Sign in to follow this  
BC

The Life Philosophy Thread

Seeing as we're mostly all in the 18-25 age range, those transitional, self-discovery moments are frequently happening for many of us as we are trying to get to where we need to go. This leads me to ask you all the following questions.

1. What answers are you currently trying to gain in life, be it relationship stuff, family stuff, or career path, etc?

2. On what premises do you govern your decision-making?

Be unspecific where you need to be, describing just enough to lead to the point of discussion where you are in need of making a certain type of decision, and what montra you are planning on using to make these choices. Avoid attacking other's religious beliefs if they choose to disclose them.

For me, I'm a freshly graduated college student with no set career, no ring on my finger, and not being tied down to hardly anything. It's an awful lot of unknown, to be honest, and the unknown is intimidating, yet it is also where we discover life's greatest rewards. I am working a job, however, I don't believe it will be something that I stick with. While it is making some money in the process, which I badly needed being fresh out of the college doors staring a long life ahead of me in the face with many needs, it is a job where I unfortunately disprove of a bit of the structure, some of the people's comments, and the organization of management and power. It is also something I am passionate about doing, so a lot of the things I stand on have been a little contradictory. Hence the thread creation. I've been doing some praying, quit almost all of my bad habbits, and have tried to put myself in a place where I can be lead to where I belong. Unfortunately, not all questions are answered. I often look at friends' life philosophies and have been asking them about how they making their decisions to stay or leave certain situations, and why they value what they do to the point where it makes them stay or leave.

1. Currently, I'm trying to get myself settled in one place, more than anything. My two jobs are 60 miles apart, and while that's not a bad thing because I get a break from each location, I'd really like to just pick one and let it fly. If I remain in my hometown, I'd need to find steady winter work (there are lots of seasonal jobs in small ag. towns). If I remain in my college town, I essentially have to give up farming and raising cattle (which I absolutely don't want to do). I have time to make the decision, but I'm also just waiting for it to decide itself, as many things in life do. We have less control than we realize.

I'm fine on the relationships front. I had a C U Next Tuesday fuck with my head for about 6 months last year, but I ditched her. Then I tried it out with a girl who ended up being batshit crazy, so I bailed on her, too. I've just stopped looking, but not in the non-observant way. I'm a big believer in letting things happen.

As far as family goes, I'm trying to decide if I'm willing to bail on this area altogether to try out a new place, but I'm so close to my family, particularly my nephews and my cousins in the area, that I just can't fathom a scenario where I don't get to spend time with these people on a weekly to monthly basis, so my head says, "No. You're probably going to be here."

2. My decision making is based on what's best for me, and that's mostly tied to the people surrounding me. I can find work--I live in North Dakota--if you can't find work here, you're not looking. I just let my head go where it immediately goes and then proceed from there. If I think I want something over something else, I'm right. I'm very, very laid back, a day-by-day kind of person. There is a bigger picture, but I'm not going to base my decisions on ten, twenty, or thirty years from now. Obviously, there are some exceptions like saving money, but I'm talking about overall.

Philosophically, I firmly believe that life is what it is, whenever it is, and that dwelling on what has already happened or might not even happen is absolutely absurd. I also believe that maintaining our humanity is a losing battle, at the moment, with all of these people glued to their phone, computer, or tablet screens 24/motherfucking7. I might post on here daily. I might send a text or two daily, but there's no way in Hell I'd be happy if I spent more than a total of an hour or two on my electronic devices a day. The only time I exceed that is when we're all watching a game or I'm writing a story.

I think we need to fight to regain our independence, and I feel like people should watch this video:

• Upvote 1

My life philosophy? Simple, two words...fuck it. Works on a couple levels. Fuck being forced to follow the rules and conform and it's also just kind of like that whole hakuna matata easy going attitude.

• Upvote 1

With a life philosophy like "fuck it", hopefully later in life you won't be saying, "fuck me"

• Upvote 2

My life philosophy? Simple, two words...fuck it. Works on a couple levels. Fuck being forced to follow the rules and conform and it's also just kind of like that whole hakuna matata easy going attitude.

It also works on the "If it moves,(insert life philosophy)" level.

• Upvote 1

• Upvote 1

Family. I focus on my family. My daughter above all else. It's a tired saying, but LIFE IS SHORT. You get one chance. You can choose to spend your time worrying about shit or living your life to the fullest. You should always make time for shit you enjoy. You should always make time for people you care about.

Edited by BUCK3Y3
  • Upvote 1