BC

Who has bigger season? Lacy or Ball?

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who puts up the bigger numbers this year?

• Eddie Lacey, Green Bay Packers
    • Monte Ball, Denver Broncos

Legitimate question asked by NFL.COM

Edited by BC

Ball.

Lacy sucks, but Ball is from Wisconsin. Default win for the Packer.

Both should be in time shares this season, so as long as Lacy is healthy I'd go with him. He's significantly more talented.

Ball.

As a franchise, Denver is going to be more likely to commit to the run. Lacy, I'm not sold on at all. You can't fix lazy. I can't imagine that's going to go over well in GB.

Ball is going to benefit from McGahee's departure. He's also a 3 down back, which will appeal to Denver and will provide more opportunities on top of lack of competition. I don't believe the same can be said of Lacy.

Ball.

As a franchise, Denver is going to be more likely to commit to the run. Lacy, I'm not sold on at all. You can't fix lazy. I can't imagine that's going to go over well in GB.

Ball is going to benefit from McGahee's departure. He's also a 3 down back, which will appeal to Denver and will provide more opportunities on top of lack of competition. I don't believe the same can be said of Lacy.

How is Lacy lazy?

Doug Martin....

lol..just playin round, I'll go with Lacy!

I recall the media calling Lacy lazy after his pro day. They observed him getting winded during drills and decided that if the guy didn't care enough to get into tip top condition for his pro day, he must not be very driven. But I take issue with that.

The whole reason why Lacy's pro day was so late in the process was because he was trying to get past a hamstring injury. You can't rest a hamstring and work out at the same time. It makes perfect sense to me that he was behind the 8 ball in terms of cardio after trying to give his leg enough rest to be able to perform.

It's also telling that there was not a single mention of laziness in any report done on him anywhere until that happened. He was one of the most talked about prospects of the 2013 draft and played on the highest profile stage in the country, and not one mention of it. If he really had laziness issues there would have been something somewhere.

I think the reality is that the media, probably purposefully, misconstrued the events of his pro day in order to have a story to talk about during the craziness the precedes the draft.

I honestly don't feel either will produce all that well and I think Ball sucks. Lacy is more talented, but Denver as a unit has a better run blocking Oline and Ball's best attribute might be his vision. Plus he's probably gonna get more caries unless if Lacy completely outperforms the other rookie in preseason and TC.

So Ball.

Ball without a doubt. He's the perfect RB for the Broncos offense. He didn't get to show much of his receiving ability at Wisconsin but he catches the ball like a WR and runs pretty good routes for a RB. Denver is going to push the hurry up this year and with guys like Julius Thomas/Virgil Green, Tamme, and Ball being able to split out, teams will have trouble stopping the pass if they come out in a base defense, if they come out in nickle or dime, Manning will audible to a run with Ball. Ball is going to be on the field a lot, the only way he doesn't is if Hillman steps it up this year and he very well may.

So if he didn't get to show much as a pass catcher at Wisconsin, how do you know Ball run routes and catches passes like a wide receiver?

Lacy will get about 50 carries before he gets hurt, that's if he makes it out of camp which his Alabama brethren have not been able to do

Ball without a doubt. He's the perfect RB for the Broncos offense. He didn't get to show much of his receiving ability at Wisconsin but he catches the ball like a WR and runs pretty good routes for a RB. Denver is going to push the hurry up this year and with guys like Julius Thomas/Virgil Green, Tamme, and Ball being able to split out, teams will have trouble stopping the pass if they come out in a base defense, if they come out in nickle or dime, Manning will audible to a run with Ball. Ball is going to be on the field a lot, the only way he doesn't is if Hillman steps it up this year and he very well may.

Hillman is actually the perfect RB for a up tempo passing offense

Wow! You guys have TWO perfect fits for your offense?! Crazy how you guys can know that seeing as how the players have 85 NFL carries and 10 NFL receptions between them to date.

So if he didn't get to show much as a pass catcher at Wisconsin, how do you know Ball run routes and catches passes like a wide receiver?

Everytime he caught the ball at Wisconsin it was with his hands and away from his body like WRs are taught to and it hasn't changed here in Denver. I didn't say he runs routes like a WR, I said he runs pretty good routes for a RB. He split out a couple times a game when Wilson was there. He looked very good for a RB, much better than Moreno and Hillman did when they split out last year imo.

Edited by SolomonGrundy

Hillman is actually the perfect RB for a up tempo passing offense

I don't think he's as good at catching the ball and I don't think he'll be able to deal with any type of press coverage. He's a bit faster and can be cause problems for LBs though. I just don't see him being able to carry the load but I can definitely see him and Ball alternating drives.

So long as Lacy can stay healthy, I think it's him. I think Ball will be in more of a time share than Lacy will be in for Green Bay.

Ya, I think Lacy's health is the big factor. Mike McCarthy has been VERY excited during camp this year... Not necessarily how Lacy has looked (because let's face it, a lot of rookies look great right now), but he is getting excited just thinking about how the offense will be changing.

The Packers view Lacy as an every down back who is full capable of blocking and running routes/catching passes.

He will get every opportunity to tote the load. Now, everyone here knows I was not super excited about the Lacy pick.. Still not, really. But Ball is bad. lol. Even if Lacy is sub-par, he should still be able to easily beat Ball's 3.0 YPC production and occasional TD vulture-like abilities.

Wow! You guys have TWO perfect fits for your offense?! Crazy how you guys can know that seeing as how the players have 85 NFL carries and 10 NFL receptions between them to date.

Get off your high horse. A speed back who can run in between the tackles is a perfect RB for a high tempo spread offense obviously.

Ya, I think Lacy's health is the big factor. Mike McCarthy has been VERY excited during camp this year... Not necessarily how Lacy has looked (because let's face it, a lot of rookies look great right now), but he is getting excited just thinking about how the offense will be changing.

The Packers view Lacy as an every down back who is full capable of blocking and running routes/catching passes.

He will get every opportunity to tote the load. Now, everyone here knows I was not super excited about the Lacy pick.. Still not, really. But Ball is bad. lol. Even if Lacy is sub-par, he should still be able to easily beat Ball's 3.0 YPC production and occasional TD vulture-like abilities.

Ya cause Lacy is so much faster and he's so durable with his 150 carries as a feature back, really tough guy while ball has 900 carries without missing any game while Ball has a career average of 5.3 and 2 years over 6 yards a carry. The only reason people don't like him is because of his school which is beyond dumb to me, a school doesn't dictate a persons heart and drive. TD didn't run a fast 40 or have a exceptional "burst" and he was one of the best running backs of all time

Edited by Crash

Ya, because college success always translates to pro success. And you act like Ball having 1000 carries on him already is a good thing. Sounds like his career will be over before he hits age 26, to me.

These Broncos fans :facepalm: Ball is not a good receiver, there is a reason why James White and Gordon were always the backs used in the passing game. I was a big fan of Montee Ball, but how many carries he got and the lack of burst will not lead to a good career.

Montee Ball went up against B10 defenses for the most part. Not exactly the best competition, lol.

Ya, because college success always translates to pro success. And you act like Ball having 1000 carries on him already is a good thing. Sounds like his career will be over before he hits age 26, to me.

This is a uneducated assumption most people think. In fact it's almost a arrow that points to Ball being more successful. AP, Matt forte, ray rice and daren sproles all had that amount of carries if not more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1