Vin

Chiefs @ Eagles

See, I dunno.. Maybe it's just me.. But when somebody gift wraps a win to somebody else.. I think of a team doing something very uncharacteristic or somebody getting really lucky... Something that wouldn't happen if you played again right afterwards or the next day... This is who the Eagles are, IMO. Vick can't read defenses, he can't make all of the throws, he doesn't have the awareness or mental capacity to consistently control that offense the way he needs to. He's proven it in multiple offensive schemes under multiple coaches.

Like I said, it's pretty pointless to argue the wording.. But Chiefs are awesome, Eagles are not. That first half of football of the Eagles season fooled many.

See, I dunno.. Maybe it's just me.. But when somebody gift wraps a win to somebody else.. I think of a team doing something very uncharacteristic or somebody getting really lucky... Something that wouldn't happen if you played again right afterwards or the next day... This is who the Eagles are, IMO. Vick can't read defenses, he can't make all of the throws, he doesn't have the awareness or mental capacity to consistently control that offense the way he needs to. He's proven it in multiple offensive schemes under multiple coaches.

Like I said, it's pretty pointless to argue the wording.. But Chiefs are awesome, Eagles are not. That first half of football of the Eagles season fooled many.

What I meant by it is that the Eagles made it easy by continually handing the ball back to KC. And in ways that the Chiefs didn't really have to force. Philly just screwed up. And yeah, if Philly keeps doing that then I'd say they gift wrap a lot of games.

I don't think the Eagles or the Chiefs are awesome. Though the Chiefs are clearly better improved and the better of the two. Their defense is legit, I'm just waiting to see what will happen when Alex Smith has to throw something other than a check down. I can't consider a team awesome when their QB can't push the ball down the field or outside the numbers.

What I meant by it is that the Eagles made it easy by continually handing the ball back to KC. And in ways that the Chiefs didn't really have to force. Philly just screwed up. And yeah, if Philly keeps doing that then I'd say they gift wrap a lot of games.

I don't think the Eagles or the Chiefs are awesome. Though the Chiefs are clearly better improved and the better of the two. Their defense is legit, I'm just waiting to see what will happen when Alex Smith has to throw something other than a check down. I can't consider a team awesome when their QB can't push the ball down the field or outside the numbers.

Ya, I just don't think the "help" the Eagles have them would have made much of a difference. Maybe the score is a little closer? Outcome is the same, either way, from what I saw.

They probably will struggle against the really powerful offenses in the league, but most teams do. If the game comes down to a shootout, I don't like the Chiefs chances much.

Justin Houston rapes souls. He's becoming one of my favorite non-Steelers players.

The Chiefs are definitely a good team this year. The AFC West as a whole is looking much stronger than most preseason pundits gave it credit for. I knew through that defense the Chiefs would take that game, it looks very nasty. I still can't see them being all that competitive in the big picture with Alex Smith though. They really have yet to face a great team, especially one with a good defense. They don't look like a team that can play from behind in big games.

Ya, I just don't think the "help" the Eagles have them would have made much of a difference. Maybe the score is a little closer? Outcome is the same, either way, from what I saw.

They probably will struggle against the really powerful offenses in the league, but most teams do. If the game comes down to a shootout, I don't like the Chiefs chances much.

You don't think 4 turnovers made much of a difference in an NFL game?

The Chiefs are definitely a good team this year. The AFC West as a whole is looking much stronger than most preseason pundits gave it credit for. I knew through that defense the Chiefs would take that game, it looks very nasty. I still can't see them being all that competitive in the big picture with Alex Smith though. They really have yet to face a great team, especially one with a good defense. They don't look like a team that can play from behind in big games.

They're very similar to the 2010 Chiefs. They could get to double digit wins if things break their way, but the same group is also very capable of being 7-9 or 8-8. Very dependent on the types of games played because their QB is a game manager.

I think Alex Smith has become more than a game manager, personally. When I think game manager, I think Josh Freeman when he isn't turning the ball over. I think Ryan Tannehill (At this point in his career). I think Jake Locker. Alex Smith is pretty damn good, and he's mobile. For what he lacks in prolific passing, he more than makes up for with his excellent instincts when it comes to escaping pressure and running with the ball.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I think Alex Smith has become more than a game manager, personally. When I think game manager, I think Josh Freeman when he isn't turning the ball over. I think Ryan Tannehill (At this point in his career). I think Jake Locker. Alex Smith is pretty damn good, and he's mobile. For what he lacks in prolific passing, he more than makes up for with his excellent instincts when it comes to escaping pressure and running with the ball.

When those 3 aren't turning the ball over, they're all significantly more effective downfield passers than Smith.

• Upvote 1

Alex Smith is a game manager...its what he is. It's not even an insult, he is a great game manager but he really doesn't offer much more then that other than the odd scramble/run. It works with good teams like KC and SF. I rarely saw him complete a pass longer than 5 yards last night, not including YAC. With Charles and that defense, its all KC really needs as long as he doesn't turn it over like Cassel.

Edited by BJORN

Alex Smith is a game manager...its what he is. It's not even an insult, he is a great game manager but he really doesn't offer much more then that other than the odd scramble/run. It works with good teams like KC and SF. I rarely saw him complete a pass longer than 5 yards last night, not including YAC. With Charles and that defense, its all KC really needs as long as he doesn't turn it over like Cassel.

Until they play a team with an offense good enough to take a nice lead. Then they're probably screwed. As a fan of division rival, I love Smith in KC. It makes them just good enough to miss out on the great franchise QB prospects, but not good enough to really do much in the playoffs- if they manage to make it there.

The Cheifs did a great job of shutting DeSean Jackson down most of the game.Once that happened the Eagles ability to hurt the Cheifs with the big play was really limited and Michael Vick looked lost not being able to go to him early and often. The Cheifs have an awesome defense this year. As long as Smith doesn't turn it over and Charles stays healthy they should be able to ride that defense to the playoffs this year. Their CB's are really big and the pressure they get up front allows them to bully opposing WR's. Look out for these guys.

As for the Eagles I think it's safe to say they gift wrapped it, but I also agree with JD. That's who we are. We're a young team, that's changed their identity offensively and defensively and Michael Vick has always been a turn over machine. This won't be the last game the Eagles gift wrap for their opponents. We need a QB who can make all the throws consistently and be able to read a defense. Until that happens We won't be a very good team. Even when Vick isn't throwing picks like in week 1 and 2 he's over throwing WR's. The Eagles just need a new QB. That simple.

Oh and Vinny Curry beasted

Edited by seanbrock

Their defense was very nice last night, at least when it mattered. The bend but don't break is eventually going to break though. They allowed over 250 yards on the ground, and its not exactly out of Vick's MO to fuck up multiple times a game, even against really crappy teams.

I saw 13 points off turnovers in the game. Might've been more. Since they won by 10, that's the difference in the game, though I realize there's no real way to say how things would've fallen if the Eagles offense and special teams didn't screw the pooch but...Yea, I'd say it made a difference. They weren't incredibly fantastic at moving the ball against our shitty defense, either, though they did convert an oddly high number of 3rd and longs. I'd call the Chiefs decent and a possible playoff team, at the moment. They are going to be a tough team to face but I'll reserve judgement on "awesome" for now.

edit: They were definitely the better team, and I hope it doesn't come off as anything else, and the Eagles have been remarkably adept at "gift wrapping" games in the past couple of seasons. I would call it "gift wrapping" every time they make boneheaded plays that ultimately give the other team a huge advantage, what the hell else do you call it?

Also, The Chiefs have so far been very good at NOT gift wrapping games this season. We'll see if that keeps up.

Edited by GA_Eagle

The NFL announced Friday it credited Chiefs OLB Justin Houston with an additional sack in Thursday night's Week 3 win over Philadelphia, bringing his game total to 4.5.

The NFL's sack leader on the season, Houston has 7.5 through three games. Still only 24 years old, Houston on Thursday became the NFL's third-fastest pass rusher to record 20 sacks to open their career, trailing only Derrick Thomas and Jared Allen. We studied Houston's tape coming out of Georgia in 2011, and his get-off was among the most explosive we've ever seen from a college edge rusher. Houston fell to the third round due to off-field issues.

Tough loss, but it was great to see Andy in town the night McNabb's number gets retired.

Chip Kelly is 1-2, Andy Reid is 3-0.