Blaine Gabbert: The Real American

"Beware of the QB, he will make it Blaine."

:rofl:

• Upvote 1

LMAO

Jags_fan.gif

JAGS-FAN.gif

Per Rotoworld:

Blaine Gabbert went just 4-of-10 in team drills Tuesday.

Gabbert and Chad Henne's play was so bad, it prompted a lecture from Marcedes Lewis. "That wasn’t good enough," Lewis said. "That’s not acceptable. In years past, it may have been acceptable and we may have come into the locker room without even mentioning what happened. But mediocrity can’t be accepted." It's par for the course for Gabbert, who simply isn't getting better. Coming off a miserable preseason opener, it's unclear if he'll start Saturday's game against the Jets. We'd guess he will.

Source: Florida Times Union

Edited by FartWaffles

@BrentAS360 6h Gabbert with one's but can't get a guy to make a play. Marcedes, Brown and Ebert all had hands on passes and didn't catch it.

Hope Marcedes included himself in that speech.

Eventually you begin to lose the locker room with how bad you are. Guys can't back you up forever. If they've lost faith in Gabbert, whether it's right or wrong, they probably don't care nearly as much. I think that's normal. I think that's human.

It's time to dump him, plain and simple.

What should have happened... Jags should have brought in a veteran QB, no matter how terrible. Make sure he is a strong locker room presence, have him lead the team for a year or two while you develop some young guys to fight it out a year or two down the road.

Matt Hasselbeck would have been a great pick up, IMO.

Damn I forgot to post this, this videos been making the twitter rounds the past week. Shit is hilarious. Most Jags fans response has been, "Not sure if parody of how trash Gabbert is, or a legit Cecil Shirts highlight reel." :rofl: So true.

No need to say "no offense" to me BLUE, everyone around here knows I don't think he can play. I wish he could, but he just can't. Terrible field vision, doesn't slide/step up/move in the pocket, poor eye level, and hates the inner middle of the field (where most NFL QBs learn you have to live.)

He's likely going to start this year regardless, and I don't disagree either. Henne has strengths in areas Blaine doesn't (works the middle of the field, better field vision), but unlike Blaine he's careless with the ball, has a weaker arm, and takes more sacks/negative plays. They even out to where they're both really bad. So why start the nearly 30 year old who you know you're not going to resign next year (by the way, Henne is the 8th highest paid Jaguar on the roster — lolGeneSmiff.)

Let Gabbert play out the year. He either improves and you can judge whether he's part of your future, or he falls on his face again and you get a high pick and pickup Teddy or another QB prospect who raises their stock in the college season coming. Jags don't have the talent all around to threaten playoffs yet, get a real QB next year plus add more talent elsewhere and then we can compete.

• Upvote 1

Long time Jags fan Wiggle Man just nailed this lolGabbert vs. lolHenne battle:

@Wiggle_Man 5m

Henne just treads water. Yeah, he may live longer; but he'll never reach land. Gabbert is the swimmer. He'll probably die, but maybe not.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Upvote 1

@HaysCarlyon 7h I had Gabbert at 13-of-15 today. Seemed like he found a rhythm. #Jaguars

@HaysCarlyon 6h Henne was 6-of-11. Both Henne and Gabbert had 19 snaps in team drills. #Jaguars

If Blaine ends up starting, Vin and Campin should have to set this song as their ringtone :yep:

If Blaine ends up starting, Vin and Campin should have to set this song as their ringtone :yep:

Oh he's gonna start. Dave and Gus know what they're doing.

#Bridgewater2014

Also, y'all realize the song is a parody of Hulk Hogan's theme music right?

I don't even care what is said about the Jaguars at times. It is no joke, that team can make me more nervous when the Colts play them over ANY other team in the league.

Those bastages give us fits no matter what their record or who they have at QB. They can sometimes run the ball for 1 million yards on us. They can find new and creative ways to beat us and sometimes in the final minute. Even the best Colts teams sometimes went down to the wire with the Jags.

Division rivals be division rivals.

:yep:

Oh he's gonna start. Dave and Gus know what they're doing.

#Bridgewater2014

Also, y'all realize the song is a parody of Hulk Hogan's theme music right?

Of course. I'm a child of the 80's. That's what made it even more hilarious to me. :yep:

• Upvote 1

The Real American gets the start Saturday in New Jersey.

@ryanohalloran 1h

#Jaguars veteran on if Gabbert will finally settle things on Saturday - "I sure hope so."

Sanchez vs. Gabbert. Gonna be hilarious. Cecil Shorts won't play, Luke Joeckel won't play, Justin Forsett won't play and Russell Allen won't play. Blackmon will, MJD will, Jonathan Cyprien gets his first start (they've been super cautious with injuries so I hope this means they let his hammy tweak heal more than usual to let him play this early), and LaRoy Reynolds likely gets the start in place of Russell Allen at SLB. UDFA Reynolds has really jumped out to NFL scouts and the Jags' staff alike, athletically he's an upgrade over Allen, if he shows consistency he could leapfrog. He's been making plays every practice and even in the first preseason game.

It was all a facade y'all. The Real American was playing possum the first two years, and now he is finally here to reign freedom on the league and end the war on terrorism.

143124y.jpg

There could be a surprise start this coming Saturday in Jacksonville. Word on the street is The Real American has said, "fuck it, I'm going left." That's right, The Real American is so prolific, so amazingly talented that he is going to give it a go Saturday even with a slight hairline fracture in his right thumb (his throwing hand.) How you say? Well he has a cast on his right hand, so he can't throw with his right, but why not his left? Stay tuned if this is true and if he actually does attempt to play no matter how stupid this would be, or if this is completely made up by a sad individual with way too much time on his hands.

N35akqD.gif

I hope it happens, just so it gives me a reason to watch the game.

I think you guys are being to hard on Gabbert. He's a fucking American hero.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think you guys are being to hard on Gabbert. He's a fucking American hero.

DAMMIT. My bad dude I meant to prop you but it negged u for some reason :(

I tried to change it but I can't I guess.

Sorry bro

You can't change a rep, but I gave him a +1 to make up for it. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

With all due respect to Blaine Gabbert there is no one more American than Ricky Stanzi.

Edited by BUCK3Y3
  • Upvote 1

Jaguars claim QB Ricky Stanzi

OMFG!?

SO MUCH AMERICA ON ONE TEAM!!!!

BStGyZzCUAAZlu0.jpg

"Blaine, Sorry, but I'm coming to fuck up your night again, bro."

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson
  • Upvote 1