BwareDWare94

Predict Your Team's Regular Season

Screw it.

Chiefs - W (Aw yeah)

@ Raiders - W

@ Seahawks - L

Colts - L (Lose at home. Beat them at their place.)

@ Rams - W

@ Broncos - L

Chargers - W (I might go to this game. Dunno yet)

49ers - L (Probably going to be a close, ugly game. Because Wembley)

Bye

@ Titans - L

Cards - W

@ Texans - L (Screw you, Battle Red Day. Though I don't even think we rank high enough for the Texans to use it on us anymore :( )

@ Browns - L

Texans - L

Bills - W

Titans - W

Colts - W

8-8

Edited by Vin

Week 1 - @Steelers - L

Week 2 - @Texans - L

Week 3 - Chargers - W

Week 4 - Jets - W

Week 5 - Chiefs - W

Week 6 - @Seahawks - L

Week 7 - 49ers - L

-Bye-

Week 9 - @Rams - W

Week 10 - Jaguars - W

Week 11 - Colts - W - I say we split the series, so I'm just going to give both teams wins at home

Week 12 - @Raiders - W

Week 13 - @Colts - L

Week 14 - @Broncos - L

Week 15 - Cardinals - W

Week 16 - @Jaguars - W

Week 17 - Texans - L - I could easily see this becoming a win if the Texans have already locked up a spot and are sitting people, but if the Texans have something to play for I don't think we can beat them

9-7, seems reasonable, though admittedly it may be on the high end of realistic possibilities

That's why I went with approximations. I guess 4500 is more feasible for Romo if he stays healthy. There's another 500 yards to play with, and 800 yards to spread out for a bunch of players who aren't going to see a lot of passes isn't too bad. Let's put Austin down to 900 yards, because I'll just assume he doesn't stay healthy. There you are, 1000 yards to play with.

I typed this up with about 10 minutes at my disposal and threw some stuff out there that I don't think is absurd. Now that I've got some time and adjusted it, does it sound too bad?

sounds a lot more reasonable, I gues the fact that you attempted to predict individual statlines made me think a bit more thought had gone into it than actually had, and ftr, I didn't think any of those numbers were absurd individually, just the combination of the four seemed unreasonable

Week 1 vs Dolphins - W

Week 2 @ Ravens - L

Week 3 @ Vikings - L

Week 4 vs Bengals - L

Week 5 vs Bills - W

Week 6 vs Lions - W

Week 7 @ Packers - L

Week 8 @ Chiefs - W

Week 9 vs Ravens - L

Week 10 BYE

Week 11 at Bengals - W

Week 12 vs Steelers - L

Week 13 vs Jaguars - W

Week 14 at Patriots - L

Week 15 vs Bears - L

Week 16 @ Jets - W

Week 17 at Steelers - L

7-9

I'm a little flabbergasted at the entire season thread. While I think it sounds kind of fun and might give it a shot, I think we can start small with our favorite teams, the teams we know inside in out. List up to 2 team posts, but keep them separated to avoid excessive post length, because I know we all follow at least two teams fairly well. The posts may be long, but try to forego block paragraph explanations.

COWBOYS

1. Win vs. NYG (31-21)--I don't like the way the Giants are looking right now. (1-0)

2. Loss @ KC (21-17)--The Chiefs will be much improved with a better QB and a real coach. (1-1)

3. Win vs. STL (28-17)--The Rams aren't going to be as good as people think. Not yet, but soon. (2-1)

4. Win @ SD (34-14)--The Chargers have some work to do. (3-1)

5. Win vs. DEN (24-21)--The Cowboys always have success against Peyton Manning. (4-1)

6. Win vs. WSH (28-20)--The Redskins, and mainly Griffin and Morris, will come down to Earth. (5-1)

7. Loss @ PHI (21-20)--The Eagles will surprise with some home wins, even if they aren't a playoff contender. (5-2)

8. Win @ Det (27-10)--Much like last year, the Lions will struggle against good defenses. (6-2)

9. Loss vs. Min (20-14)--The Vikings will sport a much improved Christian Ponder, and AP will dominate (6-3)

10. Win @ NO (17-14)--In a surprisingly low scoring matchup, the Cowboys pull it off with a late TD. (7-3)

11. BYE

12. Win @ NYG (24-20)--As I said, I don't like what the Giants have done, and I don't think Nicks and Cruz match up well with Carr and Claiborne. (8-3)

13. Win vs. OAK (34-7)--Oakland is terrible. McFadden will be injured by then. The Raiders are hopeless. (9-3)

14. Win @ CHI (24-14)--The Bears won't be the same with Lovie and his staff. (10-3)

15. Loss vs. GB (30-20)--The Packers need a win, and get one. (10-4)

16. Loss @ WSH (20-14)--The 'skins need a win, and get one (10-5)

17. Win vs PHI (30-13)--Dallas avenges an early season loss to the birds. (11-5, 1st NFC EAST)

For once, I'm feeling it with Dallas. I haven't been truly confident in them for several years, and they look to be the best team in their division as of now.

But that's why they play the games.

Notable Stats (approximations):

Romo: 4000 YDs, 30 TDs, 12 INTS

Dez: 1400 YDs, 15 TDs

Austin: 1100 YDs, 8 TDs

Witten: 1200 YDs, 2 TDs

Murray: 1150 YDs, 6 TDs

Ware: 14 sacks, 4 FFs

Spencer: 12 sacks, dominant against the run

Claiborne, 6 INTs, 2 return TDs

Players to watch out for:

Terrence Williams, Dwayne Harris, Bruce Carter, Barry Church

I'll post the Vikings later.

Sweeping the Giants. Beating the Broncos. And winnig at Nawlins?

No healthy pass rush outside of Ware, an offense line that will have trouble keeping Romo upright, and opening in Prime Time vs the Giants at the house that Eli built? Idk, 4-0 at Giants Stadium South!

Bold.....Pass that good stuff!

:coffee: wait forgot I'm reading a Cowboys fans post in the preseason

lol, I put that in there because I live in North Jersey and might possibly go to SB 48. I'm not predicting the Pats to go to SB 48, you stupid fuck.

Nice cover. :thumbup2: So convincing!

Nice cover. :thumbup2: So convincing!

How is it a ''cover''? I've been wanting to go SB 48... for like 3 years now (when it was revealed that MetLife would host). You know, since the Meadowlands is only about 15 minutes away from me. Doesn't matter if the Pats make it or not, I want tickets regardless since it could be my only chance of attending a SB.

Your assumptions are pretty funny, though. Haven't made one single prediction on how the Pats would do in the postseason this year. It'd be pretty dumb to considering this team is completely different from last year's squad. Last offseason, I predicted they'd lose to Houston in the AFCCG. I did eventually predict them to go to the SB, but it was the week before the AFCCG vs. Baltimore. So yeah, I could predict them to go to the SB, but it might be awhile before that happens. As of right now, the jury is out. :shrug:

How is it a ''cover''? I've been wanting to go SB 48... for like 3 years now (when it was revealed that MetLife would host). You know, since the Meadowlands is only about 15 minutes away from me. Doesn't matter if the Pats make it or not, I want tickets regardless since it could be my only chance of attending a SB.

Your assumptions are pretty funny, though. Haven't made one single prediction on how the Pats would do in the postseason this year. It'd be pretty dumb to considering this team is completely different from last year's squad. Last offseason, I predicted they'd lose to Houston in the AFCCG. I did eventually predict them to go to the SB, but it was the week before the AFCCG vs. Baltimore. So yeah, I could predict them to go to the SB, but it might be awhile before that happens. As of right now, the jury is out. :shrug:

I don't know where you live, man. You gotta understand that I said it because of what it looks like it's implying.

I don't know where you live, man. You gotta understand that I said it because of what it looks like it's implying.

lol, I put that in there because I live in North Jersey and might possibly go to SB 48.

Pretty hard to miss that part, no?

Pretty hard to miss that part, no?

I was referring to what I said before you mentioned that.

:Eagles:

Monday, Sept. 9 @Washington Redskins - WIN - RG3 will be rusty, and I have a gut feeling Chip wins his first NFL game.

Sunday, Sept. 15 San Diego Chargers - LOSS

Thursday, Sept. 19 Kansas City Chiefs - WIN - Chip Kelly > Andy Reid :smug:

Sunday, Sept. 29 @Denver Broncos - LOSS -

Sunday, Oct. 6 @New York Giants - LOSS

Sunday, Oct. 13 @Tampa Bay Buccaneers - LOSS

Sunday, Oct. 20 Dallas Cowboys - LOSS

Sunday, Oct. 27 New York Giants - LOSS

Sunday, Nov. 3 @Oakland Raiders - WIN

Sunday, Nov. 10 @Green Bay Packers - LOSS

Sunday, Nov. 17 Washington Redskins - LOSS

Sunday, Dec. 1 Arizona Cardinals - WIN

Sunday, Dec. 8 Detroit Lions - LOSS

Sunday, Dec. 15 @Minnesota Vikings - LOSS

Sunday, Dec. 22 Chicago Bears - LOSS

Sunday, Dec. 29 @Dallas Cowboys - WIN - I see us going 2-4 in the NFC East this year.

This puts the Eagles at 5-11...sounds about right.

• Upvote 1

Seahawks 2013 Schedule :

01 Sep 08 AT Panthers (W - 1-0)

02 Sep 15 VS 49ers (W - 2-0)

03 Sep 22 VS Jaguars (W - 3-0)

04 Sep 29 AT Texans (L - 3-1)

05 Oct 06 AT Colts (W - 4-1)

06 Oct 13 VS Titans (W - 5-1)

07 Oct 17 AT Cardinals (W - 6-1)

08 Oct 28 AT Rams (L - 6-2)

09 Nov 03 VS Buccaneers (W - 7-2)

10 Nov 10 AT Falcons (L - 7-3)

11 Nov 17 VS Vikings (W - 8-3)

12 BYE

13 Dec 02 VS Saints (W - 9-3)

14 Dec 08 AT 49ers (L - 9-4)

15 Dec 15 AT Giants (W - 10-4)

16 Dec 22 VS Cardinals (W - 11-4)

17 Dec 29 VS Rams (W - 12-4)

Final Record - 12-4

This is obviously best case scenario. There's no way we sweep the Niners, and I don't feel like we'll sweep the Rams. We could however sweep the Cardinals and I expect us to. I don't have us losing any home games given that's where we play our strongest and most of our home opponents aren't that good. However, I could see us taking a surprise loss in Seattle against either the Rams or Bucs, or shitting the bed against a road opponent we should beat like the Panthers, Colts, or Giants. (We did that a few times last year).

So my optimistic best case is 12-4 though it wouldn't shock me if we laid a couple eggs and went as low as 10-6.

Edited by Jayrus

Panthers are going to beat Seattle game 1.

So your correct prediction is 11-5, which is also where I have the 'Hawks.

@ Dallas - Win

Denver- Loss

@ Carolina - Win

@ KC - Win

Philly - Win

@ Chicago - Loss

Minnesota- Win

@ Philly - Loss

BYE

Oakland - Win

Packers - Loss

Dallas - Loss

@ Washington - Loss

@ SD- Win

Seattle - Loss

@ Detroit- Win

Washington - Win

I have us at 9-7, but could see anywhere from 8-8 to 11-5.

Typical Giants year. But don't let us get in the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6 or we WILL win the superbowl in our own house lol

Gave us a 3-3 split in the division with all 3 teams just because they're impossible to predict.

I could see us beating GB at home, we seem to play well vs them but on pure talent I gave us a loss

Getting Seattle at home in December is big, that also is a game I marked a loss but could see us winning.

Chicago and Minny we could lose both or win both, so I gave a split

And we are always good for atleast dropping one game we should win, so take your pick KC, Oakland, Carolina, SD, etc.

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

Getting Seattle at home in December is big, that also is a game I marked a loss but could see us winning.

Two things about this.

A) the last two seasons the Seahawks have been extremely strong in december.

B) We came to your house two years ago and beat you. That was with Tarvaris Jackson as our QB. We've greatly improved since then wile you seem to have ataken a bit f a step backwards.

Now then. that said I'm not expecting an easy win. Just saying we SHOULD be able to win this unless we have one of our "OMFG IT'S A ROAD GAME NOOOOO!!!!" games.

• Downvote 1

Two things about this.

B) We came to your house two years ago and beat you. That was with Tarvaris Jackson as our QB. We've greatly improved since then wile you seem to have ataken a bit f a step backwards.

Now then. that said I'm not expecting an easy win. Just saying we SHOULD be able to win this unless we have one of our "OMFG IT'S A ROAD GAME NOOOOO!!!!" games.

Two things about this....

A) nice job in December. But the only road cold weather games you played in December the last 2 years were vs the lolBills and a Jay Cutler-less Bears squad.

B) congrats on beating us 2 years ago in October....we won the Superbowl that year lol :rofl:

I don't think you "should" win the game by any stretch.....you probably have an edge as of now, 4 months in advance. but definitely no evidence that shows you should win the game

• Upvote 2

Two things about this.

Apologies, 2011 you played Chi Town in December without Cutler but they did have him last year.....even still you just pulled it out in overtime

Regardless all 5 of your losses last year were on the road, Plus a 4 point 16-12 win @ Car, And a 23-17 OT win @ Chicago

You don't play as well away from home.....it's a fact....the week before you play the giants on the road you play SF on the road, followed by 2 more division games.....30 degrees and arguably the windiest stadium in the league.....all things considered I actually give the edge to the Giants.

Apologies, 2011 you played Chi Town in December without Cutler but they did have him last year.....even still you just pulled it out in overtime

Regardless all 5 of your losses last year were on the road, Plus a 4 point 16-12 win @ Car, And a 23-17 OT win @ Chicago

You don't play as well away from home.....it's a fact....the week before you play the giants on the road you play SF on the road, followed by 2 more division games.....30 degrees and arguably the windiest stadium in the league.....all things considered I actually give the edge to the Giants.

Yes, and I predicted a stupid road loss. I might be against the Gaints who come in a particularly hard part of our schedule, but I doubt it. this whole "Rofl the Seahawks suck on the road!" thing is way overblown. We play fine on the road. Definately not as good as in Seattle, but we play alright. Most of those road losses came early when we were still figuring out our new rookie QB. Also we never lost by more than a score. Most times the game came down to a last minute screw-up. We ironed most of those out later in the season.

In the end all of this is pointless though. As SteVo said it's way too early to be predicting a game in december. I'm not shocked that two Giants fans have got on me for saying the Giants will lose. I'm not going to change my mind though. In fact the NFC East teams in general, and the Giants and Cowboys specifically seem to have an ego bigger than their teams's skill-level. The Cowboys have done jack-all in over a decade and still act like they're right near a superbowl.

Meanwhile the Giants fell flat on their face last year. They had the division all but won and blew it. Yeah you've had a decent off-season and when you're on form you're good enough to tear the Niners a new asshole (As you did last year) but more often than not you were hyde and not jekyll, and if you think the "Seahawks can't win on the road" myth will give you and edge you're in for a rude awakening.

Yes, and I predicted a stupid road loss. I might be against the Gaints who come in a particularly hard part of our schedule, but I doubt it. this whole "Rofl the Seahawks suck on the road!" thing is way overblown. We play fine on the road. Definately not as good as in Seattle, but we play alright. Most of those road losses came early when we were still figuring out our new rookie QB. Also we never lost by more than a score. Most times the game came down to a last minute screw-up. We ironed most of those out later in the season.

In the end all of this is pointless though. As SteVo said it's way too early to be predicting a game in december. I'm not shocked that two Giants fans have got on me for saying the Giants will lose. I'm not going to change my mind though. In fact the NFC East teams in general, and the Giants and Cowboys specifically seem to have an ego bigger than their teams's skill-level. The Cowboys have done jack-all in over a decade and still act like they're right near a superbowl.

Meanwhile the Giants fell flat on their face last year. They had the division all but won and blew it. Yeah you've had a decent off-season and when you're on form you're good enough to tear the Niners a new asshole (As you did last year) but more often than not you were hyde and not jekyll, and if you think the "Seahawks can't win on the road" myth will give you and edge you're in for a rude awakening.

You brought up a matchup against us from 2 years ago, a year in which we won the Superbowl. Then boasted of a good December record of late.

I brought up the fact that you played 3 cold weather December games in 2 years. One vs the not so stellar Bills and one vs a Bears team without Cutler.

Then I said "you don't play as well on the road" which you just agreed with. No one ever said you suck in the road, except for you.

Then you stated its a game that you "should" win. I simply said there is no evidence to support that 4 months in advance, during a difficult part of your schedule, on the road, in the wind and cold.

Ease off the juice, brah.

Week 1: ChiefsWIN

No matter how shitty the Jags end up being they always perform well (and usually win) in Week 1 for some reason. Being at home, new coach, new GM, new uniforms, the fan base re-energized, I figure they somehow pull out a win via a special teams play by Ace Sanders or a big turnover late.

Week 2: AT OaklandWIN

The Jags jumped out to a huge lead in Oakland last year, MJD got hurt, lolGabbert got hurt, then lolHenne put on the worst performance I've ever seen from an NFL QB and the Raiders won the game at the very end. I think the Raiders get less production out of their QB early on here, MJD goes back home and has a big day after getting hurt for the season after 3 carries last year with a ton of friends and family in the stands.

and then it starts...

Week 3: AT SeattleLOSS

Let's be real.

Week 4: ColtsLOSS

Game is surprisingly close, but Andrew Luck makes a game winning drive late.

Week 5: at St. LouisLOSS

Game is mostly close, but Jags lose late via an interception — the play likely made by the GOAT Janoris Jenkins.

Week 6: AT DenverLOSS

Let's be real.

Week 7: ChargersWIN

Jags snap their 4 game losing streak against a team in the Chargers who struggle out east. This game is already picked as the game the Jags wear their teal alternate jerseys, and as we know special jersey games is an automatic win always because I'm stupid.

Week 8: 49ers (in London)LOSS

Let's be real.

Week 9: BYE

Week 10: AT TennesseeLOSS

For some reason whenever Jacksonville QBs play in Nashville they're even more trash than they usually are. Lots of turnovers, Titans win with Fitzpatrick being the QB (who for whatever reason destroys the Jags anytime he plays them) by week 10 via the inevitable injury to Locker or because lolLocker.

Week 11: CardinalsLOSS

Really close, defensive messy game. Arizona's defense is too much in the end.

Week 12: AT HoustonLOSS

Ends up closer than we'd imagine like last year's game in Houston (though not high scoring.) Jacksonville loses a big fumble and Houston puts the nail in the coffin.

Week 13: AT ClevelandLOSS

Cleveland's defense wins the game for the Browns.

Week 14: TexansLOSS

Houston is no longer caught off guard by a surprisingly competitive Jags squad and just executes. Foster has a big day.

Week 15: BillsWIN

EJ Manuel is starting by week 15, and he shits the bed. Jags win.

Week 16: TitansWIN

By now the young Jags defense starts to play more consistent in Gus Bradley's scheme. Jags split the series because that's what happens with these two teams.

Week 17: at IndianapolisWIN

Colts let the Jags sneak up on them just like last year. Gus Bradley ends on a high note, and David Caldwell gets ready to draft his QB of the future.

6-10

Wow... did not expect to give the Jags that many wins. But I think Gus Juice wills some along the way.

• Upvote 1

VIKINGS

W1 @ Lions: Win (28-17). The Lions haven't made enough schematic changes for their offense to be any more effective against solid defenses. Plus, I think it's time to hop off the Schwartz bandwagon. (1-0)

W2 @ Bears: Win (23-10). The Bears' OL will still be terrible and Jared Allen will have a dominant game. (2-0)

W3 vs. Browns: Win (31-7). lolCleveland. (3-0)

W4 vs. Steelers: Win (24-21). The Vikes pick up an early surprise home win, much like their defeat of the 49ers last season. I also don't care for Pitt's OL or running game. (4-0)

W5: BYE

W6 vs. Panthers: Win at home (27-17), but I think a much improved Carolina team will come in with a good record and give the Vikes a good matchup. (5-0)

W7 @ Giants: Loss (28-13). The Vikes usually play NYG very well, but I think that trend ends this coming season, and thus ends the Vikings early successes. (5-1)

W8 vs. Packers: Loss (34-24). The young Vikes secondary have to face Nicks and Cruz and then Rodgers' crew. Their secondary will be exposed when they finally have to cover more than one WR. (5-2)

W9 @ Cowboys: Win (27-24). Dallas' OL will struggle against a revitalized Vikings DL. (6-2)

W10 vs. Redskins: Win (27-21). The Vikings will struggle to rush Griffin when both he and Morris are ground threats, but at home they'll stifle the Redskins enough to win it. (7-2)

W11 @ Seattle: Loss (27-10). There's no competing with a hot Hawks team in Seattle. (7-3)

W12 @ Packers: Loss (20-17). Surprisingly low scoring, but Packers pull it off in the end. (7-4)

W13 vs Bears: Win (31-13). Chicago's OL struggles with Allen, Williams, Floyd, and Robison, and mightily after some early season injuries. (8-4)

W14 @ Ravens: Loss (27-17). The Vikes succumb to their third double digit defeat of the season in Baltimore, raising some questions about their ability to compete with better teams. (8-5)

W15 vs Eagles: Win (27-20). The Vikings force turnovers against a struggling Philadelphia team. (9-5)

W16 @ Bengals: Loss (34-21). The Vikings secondary can't handle an offensive juggernaut. (9-6)

W17 vs. Lions: Win (23-17). Playing for their playoff lives, the Vikings improve to a second straight WC birth. (10-6)

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Downvote 3

Jesus fucking Christ, WHAT was wrong with that post? Assholes.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

Don't stop now Bware. I expect Ravens and Seahawks predictions ASAP.

NEW YORK JETS :Jets:

WEEK 1 Buccaneers - loss

WEEK 2 at Patriots - loss

WEEK 3 Bills - WIN

WEEK 4 at Titans - WIN

WEEK 5 at Falcons - loss

WEEK 6 Steelers - WIN

WEEK 7 Patriots - loss

WEEK 8 at Bengals - loss

WEEK 9 Saints - loss

WEEK 10 BYE

WEEK 11 at Bills - WIN..Geno Smith Era Begins? After 3-6 mark at Bye.

WEEK 12 at Ravens - loss

WEEK 13 Dolphins - WIN

WEEK 14 Raiders - WIN

WEEK 15 at Panthers - loss

WEEK 16 Browns - WIN

WEEK 17 at Dolphins - loss

NYJ finish 7-9...and NO play-offs!

Offense will be improved. This isnt saying much since we were ranked 30th last season in offense, but the addition of new OC Marty Mornhinweg, RB Chris Ivory and the potential of QB Geno Smith, makes the case that we should be at least better than last year.

Defense will be decent. I'm a believer in the Jets defense, they won’t be great but they should be near the neighborhood of good. Rex Ryan is committed to getting the defense back to where they were a couple seasons ago.

And Dee Milliner, Sheldon Richardson both have an immediate impact on the defense this season. :biggrin: