Maverick

Official 2013-2014 Soccer Season

Lukaku is a monster. Can't understand why Mourinho let him go out on loan.

FTR, I'm Liverpool through and through...I Just love Mesut Ozil. <3

Aston-Villa-v-Manchester-City-Premier-Le

Pretty epic picture after Andi Weimann scored the game winner against Man City..GO VILLA

735520644838148.jpg

http://arabnews.com/news/466699

DOHA: A statue immortalising the headbutt delivered by French football legend Zinedine Zidane to Italian player Marco Materazzi in the 2006 World Cup final has gone on outdoor display in Qatar.

Workers were on Friday making the final touches after fixing the five-meter (16.4-feet) monument, sculpted by Algerian-born French artist Adel Abdessemed, on the Doha corniche.

It was bought by the Qatar Museums Authority, as the Gulf state prepares to build a massive infrastructure to host the 2022 World Cup.

The “Coup de Tete” sculpture was put on display earlier outside the Pompidou Center in Paris. It was also reportedly displayed between July and September in Italy’s coastal town of Pietrasanta.

The Arab Museum of Modern Art is also hosting an exhibition by Abdessemed titled “L’age d’or,” between October 6 and January 4, featuring drawings, paintings, sculptures and videos.

lol i saw both of those things Vin and house. Pretty funny.

Anybody gonna be watching WC Qualifiers today?

I'll probably watch the USA game since it's on ESPN, but we've already qualified and we're playing Jamaica who's still winless in qualifying, so it's not like the game really matters

indeed. I usually watch Germany and England or Italy during the qualifiers due to my ethnic background and enjoying watching England underachieve :yao:

Your Suarez sig is awesome,Mav.

This should be a great night in Champions League. Can't wait for Real Madrid vs Juventus.

New to this...

I've seen more games of ManU and Arsenal so probably going with one of those two teams to follow.

I have always been a fan of "soccer" (lol) growing up and my son playing has refueled that fire since (REALLY wish I had as a kid...did American football instead) so I've been, along with my son, watching a lot of games. Hell damn near every day I'm watching games that are on.

Hell, I might not really follow any specific club and just watch games, but most likely going ManU. lol

Edited by BucD

Glad you're interested, BucD. I know a lot of people that get into soccer because of their kids playing it. According to NBC it's gaining a lot of interest across America as well. I've heard that before though so I won't hold my breathe lol..

ManU would be a good team to follow. They'll broadcast a lot of their games in the U.S., your favorite NFL team have the same owners (i know thats probably a bad thing lol), and they're not the top top dogs anymore so now would be a good time to hop on the wagon.

Soccer thread should be locked during real football season. :yep:

• Downvote 3

Dortmund-Arsenal

Juventus-Real Madrid

Barcelona-Milan

This is going to be an awesome week.

Aaron Ramsey is unbelievable. He scores a goal or two like every game pretty much. Ozil had 2 great assists, he is really fun to watch. His passing is just amazing.

And the World Cup Drawing is coming up on December 6th.

Arsenal are certainly one of the best teams to watch this season, BradyFan. I've always rated Ozil so no surprise there. Ramsey is absolutely in unbelievable form. Funny, I read a quote from Wenger back a few seasons ago and when everybody was down on Ramsey, he said, "Once he starts scoring, he won't stop." Wise words from a wise man.

Liverpool played like shit yesterday. Deserved to lose. It sucks that Sturridge is out for about a month or so. We can't seem to have SAS playing together for more then a few games it seems.

who else is excited about the World Cup draw on Friday?

They did a mock today and we got England, Argentina, and Netherlands. That would be such a buzzkill.

They did a mock today and we got England, Argentina, and Netherlands. That would be such a buzzkill.

oh our chances of getting a group of death are absurdly high, but it'll still be fun to watch

I've been playing with this thing for the last few days.

http://ultra-zone.net/2014-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage-Draws

Whichever Pot 1 team we get will probably win our group, unless we get Switzlerland who is weaker than every other Pot 1 team I believe.

From Pot 2 a favorable draw for us would be Algeria, Cameroon, Ecuador, and maybe Ghana.

From Pot 4 we want Greece, Croatia, Russia, or Bosnia.

We could get a tough group but we could also get a group where we have a really good chance of advancing.

The group of death scenario that BJORN listed is extremely unlikely. The only way that would happen is if one of the strong teams from Pot 4 gets moved to Pot 2 and ends up in our group. Which probably won't happen. I've done the simulation a lot and it's barely happened at all, I'd say it's less than 10% chance of happening.

shit…who am I kidding. we're getting Germany and Italy probably :yao:

Edited by BradyFan81