Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

Guest Phailadelphia

Memphis was among the best teams in the league when healthy last year. Wouldn't shock me to see them as a top 4 seed.

The direction the Bulls have gone in has me excited :yep: With a PG like Rose you absolutely must surround him with good shooting (being that's not his strength.) He can penetrate and draw defenders and kick out to open shooters or if the defenders stay home take it to the rim and either dish off to a big man or score himself. Aaron Brooks' strength is also penetrating to the basket so the same things can be accomplished with him running point as well. Adding McDermott, Gasol, and Mirotic as proven shooters will add an element the Bulls offense was severely missing. Being Gasol and Mirotic are stretch 4s this will also draw another defender out of the paint for Rose to exploit. Gasol is also a more reliable pick and pop player than Boozer or at worst the same. Not to mention Gasol will be freed up to do what he does best with Noah/Taj doing the dirty work down low. Snell is the darkhorse here who if he does become a legit role player as Jimmy Butler has become before him then the Bulls are really looking good in the East.

• Upvote 1

Derrick Rose might be done dude. He didn't look like the same guy after the first injury. I mean, so much of Rose's game is predicated on his athleticism. The Bulls are better with or without him though than they were last year and they've proven that they're arguably the best team in the East with the big 3 no longer together.

I'm not even a huge Rose fan like most Bulls fans and I wouldn't say that. Hell he was showing that explosiveness in the game where he tore his meniscus against Portland:

After another year past the ACL surgery (over 2 years), and after a lesser knee injury in a torn meniscus (which he got repaired like Westbrook, not removed like Wade) is he finally over the knee issues? Eric Bledsoe, Blake Griffin, and Russell Westbrook all came back after meniscus tears and had all their explosiveness. Being Rose is still young and due to his similar athletic genetic gifts similar to the aforementioned players it's reasonable to assume his meniscus will heal just the same. The biggest hurdle for Rose last year was obviously the mental hurdle of finally playing full speed on the ACL. In the beginning of the year it wasn't even so much lost explosion as it was flat out rust. Dude's timing was waaaay off. He looked like he hadn't played real basketball in a year, it showed. As the games piled up he finally got back into his game then the meniscus tear happened.

Now the question is, were the knee injuries simply bad luck or is his style of play the culprit and cause of future knee/soft tissue issues? I can see either/or. I'm more confident in him still having his explosiveness than I am in him not getting injured again. I personally think he'll still have explosiveness I just don't know if his style of play will bring more future injuries or not. That we'll just have to wait and see.

The only think with Rose is that he's had so many knee injuries both a short span of time and they have been all to important ligaments/cartilage, it doesn't matter how much of a star he is that shit is going to take a ton out of his athleticism. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his style changed a lot and I think for his career he probably needs to change his style of play.

For the Cavs I am now leaning more towards signing and keeping Wiggins than trading him for Love, Wiggins so far to me has looked like a great team player and a guy that could progress into a dominant player. Also imo he bring a more all round game which is what is needed over Love's grab and shoot offence and lack luster D.

Love would really screw our cap space up. We would have 3 players with max deals on the team and end up being stuck with scrubs to fill out the roster. I don't want that situation.

No signing Wiggins make a much more sense than going for Love, I'd much prefer to save the cap to give to Irving for example if as expected his game goes up in having a player like LBJ to pass to. I know that Mike Miller is trying to get Ray Allen to the Cavs as well, his 3's from the bench would be invaluable to support the team and his experience would be amazing to the younger guys.

The thought of Wiggins and Lebron on the wings in transition is just........... :popcorn:

Picking up Love wouldn't be too bad of a move but trading Wiggins would be idiotic given his upside and contract. And just a interesting thought....why not wait until the trade deadline next season to go after Love? I doubt he is staying in Minny and by then Minny will be forced to try to get something for him.

Edited by BJORN

Cavs are threatening to sign Wiggins now which likely means they will be trading him. Just making the TWolves act fast or risk losing out on the trade.

Twolves would be fucking stupid to hold out on Wiggins, Bennett, and a 1st. They know they won't be able to keep Love.

Guest Phailadelphia

Cleveland won't have the cap space to sign Love as a FA in the offseason, so Minnesota has plenty of leverage here.

Unrelated but sort of related: it's weird seeing people say DRose needs to change his game. The game that got him to the NBA and won him an (undeserved) MVP. If he changes his game he's going to be a shit player. And he looked just fine after coming back from a knee injury last year - as fast and athletic as ever. And if Westbrook is any indication, the meniscus tear shouldn't harm his athleticism either. Injuries are going to happen. You can't actively try to prevent them by changing up your game.

Yeah, Minnesota has all the leverage here. They're the team with the known asset, and only GSW has offered proven players in return. Now, I'd rather have Wiggins and Bennett over Thompson and Lee any day of the week, based on sheer potential alone and on how overrated Klay is, but if Cleveland won't include Wiggins, there's no reason to turn down Thompson and Lee, if they're offered.

Guest Phailadelphia

Minnesota hasn't given us any indication that they know how to develop young players. For the sake of their careers, I hope Wiggins & Bennett aren't traded there.

Lol @ Chicago saying they'll give up Taj and Butler for Love.

If we do that....

9V18S.gif

I smell smoke just to make Cleveland overbid/overwhatever for Love.

Bulls roster as it stands now is perfect. Let's not fuck it up.

IDK how Minnesota has leverage, or why they are playing hardball. Love is gonna walk out at the end of the season and they'll get nothing. That's lolworthy. Take what you can and run with it. The guy is not gonna carry your team to the playoffs anyway.

• Upvote 1

agreed with DMac and they have a chance to potentially get a franchise player in Wiggins in the deal. I think the Cavs have a Heat first rounder too right?

Guest Phailadelphia

Lol @ Chicago saying they'll give up Taj and Butler for Love.

If we do that....

9V18S.gif

I smell smoke just to make Cleveland overbid/overwhatever for Love.

Bulls roster as it stands now is perfect. Let's not fuck it up.

Love is a much better player than either of those guys. Why would you say no to that trade?

Cleveland won't have the cap space to sign Love as a FA in the offseason, so Minnesota has plenty of leverage here.

Unrelated but sort of related: it's weird seeing people say DRose needs to change his game. The game that got him to the NBA and won him an (undeserved) MVP. If he changes his game he's going to be a shit player. And he looked just fine after coming back from a knee injury last year - as fast and athletic as ever. And if Westbrook is any indication, the meniscus tear shouldn't harm his athleticism either. Injuries are going to happen. You can't actively try to prevent them by changing up your game.

By changing his style of play I didn't mean go from his drive and penetration to just dropping back and hitting the easy FG, Rose has had one very big knee injury and one mildly bad injury. No matter how much he wants it those two are still quite hard to come back from. I just see him coming back and trying that move a bit less and being less of a threat on the drive, that's what I meant.

You bring up Westbrook who has had 3 knee ops, Westbrook only goes in between traffic for a layup/dunk if it's there. He is doesn't try and force it as much because of those injuries, he is still a hell of a dynamic player but to me anyway he seems to know when to pick and choose better than Rose.

Cavs are going to eventually budge and give the TWolves what they want. Just hope its not gutting half the roster for 1 guy.

Love is a much better player than either of those guys. Why would you say no to that trade?

Because there would be other players to go with them as well...

Depth>Love on the Bulls.

As a Thunder fan you should know a thing or two about depth>stars :troll:

The Bulls are not in the running for Kevin Love. It's just people trying to amp up the competition to make Kevin Love's price higher. Ffs we just had a press conference introducing Mirotic. You don't trade off a guy 2 weeks after you introduce him to the world with Pau Gasol.

Also, we'd have to decimate our team in order to bring him here. We'd have a team of Rose, Noah, and Love and then some vet minimum guys. Butler, Gibson, Dunleavy, Mirotic, and possibly McDermott would all be potential tradebait in any scenario for Kevin Love and it's not worth losing over half of our talent just for Kevin Love. No matter how good he is.

• Upvote 2

Mavs quietly having the second best offseason in the NBA.

(Cleveland being the obvious winner)

The Bulls are not in the running for Kevin Love. It's just people trying to amp up the competition to make Kevin Love's price higher. Ffs we just had a press conference introducing Mirotic. You don't trade off a guy 2 weeks after you introduce him to the world with Pau Gasol.

Also, we'd have to decimate our team in order to bring him here. We'd have a team of Rose, Noah, and Love and then some vet minimum guys. Butler, Gibson, Dunleavy, Mirotic, and possibly McDermott would all be potential tradebait in any scenario for Kevin Love and it's not worth losing over half of our talent just for Kevin Love. No matter how good he is.

I doubt that trade offer is legit. Just more BS being released by the desperate TWolves. They lose leverage every day that he is still on the roster. If he is still there when the season starts they probably won't trade him till the deadline where they will get almost nothing for him.