BigBen07

2013-14 NHL Season Thread

East>West what mav said. Really pisses me off when people slob all over Karlsson I was really glad when the TSN crew ripped him for his defensive efforts. dude is a fucking pussy that does not want to be involved in any puck battles and Heatley owned him last night for that.

You're adding to the relevance Bjorn :smug:

Jagr on Martin Brodeur, who's won five straight and seven of his past eight starts: "Probably the best goalie in the League right now."

:yep:

You're adding to the relevance Bjorn :smug:

Jagr on Martin Brodeur, who's won five straight and seven of his past eight starts: "Probably the best goalie in the League right now."

:yep:

If the best player in the league can't even make the East relevant...how can I? :shrug:

Are people actually arguing that the East is better than the West in terms of hockey strength?

If they are they're just being delusional.

The reason why the media doesn't cover the West a lot is as Maverick said, all of the popular teams are in the East.

A lot of fans of East teams such as Toronto, Pittsburgh, Boston and the like see many West teams like Anahiem, Nashville, San Jose, and Phoenix as non-traditional hockey markets. As a result, the media picks it up and ensures coverage is primarily dedicated to the East. It also doesn't help the West's case that the face of the league (Sidney Crosby) is on the Penguins, so naturally there's even more focus.

I know the west is better but fuck it. I'm being biased.

BZp0Tb9IcAA9rcL_zpsb1d8d3b2.jpg

Ya idk if you seen it bay but it was a good game. Coyotes got shook though and took sloppy penalties during the 3 rd.

When did Max P look like O'Reilly? lol

I missed it but I watched the condensed replay. Coyotes color guy called the OT penalty against Yandle soft and said our guy sold it idk

O'Reilly may be operpaid but he's starting to be a pretty good offensive player and he already was an outstanding defensive forward

Macphotobomb_zps7df69017.gif

Edited by Bay

Bought Center Ice. Cable company finally added the HD channels so I pulled the trigger on it. :yep:

Grabovski's a beast

kGcIH6R.gif

this happened with 8 seconds left in the second period, after 20 stitches he was back out on the ice in the third, not sure how to imbed it, but here's a pic from Karl Alzner's twitter account, I guess I should give a warning that it's a bit graphic, but you should expect that when you just saw a .gif of a skate to the face, and really this could have been much worse:

pic.twitter.com/xMbDrFGxKP

Edited by oochymp

Wow that could've been bad..I love that he went right back out on the ice.

Hey guys who leads the league in save percentage :smug:

I'll be at the Flyers/Panthers game tomorrow night. :rock:

Hey guys who leads the league in save percentage :smug:

James Reimer I'm assuming

• Upvote 1

Wow that could've been bad..I love that he went right back out on the ice.

yeah, and to think he got booed because the home fans thought he was faking

(to be fair, he did hop right up on the stoppage and I don't think many fans in the arena could see the blood on the ice)

Your Flyers are on quite the run.

Your Flyers are on quite the run.

It's just typical Flyers, starting off horrendously slow. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, and not just a hot streak.

I want revenge on those son of a bitch Blues. I'll say they beat us again but only by a goal or two.

Let's take a look at Team USA shall we.

Left Wing: Zach Parise, Max Pacioretty, James van Riemsdyk

Center: Ryan Kesler, Joe Pavelski, David Backes, Paul Stastny/Derek Stepan

Right Wing: Patrick Kane, Phil Kessel, Bobby Ryan, Ryan Callahan, Dustin Brown/Jason Pominville/Kyle Okposo/T.J. Oshie/Blake Wheeler. One of these guys needs to play the left side.

Defense: Ryan Suter, Kevin Shattenkirk, Dustin Byfuglien, Keith Yandle, Ryan McDonagh, Erik Johnson/Jack Johnson/Nick Leddy/Torey Krug

Goalies: Ryan Miller, Craig Anderson, Jimmy Howard/Ben Bishop/Cory Schneider. If Quick misses.

Always thought Pominville was Canadian lol. Unless it's like a Stastny thing where he has dual citizenship and plays for Team USA because he knows he's not getting playing time on Canada.

This is what I have for now. Might be forgetting/leaving people out.

no John Carlson?

I told you I would forget some! Also I know he is playing well, but is he trusted for USA?

no John Carlson?

I told you I would forget some! Also I know he is playing well, but is he trusted for USA?

most projections I've seen have him listed in the second D pairing, I will never claim to know much hockey beyond the Caps so I can only say that he's been playing very well