Piggly Wiggly

MLB 2013 Postseason thread

Guess it is time to pick the lesser of two evils ........go Red Sox. LOL guess I have been pulling for losers all year though since my Braves bowed out, the Falcons and Dawgs been bit bad by the injury bug. Hopefully I haven't jinxed the BoSox.

I REFUSE to root for the Cardinals even if they were fighting the Nazis.

• Upvote 1

We've only won one more title than the Sox in the last 10 years. :shifty: Although to be fair, if it wasn't against us, I would probably be rooting for the Sox as well.I have a ton of respect for John Farrell and what he has helped turn around in Boston.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Good luck to your team F4E, I've always had a ton of respect for the Cardinals. Hopefully it's a classic series.

Wacha and Wainwright scare me a lot. Kelly I think is a little more hittable, and Lynn is very hittable. I think we're gonna split the 1st 2, the Red Sox win 2 of 3 in St Louis, St Louis wins Game 6 in Fenway, then the Sox win Game 7.

Hopefully some of the guys in our lineup who've been struggling come to life here. Namely Stephen Drew aka John Farrell's son who is an auto out ATM. Middlebrooks really should be playing instead of him. Victorino had the huge grand slam but he really had a bad series other than that. Pedroia hasn't had a great playoffs either. Hopefully he will get hot starting Game 1.

Xander Bogaerts I would like to see be moved up in the batting order. He's hitting 9th but he really should be batting 6th. And Nava deserves to play in a couple games this series over Gomes.

And good luck to your Sox, sir. Let me remind you that you owe us one after 04. Just throwing that out there. Our lineup becomes even more deadly if Allen Craig can DH as he says he is ready to.Matt Carpenter has finally started hitting as well... Our two best hitters emerging/coming back for the world series? Victory.

The combination of our lineup, rotation, and pen should net us the title this year. Plain and simple. I expect Waino and Wacha to win, Lynn to lose, and Kelly to keep us in the game. Obviously, anything can happen on any night, so I am not going to make any brazen predictions. And to be honest, this is the first time I've been confident, which means we will probably lose....

And it seems like the team is really working to get Carlos Beltran a title. I don't know how much better that will make us, or just put unneeded pressure on the young guys... But those Cardinal players have bigger goals than just winning a title for themselves.

It's time to capture #12 in '13.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Twitter-Ken_Rosenthal-BeltranwillbeinSTL

Just gave that fucking game away. Ortiz hits the homer off Wacha to give us the 2-1 lead.

Then Lackey starts off the 7th by K'ing Craig. Good.

Then he walks David fucking Freese. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?? FREESE SUCKS

Then, he has has an 0-2 count on Jon Jay. He threw 3 fastballs to him and he clearly could not get around on them. He was fouling them off, and late. Just overmatched.

So what does Lackey do? He speeds up his bat by throwing him a 1-2 slider down and in allowing him to bloop it into right. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

Jarrod Saltalamacchia is the most useless fucking catcher. Just cannot do anything as a baseball player. Can't hit. Can't throw out runners. Can't catch a ball. Can't call a game.

David Ross can do 3 out of those 4 things at an elite level. He should be the catcher every single fucking game

And Breslow who's been great all year just completely shit the bed. How do you walk the #9 hitter? How? And the overthrow at 3rd oh my goddddddddd

If we lose this god damn series I'm going to murder John Lackey, Craig Breslow, Jarrod Saltalmacchia, and John Farrell for starting Jarrod Saltalamacchia. And for benching Nava for Gomes.

There is no logical reason for starting Gomes over Nava. Nava is a better baseball player. When asked why he's been starting Gomes over Nava, Farrell's reasoning was that Gomes has a "energy" when he's in the lineup, and we've also yet to lose when he's played. So basically our manager is a superstitious. He's sitting the better player for the shittier player because the team just happened to win when the shitty player has been in there.

I mean Salty just cannot fucking hit right now. Ross even got a hit last game and the defensive upgrade he provides is massive so if Ross does not start Game 3 I swear to christ I am gonna murder Farrell.

And Stephen Drew is so terrible these playoffs. Like he is worse than a pitcher right now.

Gomes, Salty, Drew, and the pitcher. We will have 4 pitchers in our lineup :rock:

9 out of the last 10 WS have gone to the winner of Game 1. History is on your side.

Also, you guys didn't look nearly as bad as we did in Game 1. Seriously. I don't know what team showed up Game 1, but that was not the St. Louis Cardinals. Absolutely fucking horrific in every sense of the word. After the game, Waino said he spent the last couple of innings out on the mound purely trying to fix his mechanics (IE: they pretty much gave up).

Guys stepped up tonight, though. Limited those horrible mistakes, some clutch hitting, and an epic outing from the pitchers and this series is tied.

Regardless of how this series ends, I am going to remain a delusional Cardinals fan and say we are the better team. The Red Sox lineup is just incredibly lackluster in my mind. Lmao. Big Papi is a fucking monster, no doubt. If the Sox win the series it will be because of starting pitching and Big Papi. Pedroia can be a huge head ache and Napoli has come through at times... but other than that, I want to see StL breeze through that lineup (obviously, doesn't happen this way.. hence my delusioned state)

Joe Kelly and Lance Lynn need to put on their big boy pants because 2 out of 3 in St. Louis is a must. Period.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Oh... And if we lose, at least we (well, I am assuming :laugh:) didn't cheat on the way there. :laugh:

https://vine.co/v/hpAnrTTIXLE

Seriously though, Lester's gooey glove substance didn't make Pete Kozma commit 2 errors or cause Waino to have arguably his worst outing of the season. Still interesting... Wonder if we see it when he takes the mound next. If you don't you have to assume it was illegal don't you?

Edited by Favre4Ever

Got to love baseball. Corked bats, doctored balls, stealing signs---they are all part of the game whether we like it or not. Actually since the game is much more mental than many realize just the actual THOUGHT of the other team doing something dishonest can make a huge difference in the outcome because it can adversely affect the player who "thought it".

You didn't even hit the big one. Roids. :laugh: Ship Big Papi's ass out of this series. Ha. Seriously though, I think it's time to start walking that guy. :shifty:

All I'm praying for is at the very least a 6 game series, regardless of who wins. And I hope they continue to be as close as Game 2 was.

That game ended on complete fucking bullshit last night. You can't call that unless it was intentional. You can clearly tell in the full speed that the force of him smashing his legs on the ground bounced his feet in the air.

That should have gone into extra innings. Fuck the umps

That game ended on complete fucking bullshit last night. You can't call that unless it was intentional. You can clearly tell in the full speed that the force of him smashing his legs on the ground bounced his feet in the air.

I believe the rule states that it doesn't have to be intentional, so shitty as it is, the umps got the call right.

I was watching without sound, what exactly happened? It looked like he never touched home plate, so whats the controversy about interference?

Ya, as Stevo said, intentions is not part of the rule. If it was, I am sure you would see a lot more "accidents" of fielders getting in the way of baserunners. I also vehemently deny that that the force of his legs hitting the ground just made them bounce up. lmao. I am not saying he did it intentionally at all, and he probably just lifted his legs sub-consciously -- but that doesn't change the fact that he halted the attempt to advance bases.

And if he isn't there laying on the ground in that very moments -- legs up or not. Craig walks home.

I was watching without sound, what exactly happened? It looked like he never touched home plate, so whats the controversy about interference?

He's just awarded the base. Technically, there was no play at the plate even though Craig kept running after the obstruction call.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Everyone hates to see any game end that way, much less a world series game but as the rule is there is no doubt that the umps made the only correct call.

That is the first time ever a Series game ended like that. What a crazy way to get a win. Joyce made the correct call IMO.

Another first: Game 4 is the first Series and first playoff game in MLB history to end on a pickoff.

Game 5 is going to be fun.

The rich get richer in baseball. When is a dogshit team like the Braves gonna step up and win a title? All these hallowed franchises just taking turns every year gets to be no fun. ;)

Congratulations to the Red Sox, one heck of a run after that disastrous season last year.

Edited by Favre4Ever