BigBen07

2013-14 NHL Season Thread

GO DUCKS GO DO IT FOR TEEMU!!!! and you mean the west stevo. Last WC is between Stars and Coyotes and face off last game of the season.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

I don't see the Lightning having an easy time with Montreal, especially without Bishop.

I don't see any team "having an easy time with Montreal."

But not having Bishop hurts badly. Really REALLY hoping it's nothing serious and he's back in net for us once the playoffs start. But yeah, Lindback has been bad, but off the bench two-minutes into the game against a desperate Leafs team he played extremely well and shut them out. If Bishop is out for a bit, I hope that's a sign of things to come for Lindy. We'll see...

Either way...PLAYOFF HOCKEY MUTHAFUCKAAAASSS!!!! :rock:

4-5 seed matchup in the West is going to be insane.

• Upvote 1

Red Wings going to OT clinches them their 121231434th consecutive playoff berth and the Blue Jackets are leading 3-0, doesn't look good for the Caps

:nonono:

...and you mean the west stevo. Last WC is between Stars and Coyotes and face off last game of the season.

Good call. Dumb typo on my part. And it'll be epic if the 8th seed comes down to that game.

I don't see any team "having an easy time with Montreal."

Fair enough. :yep:

Gonna be a great postseason.

No Caps, no Sens, no Leafs, no Devils, no Islanders...

tumblr_inline_mi0n0bsJXd1qz4rgp.gif

Great win last night over the Flyers. Lindy was on it again for the second game in a row. The guy looks 100x more confident and calm in the net than the prior starts he's had. What ever he did to fix it, so far, is working.

With the Habs losing to the Islanders, if we win our remaining two games we get home ice. If the Habs lose again, we just have to win one more game of the remaining two games left.

PLAYOFF HOCKEY ALMOST HERE!!! :rock:

nice of the Caps to start playing as soon as they're out of it, we're in a three game winning streak that includes a 4-1 win over St. Louis, if we'd started playing like this a week earlier we'd still be in the playoff hunt :disgust:

Haven't been watching much hockey lately, with the Bulls doing so well. I'm not sure how much I like our chances this playoffs. It seems that we for the most part dominate the other team, or lose close games. I could be wrong though. Not much domination in the playoffs, if I'm right though...

NBA pls.

Rangers or Habs aren't winning the Cup Phil. :nope:

I just realized that if the Avs lose the next two games and Chicago wins out, Avs still get home ice but obviously they want that top spot in the division. Avs have the tiebraker over the Blues (ROW) so if everyone finishes with 111 points, Colorado wins the division.

And to think I was joking about the Blues losing the division. Now St. Louis could in be danger in the first round should the standings remain static.

CALGARY, AB – The Calgary Flames announced today that they have signed forwards Bill Arnold and Johnny Gaudreau from Boston College to entry level contracts following the conclusion of their NCAA careers.

“We are excited to welcome both Bill Arnold and Johnny Gaudreau to professional hockey after reaching agreements today on entry level contracts with the Calgary Flames,” said Flames President of Hockey Operations Brian Burke. “Bill is a solid two-way player with good offensive instincts combined with power and grit. Congratulations to Johnny on capping off an amazing college season with the Hobey Baker Award, a very well deserved achievement. Johnny is a gifted player with high end skill and smarts. We look forward to having both players, as they take the next step forward in contributing to the success of the Calgary Flames.”

Arnold, a native of Needham, MA, just completed his senior year at Boston College finishing tied for second in NCAA assists (39) and tied for fifth in points (53) while setting a career high in each category. Arnold averaged .91 points per game during his college career finishing with 58 goals and 86 assists for 144 points and 175 penalty minutes in 159 career games. He helped capture the NCAA National Championship with the Eagles in 2012 during his sophomore year.

Is it just me or are the Flames on more of an upswing than the Oilers?

I don't watch NCAA games often but seeing Gaudreau's highlights i think he'll be a hell of a player

Gaudreau was damn good in the World Junior Gold Medal winning team with John Gibson, and Jacob Trouba.

Alright, where the hell was this Caps team when the games mattered?

Rangers or Habs aren't winning the Cup Phil. :nope:
When did I ever say either of them were? :shrug:

Lmao Blues. Playing at their absolute worst right before the playoffs.

Helps the Avs out big time by giving them home ice. They could potentially win the West too!

One thing I do like about this new postseason setup is that it'll really intensify division rivalries. Having to play the same teams in your division to get into the conference finals is pretty exciting.

One thing I do like about this new postseason setup is that it'll really intensify division rivalries. Having to play the same teams in your division to get into the conference finals is pretty exciting.

I kinda wish they'd gone all in with the divisional playoffs, by which I mean only have the wild cards cross over if both WCs are from the same division, as it is the top seed plays the worse WC regardless of division, right now it looks like it's going to work out because in the West both WCs are from the Central division and in the East the top team (Boston) is in the same division as the lower WC (Detroit) but it'd be nice if they just set it up that way by rule

Joe Pavelski- 40 goals. Would be nice to see an Av score 30. O'Reilly needs 2 vs. the Ducks tomorrow... to reach 30. Unlikely. Think we have the 2nd most 20+ goal scorers though.

Ryan Malone caught with possession of cocaine. Yikes.

http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/lightnings-malone-arrested-on-cocaine-charge-20140412/

Yeah.

I hope they guy gets the help he needs, but fortunately for the Lightning, this most likely gives them the out they needed to part ways with Malone. He's been pretty crap the last two years.

Again, hopefully he's given/gets the any help that he may need.