel free to have players fit in at positions other than what they're playing at this moment.

I'm going with a one gap 3-4 for my defense.

Quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay: Even with the young talent entering the league, he's still the gold standard in my opinion. Arm talent, mobility, acumen, track record- it all speaks for itself.

Running Back, Adrian Peterson, Minnesota: This will be a boring position, but how can anyone go a different direction?

Running Back 2, C.J. Spiller, Buffalo: In lieu of a fullback, I'm going with a change of pace RB. Spiller's elusiveness is unparalleled and he's an amazing receiver out of the backfield.

Tight End, Rob Gronkowski, New England: I think there are some warranted concerns about his back long term, but as for now no one can touch him as a dual threat blocker/receiver.

Wide Receiver 1, Calvin Johnson, Detroit: The league's best true "X" receiver. Another boring selection to be sure.

Wide Receiver 2, Percy Harvin, Seattle: The perfect compliment to Calvin Johnson. Having these two, plus Gronk on one team would force defenses to guard all levels of the field equally.

Left Tackle, Duane Brown, Houston: Brown is the only player on my line from a primarily zone blocking scheme, but I see no reason why he couldn't play in any system. Well rounded and consistent- it's hard to find a better option.

Left Guard, Marshall Yanda, Baltimore: Yanda's feet are about as good as it gets among guards in the NFL. Rare pass pro for the position, and reliable in the running game. Useful as he can pull and trap with the best of them.

Center, Mike Pouncey, Miami: Mike has outplayed his brother in recent seasons in my opinion. For me, he narrowly beats out Mangold who had something of a down season (by his standards).

Right Guard, Carl Nicks, Tampa Bay: After missing most of last season, Nicks is something of a forgotten man. But if he returns to pre-2012 form this year, he's still the best guard in the league.

Right Tackle, Joe Staley, San Francisco: There are better pass protectors in the league, but few can touch Staley as a run blocker. His ability to get push in the ground game makes him a fit to switch sides on my dream team.

Right Defensive End, J.J. Watt, Houston: It just doesn't get any more dominant than this.

Nose Tackle, Geno Atkins, Cincinnati: This is a weird pick, but I think Atkins could dominate at NT in a Wade Phillips style 1 gap 3-4 (the way Ratliff thrived at one time).

Left Defensive End, Calais Campbell, Arizona: I can see the argument for Justin Smith here, but I think Campbell is still ascending, while Smith is on the downhill slope.

Right Outside Linebacker, Von Miller, Denver: Miller's ability to rush the passer from the edge is unparralleled, and he isn't a one trick pony either.

Right Inside Linebacker, Patrick Willis, San Francisco: Excels in all facets with no true weaknesses in his game.

Left Inside Linebacker, Brian Cushing, Houston: I was tempted to just go with Bowman here, but Cushing is a do-everything stud and his impact was revealed by the Texans' defensive issues while he was injured.

Left Outside Lineback, Clay Matthews, Green Bay: I love players who thrive in all aspects of their position. Matthews can rush the pass rusher the best of them, but he's also a capable run defender and solid in coverage.

Cornerback 1, Richard Sherman, Seattle: As much as he annoys me, I can't think of anyone who is as good in both zone and man coverage.

Cornerback 2, Darrelle Revis, Tampa Bay: The only reason I've bumped him to #2 is the lost season. He may well still be the best once he returns to action.

Free Safety, Jarius Byrd, Buffalo: For my money, Byrd is the best pure cover safety in the NFL.

Strong Safety, Eric Weddle, San Diego: Weddle's known for his coverage, but he's also one of the best in the league at coming down into the box and stopping the run or blitzing the QB.

Recap...

AFCW: 2

AFCS: 3

AFE: 4

AFCN: 2

NFCW: 5

NFCS: 2

NFCE: 0

NFCN: 4

• Upvote 1

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB1: Adrian Peterson

RB2: Jamaal Charles

WR1: Calvin Johnson

WR2: AJ Green

TE: Rob Gronkowski

LT: Duane Brown

LG: Jahari Evans

C: Max Unger

RG: Carl Nicks

RT: Joe Staley

3/4 D

LDE: JJ Watt

NT: Haloti Ngata

RDE: Justin Smith

ROLB: Von Miller

RILB: Patrick Willis

LILB: Daryl Washington

LOLB: Aldon Smith

CB1: Darrelle Revis

CB2: Richard Sherman

FS: Earl Thomas

SS: Eric Weddle

4/3 D

DE: Cameron Wake

DT: Gerald McCoy

DT: Geno Atkins

DE: Jared Allen

ROLB: Von Miller

MLB: Patrick Willis

LOLB: Lance Briggs

FS: Earl Thomas

If I had to pick a defense, I'd go with the 3-4 one.

QB: Aaron Rodgers, :Packers:- The best QB in the game. He can make every throw that all the other elite QBs can make but he's also very mobile. He throws the most accurate spiral ball on the run. It's a thing of beauty.

RB: Adrian Peterson :Vikings:- We are witnessing an all time great in the making. http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65282-adrian-peterson-a-legend-is-born/

RB 2: LeSean McCoy :Eagles:- Amazing running talent in this league and one of the best receiving threats at his position. He's a miss match nightmare.

TE: Vernon Davis :49ers:- Gronk is an amazing talent but is too hurt for my liking. Davis is a tremendous talent and having that type of speed and athleticism at this position on an all star team would be devastating for defenses to defend.

WR: Calvin Johnson :Lions:- Can't argue with his production. He imposes defenses with his god gifted abilities athleticism with speed, jumping ability and his big body.

WR 2: Larry Fitzgerald :Cardinals: - My favorite WR in the league. Larry Fitzgerald is the true epitome of the WR position. He's the most complete receiver in the league. He's a route technician and can run all the routes, he has the best hands in the league (hands down), insane acrobatic jumping ability (people tend to forget that with the emergence of Megatron), and can block well. He may not have have great straight line speed but he can beat you deep. His speed is deceptive speed on the field.

LT: Duane Brown :Texans:- Pre injury, I'd take Jason Peters who was the best LT in football. The jury is still out if he can still play at that elite level.

LG: Evan Mathis :Eagles:- Very underrated and played at a high level last year when no one else on the Eagles line did.

C: Nick Mangold :Jets:

RG: Jahri Evans :Saints:

RT: Sebastian Vollmer :Patriots:

Defense 4-3

LE: Cameron Wake :dolphins:- An underrated beast

DT: Geno Atkins :Bengals:- best DT in football

DT: Brandon Membane :Seahawks:

RE: Von Miller :Broncos:

LOLB: Luke Kuechly :panthers:- I know I'm stretching here with him being a rookie but I simply love this kid and believe his potential through the roof. So this is a potential pick but logically unbiased side told me to go with Navarro Bowman.

MLB: Patrick Willis :49ers:- Best MLB in the game.

ROLB: Clay Matthews :Packers:

CB 1: Darrelle Revis :Bucs:- Still the best cornerback in football until proven other wise. I said the same thing about A.P last year.

CB 2: Richard Sherman :Seahawks:

FS: Jarius Byrd :Bills:- Extremely underrated and usually isn't mentioned in discussions of top safeties in the league.

SS: Eric Weddle :Chargers:- Going to have to agree with Kemp here. Weddle is the best and most efficient tackling safety in the league and I believe he would transition to SS with ease.

Special Teams: Kickers and Punters are people to you know.

Kicker: Blair Walsh :Vikings:- Outstanding rookie year. He made 10/10 field goals over 50 yards; amazing.

Punter: Andy Lee :49ers:

Kick Returner: Percy Harvin :Seahawks:

Punt Returner: DeSean Jackson :Eagles:

Division Break Down

AFCN-1

AFCS-1

AFCE-4

AFCW-2

NFCN-5

NFCS-3

NFCE-3

NFCW-7

Edited by dutchff7

I couldn't narrow it down in spots, so I just decided to include my 45 man game day roster. I have a few guys playing out of position, but it would not worry me in the slightest. I have depth, for situational rotations. My defense would be the 3-4, with a fully capable Nickle Package. Also, in reality I would drop a running back or two, and pick up another safety, but like I said, I could not choose between the bottom 2-3. I also I realize I am very heavy on Seattle, and while Unger(run blocking up middle) and Wagner(3rd on depth chart)may well be stretches, my homerism was not intentional.

QB:

Aaron Rodgers Packers

Drew Brees Saints

Russal Wilson Seahawks

RB:

Adrian Petterson Vikings

Marshawn Lynch Seahawks

CJ Spiller Bills

Trent Richardson Browns

MJD Jags

WR:

Calvin Johnson Lions

Andre Johnson Texans

Larry Fitzgerald Cardinals

Percy Harvin Seahawks

Steve Smith Panthers

TE:

Vernon Davis 49ers

Gronk Patriots

OC:

Max Unger Seahawks

Chris Myers Texans

OG:

Mike Iupati 49ers

Marshal Yanda Ravens

OT:

Russell Okung Seahawks

Duane Brown Texans

Ryan Clady Broncos

Joe Staley 49ers

DT:

Geno Atkins Beangals

Vince Wolfork Patriots

Gerald McCoy Bucs

Haloti Ngata Ravens

DE:

JJ Watt Texans

Calais Campbell Cardinals

Ziggy Ansah Lions

Jared Allen Vikings

ILB:

Patrick Willis 49ers

Brian Cushing Texans

Bobby Wagner Seahawks

OLB:

Vonn Miller Broncos

Aldon Smith 49ers

Clay Mathews Packers

CB:

Darrelle Revis Bucs

Richard Sherman Seahawks

Brandon Browner Seahawks

Charles Tillman Bears

SS:

Eric Weddle Chargers

FS:

Earl Thomas Seahawks

K:

Janokoski Raiders

P:

Shane Lechler Raiders

KR:

Percy Harvin

PR:

MJD

Edited by 12th Man

PR:

MJD

Definitely Seahawk heavy lol. But that's fine because it's your own Dream Team. But the only thing that I'm confused about is MJD at returning punts?

Definitely Seahawk heavy lol. But that's fine because it's your own Dream Team. But the only thing that I'm confused about is MJD at returning punts?

If I kept him on the roster it would be the only way he'd get on the field, really didn't think about that one, just knew I'd have Harvin as KR. In reality, I'm not sure if it's worth the risk to have Harvin out there returning kicks for the Hawks every Sunday.

Dream Team 2.0

QB: Drew Brees :Saints: You can't argue with Drew Brees numbers in the last 4-5 years. He trumps all QBs with his statistical production. He airs it out.

RB: Jamaal Charles :Chiefs: Probably doesn't get as much recognition as he deserves. The man just had the lowest YPC average of his career; 5.3 yards. He makes the most of his carries and has throughout his career. He's a gasher.

RB 2: Marshawn Lynch :Seahawks: Beast mode.

WR: A.J Green :Bengals: My second favorite WR in the league. This kid is a special talent and already is a top 5 WR. He plays the game so smooth and makes everything look easy. He game is very fluid.

WR 2: Brandon Marshall :Bears: I opted to go with Dez Bryant but I want to have receivers with different skill sets. Brandon Marshall (underrated) is a beast and is very dangerous when he gets the ball in his hands. So is Dez but Brandon Marshall is a great possession receiver that will eat you up between the numbers and moves the chains very well.

TE: Jimmy Graham :Saints:

LT: Ryan Clady :Broncos:

LG: Marshall Yonda :Ravens:

C: Max Unger :Seahawks:

RG: Carl Nicks :Bucs:

RT: Joe Staley :49ers:

Defense 3-4

RDE: J.J Watt :Texans:

NT: Haloti Ngata :Ravens:

LDE: Justin Smith :49ers:

LOLB: Aldon Smith :49ers:

LILB: Daryl Washington :Cardinals:

RILB: Navarro Bowman :49ers:

ROLB: Demarcus Ware :Cowboys:

CB 1: Patrick Peterson :Cardinals: I really like this kid. He is easily the most athletically gifted CB at his position. Elite speed, recovery speed / acceleration, outstanding ball skills, agility, soft hand but just needs to clean up his technique a bit. Once he does that, I think he can become the best corner in football.

CB: Brandon Flowers :Chiefs:

FS : Earl Thomas :Seahawks:

SS: Reshad Jones :dolphins:

Special Teams

Kicker: Sebastian Janikowski :Raiders:

Punter: Shane Lechler :Raiders:

Kick Returner: Jacoby Jones :Ravens:

Punt Returner: Patrick Peterson :Cardinals:

Edited by dutchff7

I liked Razor's (?) idea where you could only pick one player per team.

I liked Razor's (?) idea where you could only pick one player per team.

That's a cool idea.

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Packers

RB: Adrian Peterson, Vikings

RB2: Jamaal Charles, Chiefs

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Patriots

WR1: Calvin Johnson, Lions

WR2: Brandon Marshall, Bears

LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Jets

LG: Marshal Yanda, Ravens

C: Alex Mack, Browns

RG: Carl Nicks, Buccaneers

RT: Eugene Monroe, Jaguars

RDE: J.J. Watt, Texans

NT: Geno Atkins, Bengals

LDE: Calais Campbell, Cardinals

ROLB: Von Miller, Broncos

RILB: Patrick Willis, 49ers

LILB: Sean Lee, Cowboys

LOLB: Cameron Wake, Dolphins

CB1: Richard Sherman, Seahawks

CB2: Cortland Finnegan, Rams

FS: Jarius Byrd, Bills

SS: Eric Weddle, Chargers

QB: Aaron Rodgers :Packers:

RB1: Adrian Peterson :Vikings:

RB2: Jamaal Charles :Chiefs:

WR1: Calvin Johnson :Lions:

WR2: Larry Fitzgerald :Cardinals:

TE: Rob Gronkowski :Patriots:

LT: Duane Brown :Texans:

LG: Marshall Yanda :Ravens:

C: Mike Pouncey :dolphins:

RG: Carl Nicks :Bucs:

RT: Joe Staley :49ers:

LDE: JJ Watt :Texans:

NT: Haloti Ngata :Ravens: (a 3-4 DE but I have to put him here)

RDE: Justin Smith :49ers:

LOLB: Clay Matthews :Packers:

LILB: Daryl Washington :Cardinals:

RILB: Patrick Willis :49ers:

ROLB: Von Miller :Broncos:

CB1: Richard Sherman :Seahawks:

CB2: Darrelle Revis :Bucs:

FS: Jairus Byrd :Bills:

SS: Eric Weddle :Chargers:

K: Blair Walsh :Vikings:

P: Andy Lee :49ers:

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB1: Adrian Peterson

RB2: Jamaal Charles

WR1: Calvin Johnson

WR2: AJ Green

TE: Rob Gronkowski

LT: Joe Thomas

LG: Mike Iupati

C: Nick Mangold

RG: Marshal Yanda

RT: Sebastian Vollmer

4/3 D

LDE: Cameron Wake

UT: Geno Atkins

NT: Nick Fairley

RDE: Jared Allen

Will: Lavonte David

Mike: Patrick Willis

Sam: Von Miller

FS: Dashon Goldson

If I kept him on the roster it would be the only way he'd get on the field, really didn't think about that one, just knew I'd have Harvin as KR. In reality, I'm not sure if it's worth the risk to have Harvin out there returning kicks for the Hawks every Sunday.

That's just it though, MJD sucks at returning punts. He was good in college at it, but in the NFL he was never able to field balls cleanly on a consistent basis. That's why he's only got a total of 15 punt returns in his whole career. He's only been asked to do it when guys got hurt, etc. He's a much better KR. Actually, Harvin would be the better PR choice and MJD the better KR.

I'll create a my dream modern day Run and Shoot offense.

X.........LT.LG.C.RG.RT...........Z

......W................................Y

......................QB...RB

QB: Ben Roethlisberger

-His uncanny ability to extend plays is perfect for the Run and Shoot considering that this offense is constantly blitzed against. There's no other quarterback in the league better suited for this offense IMO.

X: Mike Wallace

Z: Steve Smith

-Both Wallace and Smith can take the top off of a defense with their speed, and both are smart at quickly finding the holes in defensive coverages. I also like giving Roethlisberger a familiar target with Wallace.

W: Wes Welker

Y: Percy Harvin

-Arguably the two best inside slot receivers in the business today. Having both Harvin and Welker on the field would absolutely give defenses fits! One on ones with a linebacker will make for easy pickens.

RB: Arian Foster

-As you will see below I will be incorporating a zone-blocking scheme with the offensive linemen, and there's no better ZBS back in the NFL today than Foster and his amazing vision to see the cutback lanes. He also has great hands as a receiver and can bail Roethlisberger out with screen plays.

OFFENSIVE LINE (Zone-blocking scheme)

LT: Duane Brown

LG: Wade Smith

C: Chris Myers

RG: Max Unger

RT: Russell Okung

Great group of o-linemen here perfect for the scheme, and cut blocking could give Roethlisberger more time to stand in the pocket and dissect defenses.

Welp there you have it. This is my dream offense with current NFL players.

• Upvote 1