AllYouNeedIsLovie

How many games do the Broncos win in 2013?

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do the Broncos win in 2013?

I'm going to go with 13 or more. IMO, they are the most talented team in the NFL and IIRC, they have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this year. As long as Peyton stays healthy, this will be a very scary team.

They won't win as many as people think. Injuries and inflated expectations will keep them at a solid 11.

• Upvote 1

If all the 'foot on the gas' talk is more than just talk, 13 games at the very least. Easy schedule, offense will be better, defense should be stout. Unless they end up doing something stupid like letting Clady sit for a whole season, it shouldn't be a problem.

I say 11. This team is loaded with talent and have the capability of winning 13+, but the injury bug could hit at any minute. Plus, teams are gonna be gunning for them now. They had an easy schedule last year, too, so that isn't really a huge factor to me.

Peyton is known for taking his foot off the gas late in seasons, and he's getting old for an NFL QB. I kinda expect some irratic play from him this year. Some weeks he'll look like the old Peyton, while other weeks he'll just look old.

• Upvote 1

I'm not so certain that their schedule is all that easy. Ravens, @Giants, @Cowboys, @Colts, Redskins, @Patriots, and @Texans are all going to be tough games. And the Chargers and Chiefs should each be better than they were a year ago. I say 11 wins.

I give them 12+ wins....offense is built to destroy the regular season, the defense has Von Miller.

I'll use the rule of persistence and say the same as last year. Not much seems to have changed internally. I don't think too many teams are on the same offensive talent level in the AFC (the addition of Welker will add another challenge), and I think they have more than enough on D to keep them tough.

For what it's worth, only 4 times since 1990 has a team gone 13-3 or better in consecutive seasons. The Bills did it in 1990 and '91, the Packers did it in 1996 and '97, and the Patriots did it twice in '03 through '04 and then again in '10 though '11.

So it's statistically improbable. Right around 9% of the teams that achieve 13-3 or better manage to hit 13 wins again the next season. It can be done, but a lot has to go right.

For what it's worth, only 4 times since 1990 has a team gone 13-3 or better in consecutive seasons. The Bills did it in 1990 and '91, the Packers did it in 1996 and '97, and the Patriots did it twice in '03 through '04 and then again in '10 though '11.

So it's statistically improbable. Right around 9% of the teams that achieve 13-3 or better manage to hit 13 wins again the next season. It can be done, but a lot has to go right.

Interesting....

And I will take it a step further too.

Twice before last season a Manning led team went 13-3.

1999 Colts: 13-3 (Playoffs one and done)

2000 Colts: 10-6 (WC team, Playoffs one and done)

2007 Colts: 13-3 (Playoffs one and done)

2008 Colts: 12-4 (WC team, Manning MVP, playoffs one and done)

2012 Broncos: 13-3 (Playoffs one and done)

2013: ?

Interesting....

And I will take it a step further too.

Twice before last season a Manning led team went 13-3.

1999 Colts: 13-3 (Playoffs one and done)

2000 Colts: 10-6 (WC team, Playoffs one and done)

2007 Colts: 13-3 (Playoffs one and done)

2008 Colts: 12-4 (WC team, Manning MVP, playoffs one and done)

2012 Broncos: 13-3 (Playoffs one and done)

2013: ?

? probably equals 10-12 wins.

But I felt it was worth looking into when I read that line about "the rule of persistence."

I see only 1 or 2 teams that will be tough but I see no challenges in the AFC. I wish we played more NFC teams so that we could have more of a fight. At least 13 wins throwing in luck to some of our opponents

• Downvote 2

If you ask Crash, they go 19-0 and crush all opposition.

I just go off of the talent on the team. It's not my fault Elway has built one of if not the best team in the league.

Edited by Crash
  • Downvote 1

I see only 1 or 2 teams that will be tough but I see no challenges in the AFC. I wish we played more NFC teams so that we could have more of a fight. At least 13 wins throwing in luck to some of our opponents

That's strange since you lost just this last season to the Ravens, Patriots, and Texans. Perhaps they're the ones that should view you as "no challenge" since they vanquished you so recently. You also needed a Norv Turner debaclation to bail you out of a Chargers game when you were down by 24 points at the half. You play all of those teams again in 2013.

You're ignoring what just happened in 2012 and what has happened in the NFL in general in the past with these projections and your attitude towards the AFC. Definition of a homer.

• Upvote 1

But I felt it was worth looking into when I read that line about "the rule of persistence."

:shrug:

Eh, I was just referring to the minimal changeover that occurred within the starting roster. Don't know much about the coaching staff, but overall they don't seem to have changed too much from the inside.

Something else I hadn't considered at the time was the projected SOS, which has Denver with the easiest slate of games this year.

:shrug:

Eh, I was just referring to the minimal changeover that occurred within the starting roster. Don't know much about the coaching staff, but overall they don't seem to have changed too much from the inside.

Something else I hadn't considered at the time was the projected SOS, which has Denver with the easiest slate of games this year.

There was no offense meant by that. It just made me curious enough to look.

I believe the supposed weak SOS might be overblown. They have to play all three AFC teams that they lost to in 2012 and the division should be better than it was a year ago. In any case, repeating a 13 win season is rare, and seeing "no challenges" in the entire AFC is foolish.

There was no offense meant by that. It just made me curious enough to look.

I believe the supposed weak SOS might be overblown. They have to play all three AFC teams that they lost to in 2012 and the division should be better than it was a year ago. In any case, repeating a 13 win season is rare, and seeing "no challenges" in the entire AFC is foolish.

There will certainly be challenges, but few teams are as equipped in the AFC to deal with them as the Broncos are...at least right now on paper. Come Kickoff, everything changes.

That's strange since you lost just this last season to the Ravens, Patriots, and Texans. Perhaps they're the ones that should view you as "no challenge" since they vanquished you so recently. You also needed a Norv Turner debaclation to bail you out of a Chargers game when you were down by 24 points at the half. You play all of those teams again in 2013.

You're ignoring what just happened in 2012 and what has happened in the NFL in general in the past with these projections and your attitude towards the AFC. Definition of a homer.

We lost by 3 points to both the texans and falcons, 10 by the pats. All 3 of the games were at the beginning of the season before the team got in to its grove. Many changes were made mid season that made us better. Tracy porter got sick and that put Harris into the starting role which is great cause Harris is twice as good as porter, we went from a zone team at the beginning of the year to mainly a man to man defense which is when our defense really turned into the monster it was last year and we acquired trindon Holliday after week 5. This year we will be mostly a man defense with a lot more pressure and we will be running one of the faster offenses in the league. All the teams we lost too know they got lucky because there are obvious things to point to that helped them win last year and lets be honest the chargers that showed up week six for the first half were not the chargers, the second half team was.

That's not saying that we won't have a challenge, the bengals scare the crap out of me, Washington is very talented and the giants at home will be tough but outside of that I don't see a opponent we can't match up with.

I'm not ignoring what happened in 2012, I'm seeing what teams did to us that won and putting the pieces in that we got this year to answer those problems. JJ watt gave us trouble on the right side so we signed one of the top guards in the league, Torrey smith basically won the ravens the playoff game by outrunning champ so we signed a 4.3 corner who can jam him and run downfield with him better, Our overall talent is better then NE so I don't see them as the powerhouse they have been at least not this year.

Edited by Crash

We lost by 3 points to both the texans and falcons, 10 by the pats. All 3 of the games were at the beginning of the season before the team got in to its grove. Many changes were made mid season that made us better. Tracy porter got sick and that put Harris into the starting role which is great cause Harris is twice as good as porter, we went from a zone team at the beginning of the year to mainly a man to man defense which is when our defense really turned into the monster it was last year and we acquired trindon Holliday after week 5. This year we will be mostly a man defense with a lot more pressure and we will be running one of the faster offenses in the league. All the teams we lost too know they got lucky because there are obvious things to point to that helped them win last year and lets be honest the chargers that showed up week six for the first half were not the chargers, the second half team was.

That's not saying that we won't have a challenge, the bengals scare the crap out of me, Washington is very talented and the giants at home will be tough but outside of that I don't see a opponent we can't match up with.

I'm not ignoring what happened in 2012, I'm seeing what teams did to us that won and putting the pieces in that we got this year to answer those problems. JJ watt gave us trouble on the right side so we signed one of the top guards in the league, Torrey smith basically won the ravens the playoff game by outrunning champ so we signed a 4.3 corner who can jam him and run downfield with him better, Our overall talent is better then NE so I don't see them as the powerhouse they have been at least not this year.

You lost by 6 to the Falcons and Texans. And you're acting like you're the only team in the league that potentially got better.

As to the statement in bold- why then did you say that you don't think anyone in the AFC will pose a challenge?

You lost by 6 to the Falcons and Texans. And you're acting like you're the only team in the league that potentially got better.

As to the statement in bold- why then did you say that you don't think anyone in the AFC will pose a challenge?

I said I saw 1 or 2 tough games, which is actually 3. The bengals are the only tough team I forgot to mention in the AFC. Yes other teams got better but outside of denver and Seattle is there a elite team that really got better? Do I wish we played tougher opponents? Yes I wish we had a division like the NFC west that just were knock out fights but outside of one or two teams their are no physically tough teams in the AFC anymore

Edited by Crash

I said I saw 1 or 2 tough games, which is actually 3. The bengals are the only tough team I forgot to mention in the AFC. Yes other teams got better but outside of denver and Seattle is there a elite team that really got better? Do I wish we played tougher opponents? Yes I wish we had a division like the NFC west that just were knock out fights but outside of one or two teams their are no physically tough teams in the AFC anymore

Bullshit. All of it.

You said "I see no challenges in the AFC."

No physically tough teams outside of one or two? Ludicrous. If the Broncos are as foolishly overconfident as you are, I'll enjoy watching them get pushed around and punched in the mouth.

• Upvote 1

If the Broncos are as foolishly overconfident as you are, I'll enjoy watching them get pushed around and punched in the mouth.

But you know they aren't, that's why going 13-3 again is very realistic.

But you know they aren't, that's why going 13-3 again is very realistic.

Not statistically probable. I'm sure they'll win the division again, but a regression of 1-2 games would be normal.

I just have to laugh at homers who spend their offseason convincing themselves that no one can play with their team. It's actually to their detriment because reality can be nothing but a disappointment. A very solid 11-5 season and PO berth wouldn't meet the lofty expectations of crushing all the AFC teams who "are no challenge" and "aren't physical." Give me a break.

Bullshit. All of it.

You said "I see no challenges in the AFC."

No physically tough teams outside of one or two? Ludicrous. If the Broncos are as foolishly overconfident as you are, I'll enjoy watching them get pushed around and punched in the mouth.

I think they're going to be super confident and super pissed because they lost to a team they shouldn't of lost too. They're going to come out with serious swagger and thump people all year. Name more then 3 teams in the AFC that could even compete with just the physicality of the NFC west? The AFC is not what it used to be, the steelers have gotten softer, the jets are a powderpuff and even Baltimore isn't going to bring the same physical team to the game. The power has shifted and the NFC west is turning into what the AFC north used to be and at one time the AFC west once was.

Fans can be confident because we don't play the games and a player can be massively confident as long as he has a big time work ethic. Do you not think guys like revis or CJJR are overly confident at every second of their lives? They just work themselves to death and that's a big part of how Elway has drafted, he doesn't bring in mentally soft players