Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Mysterious priest performs miracle at site of Mercedes crash

R'hllor is back!

So its not that he blessed their equipment into working, its that they got new equipment that they already called in for. Not really seeing the miracle here.

Stop using logic, Blots.

This is a thread about religion.

So its not that he blessed their equipment into working, its that they got new equipment that they already called in for. Not really seeing the miracle here.

The fact that nobody knows who he is, nobody remembers seeing him come to the scene and leave.

That is what spooks people. Or inspires them too.

I had a similar experience with being touched with something I felt was a higher power/angel many years ago. I can't explain it to doubters though so I won't and will just leave it at that since it was personal and meaningful. It completely did change my life though. It was quite personal and needed at the time.

Edited by Jules

I just feel like its easy to not notice someone coming or going when you're focused on someone trapped in a car.

Guest Phailadelphia

The human mind is incredible.

• Upvote 1

I don't see any miracle here, but I don't see any harm in letting people believe it was a miracle if they derive good from it. Now; if they turn around and use this as justification to shove religious doctrine down another's throat, then there is a problem; however, if people are going to derive a personal good from what they perceive as a miracle, then I don't see a problem in letting them believe what they want to believe.

Whether you want to call it a miracle or just great timing be a wandering stranger -- it's a great story and one that should be shared. "Miracles" come together as a string of coincidences, and that's what happened here. The trapped woman calls for all to pray with her, a random priest wondering down a blocked road appears out of nowhere, blesses her / tells people to remain calm / says the equipment will work... He vanishes and here comes the new equipment.

If you are a non-believer, I don't expect this to convince you of anything. Faith is a strong and powerful force that should not be so mindlessly shrugged off, however. ;)

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Whether you want to call it a miracle or just great timing be a wandering stranger -- it's a great story and one that should be shared. "Miracles" come together as a string of coincidences, and that's what happened here. The trapped woman calls for all to pray with her, a random priest wondering down a blocked road appears out of nowhere, blesses her / tells people to remain calm / says the equipment will work... He vanishes and here comes the new equipment.

If you are a non-believer, I don't expect this to convince you of anything. Faith is a strong and powerful force that should not be so mindlessly shrugged off, however. ;)

Great post. I like to share "uplifting" stories time to time I read that is a break from the doom and gloom. ;)

Absolutely nobody has to change their minds just based on experiences others have but like you said, "Faith is a strong and powerful force that should not be so mindlessly shrugged off."

It works in all different directions here.

I guess its just that I do believe in God, and I think that saying "miracles" like this are directly that cheapens the great stuff He does.

• Upvote 1

I guess its just that I do believe in God, and I think that saying "miracles" like this are directly that cheapens the great stuff He does.

Thinking that miracles only conjure on the grandest of scales is the mistake you are making here. And there is no saying that He, himself, performed this miracle. It doesn't really appear that way, not to me anyway.

Ahhh interesting. He IS real.

“I was probably part of the answer to their prayers, I came by and Anointed and absolved, (but) I didn't say another word … I did not say anything like the machinery would begin to work or they would succeed in getting her out of the car.”

“That did not come from my lips, though two people heard it.”

He thinks he could have been an answer to their own prayers being there.

But he never said what they thought they heard?

Hmmmmm.......

I guess in times of tragedy and despair it is sometimes hard to figure out what really happened later.

But, I am glad he was there and the girl is okay. :corn:

I love this stuff.

Edited by Jules

Praying with a crash victim is hardly a miracle.