Phins4life

What Might Have Been...

From a month ago (Draft/UFA bust thread):

For the Seattle Seahawks:

Draft: One probably should go with Owen Gill. He was Seattle's first selection in 1985. He was cut in training camp.

But in terms of ruinous impact, it has to go to Dan McGwire:

mcgwire.jpg

It was Ken (Wormtoungue) Behring's final twist of the knife in Chuck Knox' career. Chuck wanted to draft Brett Favre to replace David Krieg. Ken overruled Coach Knox telling him, "I've SEEN McGwire play!" Of course we were to compound that CF of a draft pick by taking Rick Mirer two years later. That one win in Foxboro sure was worth it!

Favre was definitely the toughest ever considering the injuries he did sustain and started every game for 17 years straight is beyond commendable. Favre is a warrior.

• Upvote 1

Here is a good one for you. Robert Edwards Rookie Running back for New England. The article I just read said he blew out his knee during a flag football game which is highly possible but I thought it was an achilles and it was during a football game at the beach.

Anyone else remember this guy and the actual incident. I just remember him going to the pro bowl and then never hearing from him again. What a pure disappointment that was.

I thought I knew who you were talking about, so I google'd the name to make sure, and I was, he destroyed his knee (one article I found said he had injuries to all four ligaments and extensive nerve damage, Wikipedia says he almost had to have the leg amputated) playing in the rookie beach game, a flag football game during Pro Bowl week, that was the last year they had a rookie beach game

Brett Favre was like one of the healthiest players in Nfl history...

You mean he was one of the toughest playing through injury after injury.

Edit: missed your post, dutch.

Edited by Bay

This one's for you dutch! I'm sure you would agree....

Jerome Brown DT, Philadelphia Eagles, 1987-1992

2jdkyms.jpg

Brown had Hall of Fame career written all over him. And was poised to be a permanent fixture on the defensive front line for the Eagles for years to come! An indestructible player taken way before his time. Such a shame. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowJe00.htm

• Upvote 1

I'm not being a condescending prick when I correct people who think tebow was the team when more props should go to the defense and too Matt prater. What was tebows regular season record? What were his passing numbers? Not even close to mannings I can tell you that. I couldn't care less about their playoff record especially since every single player except one let us down against Baltimore, not just manning so I don't care about playoff record. Tebow is a bum at QB and will be out of the league in 2 years if he doesn't change positions while Peyton is a HOF. Get the hell out of here with that playoff record crap it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

That is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I have heard come up in a football discussion...ever. How do you win Lombardi's ? Is it by flashing stats and regular season records ?

Please you know damn well if you would have won the SB you would be touting playoff records like it was the end all be all.

Edited by Ngata_Chance
  • Upvote 1

That is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I have heard come up in a football discussion...ever. How do you win Lombardi's ? Is it by flashing stats and regular season records ?

Please you know damn well if you would have won the SB you would be touting playoff records like it was the end all be all.

People are acting like we may have won a Super Bowl with tebow cause he has a better playoff record as a bronco then manning. I don't care what tebows record was he was never going to lead us to the Super Bowl while that very thing could happen this year with manning. People try to use their playoff records against each other like tebow was a better option LOL, I'll pass and take what happened last year with manning over tebow

No one on here is saying that Tebow is a better option. The point is, despite getting Peyton Manning, you went just as far as when you had Tebow. Peyton is a choke artist in the playoffs, always has been.

Barry Sanders is the biggest for me. He never had a team. It was always him carrying the load. Had he had a REAL QB, there'd be no debate about who the GOAT of RBs is

As mentioned in earlier posts:

vf8ghf.jpg

#21 Baby! 4Ever a Skin!

• Upvote 1

I guess from the news today we can add this guy... I thought he was going to be a stud in the NFL.

Jahvid+Best+St+Louis+Rams+v+Detroit+Lions+332-lTtWj4Hl.jpg

Fucking concussions...

Edited by FartWaffles

Well, well, well. If no one else is gonna take this one, here you go Bay:

Screen-shot-2013-02-27-at-1.16.19-AM.png

Garrison Hearst would have been an absolute stud had he not have blown out his knee in camp as a rookie. He was an absolute stud in college, and once he hit the pro's he didn't let something silly like a little completely blown out knee before he ever saw any game action keep him down. He still managed to rush for over 1,000 yards multiple times, and in his first year to go over 1,100 yards—at the ripe old age of 27, he's still the only player to ever do it his first time that late—he ran for 1,500 yards and 5.1 per carry.

Poor Garrison, and poor Cardinals. Aaaahhh, yes. What might have been.

• Upvote 1

Skimming through NFL.com I stumbled upon this...perfect timing or what?

Most Memorable Careers Cut Short

Definitely a few that got left out, but there were a couple I hadn't even thought of. I never even realized Stephenson got cut short.