Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Bware's Upset Scenarios: Week 1

Fine, then. Nobody saw the game of Peyton's fucking life coming. In this case, don't be surprised if Baltimore bounces Denver in the second season (if both make it there).

Denver fans, don't start acting like this is a result that would ever happen again. Talk about a "once-a-year" game for each ball club. I'm sure glad to know Denver topped out already.

Jeez, this forum really hates Denver...

Facing Peyton in week 1 was obviously too tough of a task for the new Ravens defense but on top of that Flacco was outclassed by his counterpart.

Fine, then. Nobody saw the game of Peyton's fucking life coming. In this case, don't be surprised if Baltimore bounces Denver in the second season (if both make it there).

Denver fans, don't start acting like this is a result that would ever happen again. Talk about a "once-a-year" game for each ball club. I'm sure glad to know Denver topped out already.

Is this for real? Are we gonna act like Denver can't put up 30+ points on every team on their schedule for the remainder of the year?

• Upvote 1

Is this for real? Are we gonna act like Denver can't put up 30+ points on every team on their schedule for the remainder of the year?

Sure they can, but they won't. 7 TD passes. There's no way that happens again.

Don't tell that to Denver fans.. Peyton is going to play like that every single week of this season against every team.. Heck, he will probably do it blindfolded a couple of times this year. There is no way this is the best game of the season for him, even though it was a record shattering evening that we haven't seen in FIFTY YEARS.

Lmao.

New upset added to the original post, folks.

Denver fans need to face facts. Baltimore lost two key players during the game, and as soon as Oher went down, Flacco's protection was just abysmal. Couple that with losing Jones and forcing an undrafted rookie into action (hey, Brown is good, but he needed a bit more time), and they were doomed come second half. Their secondary absolutely imploded. Flacco threw the ball two damn many times. It was just...absurd. If these two teams meet up again, there's no way that Baltimore's coaching staff just fucks the dog like that again.

And while I think Ngata needs to realize that he's lucky to have Harbaugh and his staff, there's no denying that they fucked that game up in the second half.

You act like the Ravens put their best foot forward, and your sloppy team still came out and dominated. You dominated a team that played very very badly tonight -- as good teams should. Congratulations, but your over confidence now will only make your tears sweeter when the Broncos get bounced from the playoffs. Nowing this early in the season that your team has no shot at winning a championship must take it's toll, I am sure... Again, be happy. Rejoice... Because that will disappear when it matters the most.

Even though the Ravens weren't ready for it with their soft coverage skills, not every team is going to allow Peyton to throw lobs for TDs every time he drops back. His arm is completely shot... And while his intelligence and manipulation of defenses will carry the offense far, it will all come crashing down in the end.

No the ravens played ugly sloppy football, a lot of mistakes and miscues that dug them into a hole but so did Denver. Neither team put their best game on tape but what happens when Denver does?

Don't hate on us because of one douchebag pls :unsure:

Ya lets leave the milehighguy alone, he's a just as dumb as he is a mile high. Nothing I've said hasn't been proven. Our defense would be better without doom and it was, we would survive just fine without miller and we will, we will field a uncover able offense and we have. I'm not a homer, I just pay attention to the moves we make and how we play

• Downvote 2

New upset added to the original post, folks.

Agree with your second upset. Chris Cook is a good corner to have against Megatron due to his size, wouldn't be shocked if Calvin has a slow start to this season.

Denver fans need to face facts. Baltimore lost two key players during the game, and as soon as Oher went down, Flacco's protection was just abysmal. Couple that with losing Jones and forcing an undrafted rookie into action (hey, Brown is good, but he needed a bit more time), and they were doomed come second half. Their secondary absolutely imploded. Flacco threw the ball two damn many times. It was just...absurd. If these two teams meet up again, there's no way that Baltimore's coaching staff just fucks the dog like that again.

And while I think Ngata needs to realize that he's lucky to have Harbaugh and his staff, there's no denying that they fucked that game up in the second half.

And you need to realize we played that game with our second string center and without 2 of our top 5 players so it kinda washes out the same. Does the ravens lost players make a bigger impact then our lost players? Not even close

Losing Oher hurts, but lets not act like Jacoby Jones is some elite WR that is a difference maker on offense because he isn't. I actually thought Marlon Brown did better anyway, even if he did let the 5'9" Tony Carter get the best of him at times. Whether he was in or not, the outcome was not going to change because of Jones. You can make the case for Oher, but I think we still probably come out with the W. Because lets face it, Oher wasn't going to go out there and cover our WRs.

Their defense definitely needs time to gel and they'll get better. But that secondary is the weak link. Webb didn't look good last night coming off of his ACL injury. He was gassed early on and I'm not sure he's over the mental part of tearing his ACL yet, he looked very shaky out there whenever he cut. Corey Graham got abused last night, he's a solid NCB though. Smith was ok, don't like him against good route runners. Replace Huff asap. If Dumervil, Suggs, and the rest of the d-line don't get to the QB, they're going to struggle. Lucky for them not every team is going to have as good of OTs as we do. Now if only Beadles would stop sucking

Edited by SolomonGrundy

Losing Oher hurts, but lets not act like Jacoby Jones is some elite WR that is a difference maker on offense because he isn't. I actually thought Marlon Brown did better anyway, even if he did let the 5'9" Tony Carter get the best of him at times. Whether he was in or not, the outcome was not going to change because of Jones. You can make the case for Oher, but I think we still probably come out with the W. Because lets face it, Oher wasn't going to go out there and cover our WRs.

Their defense definitely needs time to gel and they'll get better. But that secondary is the weak link. Webb didn't look good last night coming off of his ACL injury. He was gassed early on and I'm not sure he's over the mental part of tearing his ACL yet, he looked very shaky out there whenever he cut. Corey Graham got abused last night, he's a solid NCB though. Smith was ok, don't like him against good route runners. Replace Huff asap. If Dumervil, Suggs, and the rest of the d-line don't get to the QB, they're going to struggle. Lucky for them not every team is going to have as good of OTs as we do. Now if only Beadles would stop sucking

Losing Jones and having an undrafted rookie in place, in game 1, was a huge loss in one sense. Jacoby Jones has been around, and at the very least knows how to get separation from defensive backs. Marlon Brown scored a TD, yes, but it was a basic play--nothing that required he get huge separation from the corner. As soon as Baltimore lost a WR, it came down to Smith and unproven players. I agree, Jacoby Jones isn't a stud, but he isn't a bad #2 option if given the looks.

I didn't expect Webb to do all that well, honestly. I can't imagine coming back from that, twice. Why they were letting him return punts is beyond me.

The Ravens need to have their best D Linemen in for pass rush situations. Keep Ngata and Canty in there on third down, maybe give them some early down breaks. They have some DL depth, so they need to adjust.

Huff got just torched last night. Man oh man, what a shitty game by him.

My argument is that Denver had a historic night against a team that needs some time to gel. I don't think it'd be a double digit game a second time around.

Losing Jones and having an undrafted rookie in place, in game 1, was a huge loss in one sense. Jacoby Jones has been around, and at the very least knows how to get separation from defensive backs. Marlon Brown scored a TD, yes, but it was a basic play--nothing that required he get huge separation from the corner. As soon as Baltimore lost a WR, it came down to Smith and unproven players. I agree, Jacoby Jones isn't a stud, but he isn't a bad #2 option if given the looks.

I didn't expect Webb to do all that well, honestly. I can't imagine coming back from that, twice. Why they were letting him return punts is beyond me.

The Ravens need to have their best D Linemen in for pass rush situations. Keep Ngata and Canty in there on third down, maybe give them some early down breaks. They have some DL depth, so they need to adjust.

Huff got just torched last night. Man oh man, what a shitty game by him.

My argument is that Denver had a historic night against a team that needs some time to gel. I don't think it'd be a double digit game a second time around.

Denvers D has UDFA starting all over it. You know Duke Ihenacho, 11 tackles.... Woodyard was an UDFA.

Why does Baltimores D get a pass but Denvers D doesnt?

Compare players missing in the game. ITs even

Balt = Pitta, Oher, Boldin, Jones,

Den = Miller, Champ, Walton,

We traded boneheaded touchdowns with eachother when Welker Muffed the punt on our goal line. Trevathan felt compelled to drop the ball before crossing the plane giving them 7 points back and the ball.

Tell me more about how Denver has peaked and got lucky? Sorry I am not buying it. Everyone knew balts offense was going to be sub par coming into this season. Jones got tossed out of houston who has been desparate for a #2 WR.

Rice and Pierce combined for like 70 yards on the ground. Thats a very sub par day at the office. You say "Wait until next game" yes, lets do that. I respect baltimore as a team but adding champ to the mix and Von Miller is gonna create more problems for Balt than it will for us if they get back Pitta or Jones.

Baltimore lost two of the greatest players to ever suit up... Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. You can talk all you want about how Ed Reed isn't QUITE the same or Ray Lewis looked like ass most of the year last year... But their absence still caused / is causing a culture change on that side of the ball. Not to mention they let their most reliable WR walk as well in Q.

I am not going to say it was luck that Denver won... Because Baltimore looked completely over matched. They looks confused, lost, and in serious lack of leadership. Somebody needs to take over that football team, and it doesn't seem like the 120 million dollar QB wants that responsibility.

The Ravens aren't going anywhere having Flacco throw 40....50... SIXTY times a game. They gave up on the rush way too early. Flacco was erratic, inaccurate, inefficient, and made horrible decisions all night. It doesn't look like he can handle the load of the team on his back.

Torrey Smith is a supremely talented individual but he only saw 4 catches last night in a game that Flacco threw the ball over 60 times. That's a huge problem. Instead Flacco decided to use the screen game that didn't work at all, and forced the ball into the hands of his TEs who can't catch and into the hands of 60 year old Brandon Stokley...

That offensive showing by Baltimore was a complete EMBARRASSMENT. Marlon Brown looked pretty good though, he's a kid to watch. Flacco needs to better utilize the weapons around him, and he needs to figure out that Brandon Stokley isn't one of them.

Not to mention that I don't think Baltimore came to play defense. It's hard to completely blame the D with an offense that inept.. And especially in the first game of the year, those guys will run out of gas and tire much more quickly if the offense can't sustain drives.

But those passing lanes were completely empty. They didn't even make the Broncos work for the 7 passing TDs. Almost every single throw Peyton made was a lob. They ALL just floated to their destination. Now, this isn't Peyton or the Bronco's fault, and I don't want to make it seem that way... But other teams will have to catch on, won't they? Granted, Peyton's intelligence and quick decision making will make it tough, but the Broncos are practically asking to turn the ball over.

If they played more formidable teams this year, I would think that Peyton and that offense would struggle, even with all those weapons. But having HUGE guys like Thomas^2 will certainly help in that regard.

Wow....Lots of Denver fans take this one dominant performance for way more then what it is. I get that your pumped, you should be....footballs back. But Jesus take it down a few notches. That performance was out of this world, very unlikely it happens again. You took Baltimore out of there game plan, kudos. But you could argue that if Harbaugh challenges the Welker drop/catch the game is totally different.

Denvers a great team no doubt about it. But lets not act like they are unbeatable.

• Upvote 2

Wow....Lots of Denver fans take this one dominant performance for way more then what it is. I get that your pumped, you should be....footballs back. But Jesus take it down a few notches. That performance was out of this world, very unlikely it happens again. You took Baltimore out of there game plan, kudos. But you could argue that if Harbaugh challenges the Welker drop/catch the game is totally different.

Denvers a great team no doubt about it. But lets not act like they are unbeatable.

You all know something is wrong when NYGFH is making sense.

• Upvote 1

As a denver fan I agree with this. I don't want us to get cocky. There is plenty of reason to be optimistic. We are going to face a much bigger challenge next week having to shut down Nicks, Cruz, Randle and Myers.

I do not agree with the last comment about Habaughs challenge however. Stuff like that goes both ways. "IFFFFFF" Welker doesn,t muff the punt, ifffff trevathan doesn't drop the pick 6 prior to scoring. Ifff.....

I think after the half, the end was certain, it was just a matter of how it was going to play out. Balt needs weapons.

• Upvote 1

As a denver fan I agree with this. I don't want us to get cocky. There is plenty of reason to be optimistic. We are going to face a much bigger challenge next week having to shut down Nicks, Cruz, Randle and Myers.

I do not agree with the last comment about Habaughs challenge however. Stuff like that goes both ways. "IFFFFFF" Welker doesn,t muff the punt, ifffff trevathan doesn't drop the pick 6 prior to scoring. Ifff.....

I think after the half, the end was certain, it was just a matter of how it was going to play out. Balt needs weapons.

Normally Id agree with you. People can play the if game a lot and it wont change anything. However, as you stated its usally things with "if he didnt drop the punt". This is cut and dry. The play should have been challenged, it was clearly a drop. And even if it doesnt change the outcome of the game, it certainly changes the morale of the Ravens. It was straight down hill after that TD.

The amount of overestimating on one side and underestimating bred with hate on the other is making me laugh.

I see lots of Denver fans crowing in here crowing about beating the defending champs. However, let me take you back to week one of last year. The Dallas Cowboys went into New York and beat the defending champion Giants. Dallas fans went wild and proclaimed themselves the best team in the league. Alot of sportswriters also seemed to believe it. Then they had to play 15 more games and missed the playoffs by Dez Bryant's fingernail.

The point is, yes you had a strong win and you should be proud of that. However this Ravens team looks to be shaping up as one of the worst defending champions we've ever had, and one win doesn't make you the best football team in all of football ever. So don't go sizing yourselves up for that ring just yet. You still the rest of the season to play first.

Now if youll excuse me I have to drop the Ravens a few spots in my power-rankings. God that was embarrassing.

Edited by Jayrus

The amount of overestimating on one side and underestimating bred with hate on the other is making me laugh.

Post of the thread.