Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

Warriors are so stacked it's unreal. They don't have true superstar talent like OKC, LAC, or MIA; but they have, in my opinion, the most solid starting 5 in the league. That plus Harrison Barnes as a sixth man is just nasty.

Stephen Curry is true superstar talent, my friend. And considering his position is so limited throughout the league, I'd consider Andrew Bogut something like a star center.

Love has looked really good this season. It's clear he's been working on his passing. A couple weeks in and I think he's #2 in the MVP race only behind CP3.

He's always had the outlet pass, just never had players who leaked out.

How is he behind CP3? That's absurd, imo.

Point of Discussion:

Chris Paul is arguably the most dirty player in the league.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Warriors are so stacked it's unreal. They don't have true superstar talent like OKC, LAC, or MIA; but they have, in my opinion, the most solid starting 5 in the league. That plus Harrison Barnes as a sixth man is just nasty.

Stephen Curry is true superstar talent, my friend. And considering his position is so limited throughout the league, I'd consider Andrew Bogut something like a star center.

If this was the Bogut of 2010 I would agree. But Bogut has averaged only 6 points a game in just under 25 mins the last 2 seasons with the Warriors, so I don't know how you can possibly consider that as a star center. I know that center is really weak because Dwight had an off year by all accounts and was still the best center in the league by far. But Bogut is mostly a role player for the Warriors at this point in time. He is a damn good role player though and a perfect fit for the team and the style of basketball that they play

I wouldn't call Curry a true superstar until he can prove he is capable of maintaining this level of skill. Bogut isn't a star center but he is definitely a key piece for the team. If Curry continues to play like he does and the team progresses like they should they will be in the finals. Especially since they pretty much gave some roleplayers away for Igoudala. I think he will be the key piece for any Warriors run deep into the playoffs. Edited by Chernobyl426

I wouldn't call Curry a true superstar until he can prove he is capable of maintaining this level of skill. Bogut isn't a star center but he is definitely a key piece for the team. If Curry continues to play like he does and the team progresses like they should they will be in the finals. Especially since they pretty much gave some roleplayers away for Igoudala. I think he will be the key piece for any Warriors run deep into the playoffs.

I guess I consider Steph a superstar because he's only been limited by injuries, not himself.

I would love to say that they should be in the Finals if healthy, because the Indiana Pacers are the same way. Both are the best overall teams in their respective conferences, but both face other great teams with better Superstars. It sucks, but superstar power means everything in the NBA.

However, I think Indiana's improved overall depth could help them get past Miami. GSW is deeper they were last year, too, which I didn't realize, but Houston and San Antonio are deep, too. OKC might be, if certain players develop, and they have the best Superstar in the West.

If this was the Bogut of 2010 I would agree. But Bogut has averaged only 6 points a game in just under 25 mins the last 2 seasons with the Warriors, so I don't know how you can possibly consider that as a star center. I know that center is really weak because Dwight had an off year by all accounts and was still the best center in the league by far. But Bogut is mostly a role player for the Warriors at this point in time. He is a damn good role player though and a perfect fit for the team and the style of basketball that they play

Centers can be stars at their positions without high PPG totals. Bogut does everything.

Really excited about what Brett Brown has brought to the Sixers. We have plenty of time to decide what to do with Evan Turner but if things keep going the way they have this year I think the Sixers have a better chance than some would think to re-sign him. I know Turner hasn't been happy with the Sixers organization but he's getting every opportunity to have the ball in his hands with Brett Brown.

I was all about the tanking strategy but if we can just have a great coach who can develop players we should be fine. Philly is a great basketball town and we have plenty of money to go out and sign whoever we want to or trade for whoever we want to. At this point I don't really think we have a shot at the number 1 pick but I think it'd be a lot smarter to just build a winning culture with what we have. We still have so much flexibility to make moves. Very excited about the future atm.

The NBA just got even more unbearable to watch...

NBA-Christmas-Jerseys-2013.jpg

• Downvote 1

Love has looked really good this season. It's clear he's been working on his passing. A couple weeks in and I think he's #2 in the MVP race only behind CP3.

He's always had the outlet pass, just never had players who leaked out.

How is he behind CP3? That's absurd, imo.

Point of Discussion:

Chris Paul is arguably the most dirty player in the league.

Because I've seen enough of Kevin Love this year to tell you that despite all his heights on the offensive side of the ball, defensively he isn't there. CPIII has been money in both phases of the game. And Love's team's record is more then likely going to work against him down the line.

I still think that LBJ is going to win it this year. But Paul and KD are his biggest competitors in my eyes.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Derozan put 37 pts up on us...which isn't usual for the Bulls to give up a single handed performance of that nature to anyone. Even without Rose..who's most likely resting for tomorrow's game against the Pacers, it seems that the team is heading in the right direction. I know it was the Craptors..but I saw better team play tonight than for the majority of the season so far.

And we're back to sucking. Got out of the gates hard, gave up the lead, and just let em have it. Gerald Green needs more minutes.

I don't know what got into Arron Afflalo this season but he needs to keep it up so the Magic can sell high before the trade deadline.

Aldridge has been adjusting to the new scheme being ran by Portland which does not play to his biggest strength and has still been balling. Still hands down my favorite PF in the league.

Exciting finish in the OKC/Denver game. When Lawson was fouled before he caught the ball in bounds, does he get 2 shots and the ball back? If so, why would he miss the second one on purpose?

...Or is it just two shots since the ball was in play?

Again, TERRANCE JONES.

Also, it is absolutely awesome that someone kicked Chris Paul in the face. The best play the league has seen since Jason Smith decked Blake Griffin. These two players ask for this shit. Griffin's getting better, which you can see on the court. He doesn't bitch nearly as much anymore, and I hope that's Doc Rivers' influence. Chris Paul, on the other hand, is always kicking and hitting guys under the radar and is easily the dirtiest player in the NBA. Someone could hit him with a haymaker and I would call it justified. He's just a little bitch.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Rockets keep finding new ways to fucking lose.

Edited by Chernobyl426

More like Rockets keep finding ways to fucking lose to inferior teams. Dallas is going to regress to the mean.

Granted, last night was just one team getting hot. Houston played pretty good defense on most shots aside from Marion's wide open 3, but nobody from Dallas was missing at all. It was just frustrating. Guarded shots that hit nothing but net or bounce in. I hate when that happens. That takes the game out of players' hands. It just so happens that one team got hot while another was playing fine but wasn't drilling everything with people in their faces.

This is pretty fucking awesome though, Dmac:

DANCE-OFF OF THE CENTURY!!!!

:smug:

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully Houston can get on a roll. 10-5 :rock:

But someone needs to beat the Spurs. Jesus Christ.

Stuckey has turned it around this year. I can't even talk shit about him anymore, his jumper looks better, he's being smart with the ball, I actually think he needs more PT. He's probably playing better because he's coming off the bench.

Players have already come out and said that they need to move forward from the loss of D-Rose. But seeing them try and move on this year is mentally more challenging than it was than when he first got hurt. I feel a majority of our team is slowly coming to the realization that Rose has a good possibility of not playing again for the Chicago Bulls..let alone the NBA. I saw it last night against the worst team in the league..they just lacked confidence and an overall sense of direction. It's gonna be another tough year, but I'm not opposed to hitting the reset button with the roster.