Sign in to follow this  
CribbsForTheWin

Mega Millions 636 Million Dollars

Who's all playing? I don't usually play unless it tops 300 million, and still not always then. 400 and I'm playing about 75% of the time. 500 and if I hear about it I'm in.

I got mine, and it sure is fun to dream about what to do with all that money if you should win.

What would you do with that kind of money, and would you take the lump sum, or the installments?

Personally, I go the lump sum.

I hope no one wins so the jackpot reaches a bil.

That's when I am going to strike. ONE BILLION DOLLARS! Muhahahahaha

• Upvote 1

Lump sum. I would buy my own community in Florida, move all my family and friends there.

Buy an island. Do whatever I feel like doing on said island.

I would probably go on some vacations, and hedonism my way to death by 40.

Estimated jackpot is at $636 million.. Cash prize is $341 million. Don't get me wrong, I would love a cool $300 mill.. But what a load of shit taxes are. :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Bought my tickets. I would probably take the installments actually. You get more money in the long run, and I would have to control myself somehow. I would buy like 12 bugatti's everyday and have a demo derby with them. Then I would buy a trebuchet to see how far I can throw junked bugatti's.

I would also want installments to make sure I can take care of as many future generations of my family as possible. cus I can't invest for shit.

I am only 35 years old, so I would take the payments. If you divide that 636million over 20 years, that works out to around 31 million a year. Pretty certain I can live on that.

I would build myself a Medieval-style castle, one with a moat an everything. Maybe even add some defensive trebuchets just to fuck with all those pesky-ass vandals who would try to take all my cool millionaire shit.

Guest Phailadelphia

Bought my tickets. I would probably take the installments actually. You get more money in the long run, and I would have to control myself somehow. I would buy like 12 bugatti's everyday and have a demo derby with them. Then I would buy a trebuchet to see how far I can throw junked bugatti's.

I would also want installments to make sure I can take care of as many future generations of my family as possible. cus I can't invest for shit.

Good news is you'd have enough money to pay someone to invest your money for you.

i'd take the lump sum. I hope all you guys realize if you die the payments stop its not like you can give it to next of kin. Granted most of us are fairly young but i'm certain a lot of you would do some crazy ass shit.

Edited by SteelersNation36

Take the lump sum, keep half of it in hard cash and invest the other half in several different types of stocks. Eventually your family would be worth more than you originally won, most likely, if you have half-decent investments.

• Upvote 1

i'd take the lump sum. I hope all you guys realize if you die the payments stop its not like you can give it to next of kin. Granted most of us are fairly young but i'm certain a lot of you would do some crazy ass shit.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that giant pile of booze and drugs that first installment would buy me :yep:

With my luck whoever I got to invest for me would screw me out of it somehow. Then at least I might have enough money on the next installment to have them killed.

Guest Phailadelphia

If no one wins tonight I might have to go buy a ticket for shits n gigs.

There was a winning ticket sold in California, reportedly.

Hi... this is Matt.... from California... *deep breathing*

• Upvote 1

There was one in Atlanta too. Sadly it wasn't me

I find that just so weird. Odds of winning are like 1 in 275 Million... Nobody wins, nobody wins... Then all of a sudden you have multiple winners. And then there were two tickets sold here in Iowa that were just a single number off.

For such horrible odds, that seems really bizarre that so many hit at once -- although I guess if you get enough people and tickets out there that it is bound to happen.

I am only 35 years old, so I would take the payments. If you divide that 636million over 20 years, that works out to around 31 million a year. Pretty certain I can live on that.

I would build myself a Medieval-style castle, one with a moat an everything. Maybe even add some defensive trebuchets just to fuck with all those pesky-ass vandals who would try to take all my cool millionaire shit.

You would make more money with fairly conservative investments. Mutual funds at roughly 12% return and compounding interest would make you a crap load if you invested half of it.