Sign in to follow this  
Zack_of_Steel

Kanaye West/Jimmy Kimmel "Rap Feud"

Oh dear lord someone should buttfuck Kanye until he's dead.

Jimmy Kimmel: 'Finally, I'm in a rap feud' with Kanye West
Randee Dawn TODAY contributor

Kanye West is not happy with Jimmy Kimmel. How can you tell? Just read a slew of tweets West generated on Thursday night, in which he called the host of "Jimmy Kimmel Live" a "manipulative media mutherf-----" and said "your face looks crazy" (among several other things).

Kimmel — who also got an angry call from the rapper, as he told his audience Thursday night — was delighted: "Finally, I’m in a rap feud. I always wanted to be in a rap feud."

The source of West's ire comes down to this: The musician gave an interview to BBC Radio One earlier this week in which he insisted he was the world's biggest rock star and the inventor of leather jogging pants. After showing a clip from the interview, Kimmel wondered, "Does Kanye West know you're not supposed to be your own hype man?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_O6QrdsP38

But Kimmel thought the interview was too odd not to run through a kid filter (previously he had Josh Groban sing/read some of West's tweets, if you recall), and decided to do a short re-enactment of some of the key exchanges, using child actors as West and his interviewer Zane Lowe. (The show added chocolate shakes to the re-enactment mix, which was a nice touch.)

The result was hilarious, and aired Tuesday night. But when West got wind of it, he took to Twitter and released the Kraken on Kimmel. He kicked things off on Thursday evening.

And in short succession West published nine more tweets aimed at Kimmel and the piece, incorporating Sarah Silverman and Ben Affleck references along the way. (Note: Some of the tweets contain vulgarity.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It05EvqFD6s

He also gave Kimmel a call, said the host: "He told me I had two choices: No. 1, apologize publicly. And that was really the only choice — the other choice he gave was that my life … 'your life,' he said, 'is going to be much better if you apologize.'"

According to Kimmel, on the phone West said, "I am the most powerful voice in media," and repeated "I am 'Pac" (likely a reference to the late rapper Tupac Shakur, Kimmel suggested).

Said Kimmel, "So, I don’t know. I don’t understand it. I don’t know why he’s angry. Again, the bit was, I thought, pretty innocuous."

Since Thursday night, West's feed has been silent. But no doubt Kimmel's staff are keeping a close eye on what may come next. They are, as Kimmel noted, at "DefKanye Five."

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/383383748835676160

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/383383962984259584

KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 15h

JIMMY KIMMEL PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES … OH NO THAT MEANS YOU WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TOO MUCH GOOD PUSSY IN YOUR LIFE…

YOU CAN'T PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES. YOUR FACE LOOKS CRAZY… IS THAT FUNNY?… OR IF I HAD A KID SAY IT WOULD IT BE FUNNY???

SHOULD I DO A SPOOF ABOUT YOUR FACE OR YOU FUCKING BEN AFFLECK…#NODISRESPECTTOBENAFFLECK #ALLDISRESPECTTOJIMMYKIMMEL!!!!

I LIKE YOU, YOU KNOW ME, I WENT TO YOUR FAMILY'S WEDDING

WHO YOU MADE IT CLEAR TO ME WASN'T YOUR FAMILY WHEN I WAS ON THEN PHONE WITH YOU 5 MINUTES AGO, YOU MANIPULATIVE MEDIA MUTHERFUCKER.

SARAH SILVERMAN IS A THOUSAND TIMES FUNNIER THAN YOU AND THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS IT!!!

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I thought the caps lock strategy was only for pre-puberty 8th graders. Gotta love when celebrities show their true colors.

• Upvote 1

What happened to Kanye being a Christian? Now he's all ego.

He doesn't hold a flame to the greats of his time, though. Whether he likes it or not, he's mediocrity defined, when it comes to rap, imo.

Kanye's actions seem like bipolar episodes. Makes me wonder if he can even control himself.

Kanye is on a Kanye Quest to troll Jimmy Kimmel at his Kanye Best but he needs to give it a Kanye Rest because he's miserably failing the Kanye Test.

• Upvote 1

He doesn't hold a flame to the greats of his time, though. Whether he likes it or not, he's mediocrity defined, when it comes to rap, imo.

Kanye's actions seem like bipolar episodes. Makes me wonder if he can even control himself.

Say what you will about West and his antics, but idt you can argue for him not being among the best. He's probably done more for rap/hip hop then a vast majority of individuals.

When it comes to music he's a genius, and he's probably been among the top 10 artists of any genre since his first classic (at least over the past 10 or so years)...

Say what you will about West and his antics, but idt you can argue for him not being among the best. He's probably done more for rap/hip hop then a vast majority of individuals.

When it comes to music he's a genius, and he's probably been among the top 10 artists of any genre since his first classic (at least over the past 10 or so years)...

If you mean that throw all artists of every type of music out Kanye is in the top 10, then no....just not. I have never understood the Kanye hype thing. And saying he is Pac is fucking nuts. Pac would not let this little bitch suck his nuts.

That dude is not top to in the decade as far as sales or popularity and it is not a wonder why. He should go back to being an abrasive douche bag who ruins white chicks moments. He was better at that than trying to act hard. Put this dude in any sort of fight or in a real ghetto and odds are this bitch comes out with kool aid on his lips and a sore colin.

I would also rip Kanye for calling out the voting process with Taylor Swift winning an award, but is Beyonce any better? Nope. Choreographed pop is worse than pop country, imo. If the song is sung along with a dance number, I don't dig it. Just sing the fucking song.

And I'll disagree on Kanye's genius, but I'm not that exposed to rap/hip hop. I've got my two artists who I really dig (Nas, Nappy Roots) and I know that they're far beyond what Kanye's ever released.

I would also rip Kanye for calling out the voting process with Taylor Swift winning an award, but is Beyonce any better? Nope. Choreographed pop is worse than pop country, imo. If the song is sung along with a dance number, I don't dig it. Just sing the fucking song.

And I'll disagree on Kanye's genius, but I'm not that exposed to rap/hip hop. I've got my two artists who I really dig (Nas, Nappy Roots) and I know that they're far beyond what Kanye's ever released.

I have not seen any real music in a few years. I think it happens in spurts. At least for me it always comes in spurts. There are a few years that do well and then some not so good.

I blame all this on the dissolution of Alterbridge.

I have not seen any real music in a few years. I think it happens in spurts. At least for me it always comes in spurts. There are a few years that do well and then some not so good.

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Meh it was kind of just some comedic relief for the inevitable lull in the music industry, but Alterbridge was the last band that I really thought had some substance to their music.

What do you mean?

Meh it was kind of just some comedic relief for the inevitable lull in the music industry, but Alterbridge was the last band that I really thought had some substance to their music.

I'm so excited about their new album. It took me a long time to adjust to Myles Kennedy's voice. I always understood what made him a phenomenal vocalist, but just like Geddy Lee and Chris Cornell, his sound is definitely an acquired taste.

What do you mean?

I'm so excited about their new album. It took me a long time to adjust to Myles Kennedy's voice. I always understood what made him a phenomenal vocalist, but just like Geddy Lee and Chris Cornell, his sound is definitely an acquired taste.

Meh, every sense the band has decided that its memebers is going to do shit on their own, with creed, sevendust, slash, and the muppets I have felt their shit is watered down. Pre 2009 shit was the best, the rest is well just that...the rest.

We'll probably disagree a bit, there. I thought their earliest stuff sounded too much like Creed. One thing I did like, though, was Mark inventing his own guitar tunings for their debut album. That was really cool.

Kanye needs to get his head out of his ass. And funny how he only ever calls out people who he knows won't do shit back to him.

Edited by RANGA

If you mean that throw all artists of every type of music out Kanye is in the top 10, then no....just not. I have never understood the Kanye hype thing. And saying he is Pac is fucking nuts. Pac would not let this little bitch suck his nuts.

That dude is not top to in the decade as far as sales or popularity and it is not a wonder why. He should go back to being an abrasive douche bag who ruins white chicks moments. He was better at that than trying to act hard. Put this dude in any sort of fight or in a real ghetto and odds are this bitch comes out with kool aid on his lips and a sore colin.

He has at least one (college dropout), if not two album(s) (Late Registration) that pops up on almost every major music/media magazines, etcs, when discussing the most important albums of the 21st century (so far into the century) in music.

That number goes to three/four, maybe even five (if you include Watch The Throne) when discussing just the best among hip hop albums.

He's the only guy who's name would pop up in any argument involving the top 10 in terms of both rappers and producers of this time. He's won more grammys then any other rapper if you combine the 2000s and the 2010s.

He's also been reffered to by many magazines and outlets as the most influential rapper of this past decade. The most succesful rapper in the industry right now (Drake) can thank Kanye West for almost all of his success as every ablum he's ever made is almost a carbon copy of 808 and Heartbrakes with better singing.

Even if he's not on 2Pac, Biggie, EM's level in terms of talent (rapping wise), he completely makes up for it by the influence he's made in the game and how many trend setting production he's created.

There is almost no arguing against him being considered a musical genius at this point in his career. This isn't just the opinion of magazines and media outlets either, his own peers in many genres of music consider him one. Regardless of how much people hate his personality, it's almost crazy at this point to say he doesn't hold a flame to any of the greats.

• Upvote 1

No that is all opinion. The fact is when it comes to sales in this century he is not in the top 10, does not have top 10 in anything really those are facts verified by numbers. BET is not a credible source, but people who compile lists who have empiric data is not something I would argue with when it comes to sales.

Now you can make an argument for him as your opinion as many do with just about everything, which is fine and dandy, but the fact is Kanye is not a top 10 artist in this century in terms of sales or money made.

And IMO he holds no candle to 2Pac or Biggie. He is a squeaky wheel and he gets the grease.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Being popular with the general public =/= greatness. The general public are fans of Duck Dynasty, Taylor Swift, Jersey Shore, Miley Cyrus, The Black Eyed Peas, Fast and the Furious, et cetera.

No that is all opinion. The fact is when it comes to sales in this century he is not in the top 10, does not have top 10 in anything really those are facts verified by numbers. BET is not a credible source, but people who compile lists who have empiric data is not something I would argue with when it comes to sales.

Now you can make an argument for him as your opinion as many do with just about everything, which is fine and dandy, but the fact is Kanye is not a top 10 artist in this century in terms of sales or money made.

And IMO he holds no candle to 2Pac or Biggie. He is a squeaky wheel and he gets the grease.

This isn't a case about record sales. I'm simply arguing against Bware's statement that Kanye holds no flame against the greats of his time. Which is far from the case as the as many of his albums have being widely considered to be the best and most influential of his time- regardless of sales. This is like, discounting Nas as a rapper because even though he created an album that is viewed as arguably the greatest of all time (in hip hop) because it wasn't as successful record-wise as other great albums from the 90s.

Record sales aside which we all know is based more on radio appeal, and hype, then anything (at least in today's hip hop world), Kanye West and what he has meant to the music industry isn't just my opinion and the opinion of the media. Even his own peers in the industry (not just rap and hip hop either) compliment him for what he is and what he has meant to the music industry. And the amount of Grammys he's won in comparison to those peers speaks for that as well.

Even if it is just opinion, it's pretty universal opinion that mostly everyone agrees with, regardless of how much they like Kanye the person.

Best of this generation in rap. Far from mediocre.

Best of this generation in rap. Far from mediocre.

That depends on who you're considering as part of his generation. I find artists like Nappy Roots much much better.

I agree with Ngata because I don't think that highly of Kanye, but I agree with Dmac as well because popularity =/= quality.

But Kanye has both, while many artists only have one or the other...see where I'm going?

Kanye isn't my favorite rap artist, btw.