18. Nebraska

19. Boise State

20. TCU

21. UCLA

22. Northwestern

23. Wisconsin

24. USC

25. Oregon State

The top 10 is a toss up for me outside of Alabama at #1. I think Ohio State is a little overrated at #2 but they belong in the top 5. Their defense is a question mark for me after losing some key guys. Number 2 for me would be either Stanford or Georgia. I would probably give the nod to Stanford at #2 because they are a very balanced football team but their success hinges on Hogan. Georgia played exceptionally well last year aside from the loss to South Carolina who I'm still not sold on. Their defense and offense really developed late into the season. I got Georgia at #3 Oregon and Ohio State are almost neck and neck for me. I'm going to put Ohio State at #4 because they are returning everyone on offense and have added a few playmakers. I look for Dontre Wilson to add another wrinkle to the offense alongside Braxton Miller. I don't know how Chip Kelly's exit will affect Oregon so I would drop Oregon to #5.

I have Louisville at #6 based on their performance against Florida in the bowl game. I got South Carolina #7 and Florida #8. I do not expect A&M to perform as well this year as they did last year. Mainly because the off season happenings with Manziel. Even if he doesn't end up missing any time I don't know if they will be able to focus with the Manziel circus. I would put Florida State at #9 and drop A&M to #10. I really think its wide open below Alabama. It should be a really good season and there will likely be a lot of movement in the Top 25. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with my Top 10 but its preseason. I welcome disagreements because it means college football talk and I'm all about it. Lets talk college football!

Edited by BUCK3Y3

So we go undefeated in the Big Thirteen and we go to the Ship? Sounds good. O-H!

I-O! I would like to see them go undefeated again. I know with their schedule they can do it but even undefeated they aren't guaranteed a title shot because of their schedule. All they can do is win games. The rest is up to the football Gods. No matter what they do haters gonna hate.

Yea, the defense worries me.

Yea, the defense worries me.

There for awhile the defense was top 5 and the offense was MEH. Now the offense is faster paced and doing big things and the defense is MEH.

Penn State gonna upset Ohio State.

Why?

'Cause Bill O'Brien said so!

• Upvote 1

Penn State gonna upset Ohio State.

Why?

'Cause Bill O'Brien said so!

Never.Going.To.Happen

I get the feeling that Ohio State will choke and lose to a team like Purdue. I get that feeling every year, so IDK.

I get the feeling that Ohio State will choke and lose to a team like Purdue. I get that feeling every year, so IDK.

We shall see. I doubt it though.

I've only kept up with SEC football during the offseason so I won't blabber on about any other teams.

1. Alabama (58)- Obvious decision is obvious. Alabama have players like sharks have teeth. When one leaves, another moves up and dominates. Defense has been their strong suit and will continue to be.

5. Georgia (1) - Their offense will be explosive. Murray is one of the best QBs in the conference and his weapons are fast. The big question mark for me is their defense. They've lost a lot of power.

6. South Carolina - The Cocks are the opposite of Georgia. Their defense, especially their line, is intense. The huge negative is their QB and well.. Spurrier. He always finds a way to disappoint.

7. Texas A&M - This is easily the fastest rising team. I'm not sure if Manziel will be able to repeat his success from last year. But their head coach has a way of developing talent.

10. Florida - Unfortunately I feel like the Gators cracked the Top10 off of their name alone. Their offense doesn't have the same fire and their defense is pretty suspect. Time will tell I suppose.

12. LSU - Again I think this is another team that's going off reputation. Their defense should be strong as usual but can their offense perform. And can Les manage his time wisely.

And I suppose I'll be the first to say it.. preseason rankings are stupid. Nothing but speculation.

I've only kept up with SEC football during the offseason so I won't blabber on about any other teams.

1. Alabama (58)- Obvious decision is obvious. Alabama have players like sharks have teeth. When one leaves, another moves up and dominates. Defense has been their strong suit and will continue to be.

5. Georgia (1) - Their offense will be explosive. Murray is one of the best QBs in the conference and his weapons are fast. The big question mark for me is their defense. They've lost a lot of power.

6. South Carolina - The Cocks are the opposite of Georgia. Their defense, especially their line, is intense. The huge negative is their QB and well.. Spurrier. He always finds a way to disappoint.

7. Texas A&M - This is easily the fastest rising team. I'm not sure if Manziel will be able to repeat his success from last year. But their head coach has a way of developing talent.

10. Florida - Unfortunately I feel like the Gators cracked the Top10 off of their name alone. Their offense doesn't have the same fire and their defense is pretty suspect. Time will tell I suppose.

12. LSU - Again I think this is another team that's going off reputation. Their defense should be strong as usual but can their offense perform. And can Les manage his time wisely.

And I suppose I'll be the first to say it.. preseason rankings are stupid. Nothing but speculation.

You think Florida is that bad?

Wonder how far Ohio State will fall when UB pulls the upset on August 31st... :shifty:

1. Alabama

2. Georgia

3. Stanford

4. Ohio State

5. Oregon

6. South Carolina

7. Louisville

8. Texas A&M

9. Florida

10. Florida State

My top 10.

Wonder how far Ohio State will fall when UB pulls the upset on August 31st... :shifty:

Hey you can always hope.

You think Florida is that bad?

That's the thing, I'm not sure. Being a Top10 team out of over 100 doesn't really leave room for any uncertainty, ya know? I'd put a team like Oklahoma State over them though.

Welcome back by the way. :hiya:

That's the thing, I'm not sure. Being a Top10 team out of over 100 doesn't really leave room for any uncertainty, ya know? I'd put a team like Oklahoma State over them though.

Welcome back by the way. :hiya:

Yeah. There are a lot of decent teams this year. Really hard for me to pick a Top 10 I'm comfortable with. Main reason being its preseason and I haven't seen anyone play. Alabama is obviously #1 I don't think there is any question about that. Beyond that though its a toss up for me. I just can't wait fo the season to start. August 31 Buffalo will be sacrificed to the football Gods to mark the beginning of the season. Sorry Buffalo fans. Thanks good to be back.

8. Clemson

I love dem Tigers, but there's no way that porous defense earns them a top 10 nod. If we were ranking on offense alone, then maybe...

It's nice that Stanford is getting some preseason love. It seemed to me like everyone expected them to go away after Harbaugh and Luck took off (which I understand), but that now people are starting to come around to the idea that they might maintain some success here. I just hope that they don't go and blow it now that they're getting the preseason top 5 nod. The PAC12 can be a meat grinder.

I love dem Tigers, but there's no way that porous defense earns them a top 10 nod. If we were ranking on offense alone, then maybe...

I felt the same that's why I left them out of my top 10. Apparently the AP knows something I don't.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

Hey... almost. :D