housemd

Jake Locker could miss 4-8 weeks

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the belief is that Jake Locker (hip) could miss 4-8 weeks.

The Titans are still awaiting more testing before releasing an official timetable, but this is going to railroad their 3-1 start to the season. Locker was taking major strides forward in his third year, completing a career-high 62.2 percent of his passes with six touchdowns, no interceptions and a 99.0 passer rating. Now they'll have to turn to noodle-armed ex-Bill Ryan Fitzpatrick. Downgrade the entire Titans offense.

well, we're going to see how far this defense can carry us, we've also got a pretty rough schedule coming up leading to our bye: v. KC, @ Seattle, v. SF

Tennessee isn't allowed to have nice things. Seriously. The only reason we were allowed to have McNair is because he was some kind of spartan warrior who could play through any and every injury.

Vince Young starts playing well? Make him act out like a 5 year old.

Kerry Collins QBs the team to 13-3? Start 0-6 with a 59-0 game the next year.

Jake Locker starts to develop in to a really good QB? Suffers injury that could change his career.

I don't even know why I bother half the time.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

Sucks for Titans fans. Hopefully Fitzpatrick can turn around and be productive because they do have weapons on the offensive side of the ball. Hopefully they can compliment the defense which has been incredible since Greg Williams came to town.

At least the Jets did something good in this game. :shifty:

Seriously though this sucks for you guys. This was the first game I got see of Locker this season and he looked miles better than last season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm pretty upset by this even. I was starting to really like Locker's game.

• Upvote 1

Fitz will throw TDs, but he'll also throw INTs.

Fitz will throw TDs, but he'll also throw INTs.

that's what's got me worried, a huge reason we're doing as well as we are is that we've yet to turn the ball over, most of the credit for that goes to Locker, I have no confidence that will continue with a guy who's thrown 81 picks in 75 career games

914/1515 comp/att 60.3 comp% 10,232 yards 6.7 ypa 71 TDs 54 INTs and a 81.2 QB rating

Are Fitz's stats over the last 3 seasons/45 starts, not counting his stats from yesterday. The Bills defense was ranked 26th or worse all 3 years in points and 24th or worse all 3 years in yards.

He has a MUCH better defense here, a better receiving corp and a better offensive line. I think we'll be fine with Fitz for a while.

I just worry if Locker will be the same after this injury.

“We received reassuring reports from the second MRI today and they confirmed that there was no major damage to Jake Locker’s hip joint – it is classified as a sprained hip. The area will need time to heal and strengthen, but he won’t require surgery and he has already begun a rehab routine for both his hip and knee. We certainly would expect him to miss a few weeks, but we are encouraged by the news today.”

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Titans-Statement-on-Jake-Lockers-Injury/4455839a-0cd3-46a6-be22-dcf60a80d015

ESPN Medical analyst said expect him to miss about a month.

So, looks like he could be back by the St Louis game.

Losing Locker's mobility will certainly hurt but Fitzpatrick is probably one of the more capable backups in the league.

Per Rotoworld.com:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Titans expect Jake Locker (hip) to start Sunday's Week 7 game against the 49ers.
This comes as a surprise. Locker was listed as questionable on the injury report after getting in limited practices this week. However, beat writers observed Locker with a noticeable limp in Friday's session. He was carted off the field in Week 4 and looked like he was going to miss more than three weeks. Ryan Fitzpatrick lost both of his starts in Locker's place. Locker is a low-end QB2. Oct 19 - 11:44 AM

wow, I do trust this coaching staff to not put him out too early, but this does seem really quick especially since holding him out of one game gives him two weeks with the bye coming up, that said I'm great to hear this because he's definitely on the verge of earning the injury prone label, fortunately if you can play through enough 'injury prone' quickly becomes 'tough fighter'