RazorStar

Biggest Threats in the AFC?

Well we're almost done week 3, and barring a surprise upset (it could happen, but regular season and all, Broncos are probably not losing) we're gonna have four 3-0 teams in the AFC. Aside from those, the Jets are 2-1 and have been in every game, the Texans showed resiliency against two tough opponents, but couldn't make it three. The Titans, Chargers and Bills have all played tight football and have much improved QB play, so we're looking at a real clusterfuck of a conference. And that's not even mentioning the 2-1 Ravens who haven't given up a TD since week 1 against us, or the Colts who upset the 49ers and beat them like red headed step children. Or even the Bengals who made the Aaron Rodgers throw 2 INT's for the first time in almost three years. Nearly every team in this conference has something going for them, so i have to ask you, who gets out of this hell of a conference?

In order I like:

1. Denver (till we get to the postseason, we can run over anyone. unless Peyton goes down, then we're fucked. It's like being Indianapolis all over again)

2. New England (That defense is looking like the Old Patriots. Though the offenses they've faced have been lead by inexperienced or bad QB's, they've been winning gritty, and that's ideal for confidence)

3. Miami (Dirty wins are still wins, and Miami is taking charge with Tannehill stepping up into that leadership role)

4. Baltimore (Who needs offensive weapons, just win with defense, special teams and pure grit.)

5, Kansas City (3-5 were really close, but you have to admire what Alex Smith does for this team. No turnovers means the bevy of star players they have on defense can feast and make huge plays.)

6. Cincinnati (2-1 somehow, that defense is incredible, and the offense is turning it over way too much, yet when you look at the numbers, Dalton is playing just well enough to win. And they're winning.)

7. AFC South. What a clusterfuck. Jake Locker is looking Clutch with a big playmaking defense, Indianapolis' offense is looking balanced and powerful, a huge step up from last year, and the Texans are confusing as hell, and may actually be the worst of the trifecta.)

You can't count out the Houstan Texans after 3 weeks no matter how bad they look. In the colder months when the offenses aren't putting up 30 points per game like we are seeing, Houstan will take Tennessee's place on this list.

The Titans have a tough schedule , with some big team names, but i see all of our games being winnable. We wont win them all of course, but our defense will keep us in most to all games. If our offense can keep clicking, we will be a surprise playoff team for sure. We have to win the tough games, or most of them. Now the games that worry me on the schedule, are the following.

THE JETS - They always play us well, and always give us a close game. We won last year ugly. Our D is much improved and if we can rattle Geno, we SHOULD WIN. We have to show up and take it because the Jets arent going to let us win. Should be a defensive match but i like both sides of the ball on our team then the Jets. Of course if we play dumb and make mistakes, they certainly are capable of walking out of here with a win. This has a 13-10 kinda feel to it.

THE CHIEFS - This game worries me due to their weapons on offense. They could definitely give our D fits. Charles is pure speed and Smith is one of 3 QBs this year who hasnt thrown a pick. ( Manning, Smith and Locker ). We can win this game but this one our offense will need to finish drives in this game. If we win both of these games, we will be 4-1 and one of the top teams so far in the AFC. If we lose one or both, well.. then well have our work cut out for us for sure.

THE COLTS - They picked up Richardson so that gives them another big power back to use against us. The Colts flat up own us since 03. They shut down San Fran yesterday, and yes SF has looked like shit the last 2 games. We HAVE to win at LEAST one of the meetings between us. To get in the playoffs, you have to beat your division opps. Im more worried on the Colts then Houston. We outplayed Houston for the most part, minus the dumb drive killing penalties we had against them that kept them in the game. We can beat Houston. The Colts will be a tougher task imo.

THE SEAHAWKS - Best of the West. They look to be a top 2 team in the NFL. They are good on both sides of the ball. This will prob be the ugliest game of the year for us. Both defenses are good. So a sloppy game is in order for this one. IF CJ can run on them, i feel we can upset them. Their offense has been average in terms of playmaking ability. Both D should keep big plays down, but it will come to either, who turns the ball over or which offense has the ball last to win the game. If we can take this game, the NFL should show us some love lol. If not, i wouldnt be too upset, they have a better team but we are capable of beating them.

THE BRONCOS - Peyton Manning loves our defense. He always lights us up. This game could be a upset for us, or the worst loss of the season. Im not confident on this game at all. If CJ can run all over them, i would feel better. But to match score for score with the Broncos is a big fucking task. Peyton Manning is playing MVP football and beating them will be the biggest task against any team this year imo.

Those are the key games IMO we have to win or show up in the most. We play the Jags twice, Cards, Texans, San Fran and Rams also. All those games i can see us winning. San Fran has been shit on offense and i like our chances against them and the rest of those teams. But even if we were to win all of those games i see us winning, we still wouldnt make the playoffs unless we show up in these key games. Its doable and well see. I have us 9-10 wins on the season.

Besides us making the playoffs, ( which i predicted ) its the Broncos, Bengals, Patriots, Texans and Chiefs.

Of course if we dont make it, it will be between the Jets, Colts or Dolphins. The Dolphins have played some good football. The Chiefs too. I agree this will be a clusterfuck of teams trying to get in. I have faith in us to make it but of course that dont mean shit if we dont earn these wins.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

Brian Hoyer is the biggest threat in the AFC.

• Upvote 1

Bengals sixth? After doing what they did to A-Rod? Dolphins may be 3-0 but honestly which is a bigger threat? Bengals or Dolphins?

Bengals sixth? After doing what they did to A-Rod? Dolphins may be 3-0 but honestly which is a bigger threat? Bengals or Dolphins?

Right now ill say the Bengals due to being in the playoffs before. I like Miamis start but idk if they will keep it up as the year goes.

The Bengals keep turning the ball over on offense, and that's what concerns me. I like their defense, but if the other team is playing efficient no turnover football, then I'll take the opponent every time.

Edited by RazorStar

For me, the Broncos stand alone in the AFC.

One thing though: I am really intrigued about how the Chiefs match up with the Broncos, in the regular season and possibly in the playoffs.

1. Denver

2. Baltimore

3. New England

4. KC.

5. Cincinnati

6. Miami

7. Houston

8. NYJ/Tennessee

That's who I got for now. I do like what Buffalo and San Diego have shown so far, even if both are 1-2.

Edited by BwareDWare94

:Titans::smug: