RANGA

Stay Classy Seattle

This is like an extension of his commercial. Them all asking him how heels about being called a thug. And now all he's gunna do is put on his headphones. :smug:

I wanna go to Stanford and get a degree so I can be a thug like my idol Richard Sherman and do hoodrat stuff with him and his homies.

What does going to Stanford have to do about this? Sherman acts like a douche/thug/dick or whatever you want to call him. This isn't the first incident and it won't be the last. He is a hell of a corner but he needs to learn the meaning of sportsmanship.

• Downvote 1

Yes, Crabs should teach him how to respond to handshakes by shoving opponents in their face and going up to fight people at charity events. And the Niners' special teams guy who clotheslined Jeremy Lane on a punt return, he should join in.

It's a rivalry game. The best rivalry in the NFL. And they stuck a mic in his face ten seconds after he made the play that beat his rivals and sent his team to the Super Bowl.

Look, Sherman *hates* Harbaugh. And thus any team Jim is associated with. He blames Harbaugh, with some reason, for bad mouthing him prior to the draft and thus lowering where he was taken. Rivalrys get chippy. People say ugly things. It's called being human.

• Upvote 1

Do I think Sherman was genuinely congratulating Crabtree for a good game?

Absolutely not. Once he collected his faculties he looked around, found Crab and raced over to him. Why? Because the sting was still fresh and he wanted to dig it in.

Do I think he's a douche about it?

No. These guys have hated each other for awhile. And the intensity of this rivalry is a pressure cooker for this vitriol. These guys and these teams are unabashed about their dislike. And it's growing, not diminishing.

Quite honestly, I have no problem with any of it. I hated it when fellow Seahawks fans pissed and moaned about Honkgate or whatever contrived slight du jour emerged. It's a rivaly. It's supposed to suck when you lose. There is no expectation that the winners need to or should be graceful in the way they win. These teams aren't built that way. They shouldn't try to be something they are not. They are both physical maulers and these contests are a bloody brawl. Finesse has no place here. Raw emotion and passion rule the field. Sportsmanship and consideration are merely the casualties.

The only rule that binds all players, is don't mess with a man's livelihood. That's a convention that still rules, and I'm glad that Sherman and others were aghast at the food shower on Bowman. That was disgusting and embarrassing.

There is no expectation that the winners need to or should be graceful in the way they win.

I could not disagree with you more, I don't care how heated the rivalry is or how strong the dislike between players, there still should be some measure of mutual respect which carries with it a level of civility once the game is over

• Upvote 1

Yeah I imagine if anyone here made the game-winning play that sealed his team's trip to the Super Bowl, they'd be talking trash too. Lighten up. It's a fucking game, dudes. If you don't like trash talk perhaps it's better you watch golf or ice skating or whatever boring ass sport it is you might be into.

Quote for the truth lol.

Honestly though, no matter what you do or don't do in the spotlight (media in general), there are always people that are going to hate someone for whatever reason.That's just the way it is.. Who cares if he's mouthing off. He's backing it up. Yeah, it can come off as a bit excessive but the only way to shut up a guy like Sherman is to smack him in the mouth by torching him. Until someone does that, he can talk. It comes off as cocky but he's doing the thang. What's worse is when someone is talking trash and they are garbage. That's what I hate.

Edited by dutchff7

Sherman finally says something smart and insightful:

In a column published on TheMMQB.com, Sherman listed the five smartest quarterbacks in the NFL, in his opinion. He rated Manning No. 1, lauding him for his adjustments at the line of scrimmage, but added this caveat:

"His arm, however, is another story. His passes will be accurate and on time, but he throws ducks."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First I wanted to respond to BWare. Just because Crabtree was drafted too high doesn't mean he's mediocre lol. Crabtree is a good posession WR. When healthy, Crabtree is a productive player.

As far as the Crabtree-Sherman fued, you're retarded if you think it all started over ONE thing Sherman said to Crabtree. They've probably been shit talking each other for years now. Like people have been saying, it's a rivalry game and it was close. They split the season series in the regular season and these two teams clearly hate each other. I'm sure Sherman and Crabtree weren't the only ones trash talking in that game. They both just acted like fools after the game. Both got caught up in their emotions and it's understandable.

Sherman is loudmouth but can't we respect the guy as a player. He was drafted in the 5th round and he's worked hard to get to where he is. He's a smart player who clearly spends a lot of time in the film room and he's done a great job of honing his craft and technique to become one of the best in the game. He's in-arguably a top 5 CB.