Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Game of Thrones Season 5

Oh yeah, and the Unsullied, the most well trained fighters on Planetos, are once again wrecked by a bunch of shitty trick-or-treaters. They're stormtroopers, basically.

Lmao, I was actually going to mention this in the shoutbox while I was watching it... It seems like the Unsullied get weaker and more useless every single episode. They are basically nothing more than punching bags.

• Upvote 1

lol, they just made Stannis the most evil person in the story. What a joke.

just read somewhere that the producers confirmed that GRRM kills his daughter in the next book anyway, probably via a similar way I'd image :shifty:

Well I remember why I was always a little hesitant about Stannis in the books and moreso on the show. They always play up the fanaticism on the show a little more but his tendency to burn people alive never say well with me even in the books. This just became the icing on the cake.

:( I want to defend Stannis but I have no book to do that in.

Quick review of last night's episode...

...FUCK Stannis. Hope you die soon, bitch.

EDIT:

Good to see I am not the only one that notices how shitty of fighters that the Unsullied are made out to be...just overrated or...??

Also, the fight sequences, at least this season, have sucked. Dialog has been great as usual, but the fight sequences blow, IMO.

Edited by BucD

Not gonna lie I loved Tyrion and Daario's verbal jabs at that noble dude who was set to marry Dany, then scaring him with the knife then he himself gets knifed up by those Harpy clowns :yao: Fuck boy deserved it.

Davos taking him out would feel so good. They probably wouldn't let Davos have that moment to himself though. He probably would sacrifice himself and die in the act of killing Stannis. Would still be awesome.

Trident kind of alluded to it with his video, but may as well talk about it. Before this year (for me, anyway) Stannis was always somewhere in the middle as far as good / evil. I never really felt the need to root for but didn't think he was necessarily a 'bad guy'.

Then this season they decide to draw a line in the sand... they (again, IMO) make us like him with those scenes of him defending and really connecting with Shireen. And then, in one episode... BAM. That's all gone. It really meant nothing. I mean, I suppose the writers wanted to do this to show us just how desperately Stannis wants the throne and to rule but... I still can't help but feeling a lot of the development they had through 8 episodes is now struck irrelevant.

I never really considered Stannis a good guy, to be clear. He used a shadow demon to murder his brother. He burned Mance Rayder at the stake for... stupid reasons. He might be a good ruler, but he is not a good man, and his scene with his daughter back in episode 4 did not chance that.

What is dumb, however, is that in the books Stannis specifically sets things up so that if he dies Shireen will take the throne. Or at least tries too. The man is obsessed with his lineage. To have him burn his only heir alive... it doesn't really make sense to me.

Stannis is too religious, is the thing. If he says no, if he refuses to do what Meli wants him to do, he's saying she is wrong, which would destroy everything he's wanted to accomplish.

And yeah, Davos would definitely die taking out Stannis. It would leave Melisandre in control of Stannis' army. So when Dany comes across the Narrow Sea and cooks her alive in dragonfire, she will take over the army.

Not gonna lie I loved Tyrion and Daario's verbal jabs at that noble dude who was set to marry Dany, then scaring him with the knife then he himself gets knifed up by those Harpy clowns :yao: Fuck boy deserved it.

Pretty sure that guy is actually helping the Harpies in the books. Not sure if its the same here, as why would they kill him.
Edited by Thanatos19

just read somewhere that the producers confirmed that GRRM kills his daughter in the next book anyway, probably via a similar way I'd image :shifty:

Well, as of the end of book five Stannis is stuck between Winterfell and The Wall while Shireen is at The Wall with Selyse and Mel. So if anyone burns her, it's not likely to be Stannis.

I'm full on team Danny now. She has Tyrion advising her and she has bad ass dragons. Team Little Finger though... The Lannisters are about to be out of the picture or so it seems. Just execute those weird monks kid. You're the king lol.

Wow what an episode. Back to back awesome weeks. Agree with everyone here, Stannis killing his own daughter is the worst act anyone has committed on the show. He deserves to get tortured by Ramsey.

And that was awesome with the dragon saving Dany but where is her Unsullied army!!!! She should never be that close to getting killed when she has those killing machines on her side, who suspiciously were nowhere to be found lol. Grey worm is probably still recovering but still. She had like 8 ppl total protecting her. There should have been like a thousand Unsullied in the coliseum MINIMUM ready for anything.

Edited by BradyFan81

Still rootin' for Stannis cause I'm that guy. :yep:

Started Game of Thrones yesterday, Should be done season 1 by tomorrow afternoon.

Started Game of Thrones yesterday, Should be done season 1 by tomorrow afternoon.

Knowing you, you will absolutely hate it.

Knowing you, you will absolutely hate it.

:laugh:

Finished half of the first season. Not bad at all, Tyrion is my most fave character in the series so far, next to Eddard and Jon Snow.

I love watching this almost as much as watching the episodes:

Never liked Stannis tbh, well I wanted to after last season. But yep he's a cunt.

Well, as of the end of book five Stannis is stuck between Winterfell and The Wall while Shireen is at The Wall with Selyse and Mel. So if anyone burns her, it's not likely to be Stannis.

Yeah I guess he said it's gonna happen, maybe not in the same way but she's gonna be the deadz soon in the books too.

I have a feeling that kid Olly is gonna do something this episode. There was some serious foreshadowing a few episodes back when he was talking with Sam and Sam told him something like "You have to do what you think is right, even if it's a hard decision and others don't agree with it" *camera meaningfully zooms in on Olly's face.

Olly's gonna shoot Jon in the head with an arrow I reckon for letting the Wildlings through. :yep:

Also Cersei is definitely dying this episode right? The opening to the season was a flashback to when Cersei was a child, so that seems like a lock.

Edited by BradyFan81

I have a feeling that kid Olly is gonna do something this episode. There was some serious foreshadowing a few episodes back when he was talking with Sam and Sam told him something like "You have to do what you think is right, even if it's a hard decision and others don't agree with it" *camera meaningfully zooms in on Olly's face.

Olly's gonna shoot Jon in the head with an arrow I reckon for letting the Wildlings through. :yep:

Also Cersei is definitely dying this episode right? The opening to the season was a flashback to when Cersei was a child, so that seems like a lock.

Olly's not gonna shoot Jon (not that kills him anyway)... That would be horrible. lol. I think it's more likely he shoot and kills a Wildling and causes massive unrest or war between the two.