Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Johnny Manziel Tweets He Can’t Wait to Leave Texas A&M

It's all a matter of perspective, I suppose. It must be hard to walk with a silver spoon shoved up your ass.

Eh I know it really wasn't that long ago for me, but if I went back to being 20 and I just came off of winning the Heisman trophy and on top of the college football world I'd probably be a bit of an entitled douche myself.

Still no excuse for his stupidity, but it's just a different perspective to look at. He definitely has got some growing up to do...

I can't say I blame him for feeling the way he does. Considering he might have been the #1 overall pick if he were draft eligible, it's easy to see how he feels like his next few years at Texas A&M are pointless.

He's not an entitled douche because of his college success, he was one before that. His parents are rich.

• Upvote 2

So his first tweet insults A&M fans and the second ropes in everyone else. Then the personal attack. I'd say Johnny Football did much better when he was under the same gag rule as other freshmen. Still not a fan of his, but then again, I've hated A&M for years.

He's fun to watch play, but this kid needs a reality check. Walk a day in his shoes? The guy is catered to, his parents are absolutely loaded. Pressure from the media or not, I'm sure 90% of guys his age would be willing to swap shoes with him and go for a long walk. He's going to get a reality check sooner or later. To me he takes as just another college superstar who probably won't be able to make the jump into the pros. His reality check is coming.

Being a loud mouth guy who voices himself on twitter certainly won't help his cause as he continues his football career. The more and more I see athletes on twitter, the more I wish they would just not even log on there. It's starting to seem like a rare occasion to see a star athlete getting good out of being on there.