Sign in to follow this  
BUCK3Y3

Browns Discussion

Looks like another superbly dissapointing year. I feel like a complete asshole for even speaking positively about this team. The offensive line is junk. Greg Little is the worst wide receiver I have ever seen in my life. I really do not know how that bum in still on the roster. I'm not willing to put all the blame on Weeden though he certainly deserves a portion of it. He made several good passes and at least 2 of his picks I put on his WRs.

• Upvote 1

I tell you what, though, Trent Richardson is GOOD. Give him a passing game and he puts up elite numbers.

Possibly the worst O-line performance I've ever seen from the Browns.

Oniel Cousins and Buster Skrine need to be cut tomorrow morning.

Hopefully the Browns fair better when Josh Gordon comes back. I think the receivers we were pretty bad. Weeden made some suspect throws but the receivers were pretty bad which has already been mentioned. The Browns defense was pretty good having the game close after all of those turnovers. It's good to see that Jordan Cameron is balling though.

Cameron is solid. Gordon is solid and Bess is pretty good. Greg Little is absolute garbage. Dude drops so many damn passes. You have a relatively inexperienced QB behind a shit O-line throwing the ball to inept receivers and yet people still want to heap all the blame directly on Weeden. Its ridiculous. The Brown's need to solidify that O-line. T. Rich would benefit from it too. If he can be effective Weeden can be a little more effective. Obviously he's not destined for greatness to begin with but he can be serviceable. They need to address the O-line asap. The offense revolves around it.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ you are a beautiful strong NFL Cleveland Team ~

~ ~ ~ who don’t need no pass protection ~ ~ ~ ~

╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

• Upvote 1

Looks like another superbly dissapointing year. I feel like a complete asshole for even speaking positively about this team. The offensive line is junk. Greg Little is the worst wide receiver I have ever seen in my life. I really do not know how that bum in still on the roster. I'm not willing to put all the blame on Weeden though he certainly deserves a portion of it. He made several good passes and at least 2 of his picks I put on his WRs.

This is probably the biggest point I would stress about him as well...that and the fact that he was NEVER comfortable in the pocket. I expected Miami to bring heat on him, but it just got ridiculous to see him on the ground on what seemed like every other play. The guy needs help to be successful.

I tell you what, though, Trent Richardson is GOOD. Give him a passing game and he puts up elite numbers.

I was really pleased with how Miami was able to contain him...at least well enough to prevent video game numbers. His talent was my biggest fear heading into that game.

Possibly the worst O-line performance I've ever seen from the Browns.

Oniel Cousins and Buster Skrine need to be cut tomorrow morning.

No kidding. Cousins was an undisciplined clusterfuck on the line. Just terrible.

Hopefully the Browns fair better when Josh Gordon comes back. I think the receivers we were pretty bad. Weeden made some suspect throws but the receivers were pretty bad which has already been mentioned. The Browns defense was pretty good having the game close after all of those turnovers. It's good to see that Jordan Cameron is balling though.

Cameron's going to bust out. He was outstanding. The lack of Josh Gordon really gutted what could be a decent passing attack. There was no real vertical threat, and Miami had one less thing to worry about. It may honestly be why they got so much pressure on Weeden, too.

Cameron is solid. Gordon is solid and Bess is pretty good.

Bess didn't even miss a beat switching teams and schemes. That one tiptoe sideline catch in particular was a thing of beauty. I can't help but root for his success.

• Upvote 2

Week 2 Thoughts:

• I hate the god damn Ravens.
  • Offensive line has somehow just fallen apart. I thought going into this year we'd have a top notch line. Hasn't appeared that way so far.
  • Schwartz impressed me last year and is just getting dominated now.
  • The WR''s are to blame for most of our offensive ineptitude. They cannot get space and when they do they rarely catch the ball. Even with Josh Gordon coming back I'm not expecting much of an improvement.
  • I am of the belief that when the ball touches a WR's hands they should catch it. We must have lost at least 70 yards on balls that should have been caught.
  • Richardson and Cameron are the only ones that have shown that they can consistently catch the god damn ball. So we take out Richardson on passing situations. Goal line passing situations mind you.
  • Because we cannot throw the ball consistently the defense puts 8 in the box and we can't run anywhere.
  • I said at least 2 seasons ago we needed to bring in a proven veteran starting WR. That still holds to this day.
  • We could easily have a top 10 defense. Dare I say top 5 with any other CB than Skrine.
  • Mingo had some potentially game changing plays. He would of blocked a punt had he not been held, one sack, and that batted ball that could have turned into an INT. Keep it up.
  • I cannot stand watching this team play like shit week after week anymore.
Edited by Barracuda

Schwartz is playing poorly because he is matched up right next to Cousins. Cousins sucks and the poor guy has to try to help him out. Those big guys work hand in hand.

Once we get Gordon and Lava back, I think we'll see the improvement we've been looking for.

Next week we'll have our run D tested against AP. Ray Rice and Lamar Miller showed they couldnt run on us, but AP makes good defenses look like shit.

Schwartz has gone up against dudes named Cameron Wake and Elvis Dumervil. They're OK at football, and he'll be fine.

^ That's true, but I think he's significantly hampered by playing next to the fuckin 3rd string RG.

Something needs done with the O-line. I think its the biggest problem. Outside of WRs.

The right side of the oline. I think the left side has been playing well. We have played top notch front 7s the last two weeks. Let's see how we fair against the Vikings. Our biggest struggle should be containing AP.

I figured Hoyer would get the start. I know Lombardi and Banner were pretty high on him and we know how Lombardi feels about Weeden.

They might just want to get a feel for Hoyer to see how he handles the offense, I think they think they know what they have in Campbell.

Yeah, I said yesterday in the shoutbox that "Brandon" Hoyer would get the start ;i

Well, I'd rather Hoyer get the start than Campbell, but still think Weeden is our best option when healthy.

Coach Rob Chudzinski suggested that Brandon Weeden (thumb) isn't a lock to eventually get his starting job back.

Brian Hoyer, a favorite of GM Mike Lombardi, will start Sunday's game in Minnesota. "I'm going to leave all of the options open," said Chud. "It's a matter of where he’s at from a health standpoint -- all of that plays into it -- where we're at and how guys are playing, as well." With Trent Richardson gone, we can't imagine the Browns offense doing much under Hoyer. Weeden is a good bet to get the gig back once cleared.

I had seen this posted on another board and had to share...

529169_10151788603476773_168781213_n.jpg

I don't understand why Weeden is after Thad Lewis but that jersey it always saddening.